Things you recently bought or got

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i did some tinkering over the winter and somehow managed to fulfill my dream of a pinball machine, even if it didn't turn out to be a mechanical one. it was fun to overcome all the minor hurdles. Since most of the parts are second-hand, were lying around at my place, or came from bulky waste, I only invested ~200$ in total.

Attachments

• Pinball.jpeg
    Pinball.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by ciaomao,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did some tinkering over the winter and somehow managed to fulfill my dream of a pinball machine, even if it didn't turn out to be a mechanical one. it was fun to overcome all the minor hurdles. Since most of the parts are second-hand, were lying around at my place, or came from bulky waste, I only invested ~200$ in total.
That's looks really nice. I have one I built few years ago running VPX. Not sure if you have nudge sensor, but I made a simple one with an arduino uno, and an accelerometer sensor for about $20, works pretty well. I love your decals, awesome job. Game on!

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That's looks really nice. I have one I built few years ago running VPX. Not sure if you have nudge sensor, but I made a simple one with an arduino uno, and an accelerometer sensor for about $20, works pretty well. I love your decals, awesome job. Game on!
Hey thx, I would love to see your machine!
Since it is a low-cost project, I had to discard a lot of gimmicks. A coin door and a plunger would also be nice. I experimented a little with the nudge. I mapped a wii mote with antimicro for this. My PoC has shown that it should work, but not yet very reliably in terms of direction. So strictly speaking it's more of a tilt bob. I may install a solution later. Nudge, ambient light, ... if only there weren't so many other things going on.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's amazing for $200

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I picked up a GunCon 2 today :wub: I didn't had one yet. And it came with a PS2, 8MB memory card and a DualShock 3 controller (yes, a PS3 controller, it was connected to the USB of the PS2). All for 20 euros :)

Nr7u89jl.jpg

All these devices do work :D Although the DS3 needs 2 new thumb caps, which I already have lying in a box.

The PS2 is a SCPH-50004 and reads DVD games and audio CDs without problems, suggesting the laser is ok :) I think it's not modchipped (backups gives the red screen), but I have a used Modbo 5.0 chip lying around ^_^

But first, all this needs a good cleaning, it's very dirty :lol:

In the pictures of the seller it showed a silver DS3 controller as well, but I was too focused on the GunCon 2 that I just overlooked the missing silver DS3. Back in the car I saw it, but it was late in the evening, the guy who packed this was not home and I was alone, so I decided to not going back.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a DualShock 4 controller for $17 which looked like the official from AliExpress and I knew it'd be a fake, but that could fool some people who don't know any better. Just opened a claim for a refund.

These days, I just prefer PS4 controllers with a USB-C port like these ones:

nmBL4l5.jpg

fIbmNTu.jpg

Photos from the web.

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ordered an 2230 SSD nvme for my steam deck. The item arrived this morning but the inside packaging was empty....... Amazon won't help me till 72 hours has passed... Then I'd have to wait another 7 days for the refund......

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-15-13-31-40-378_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-15-13-31-40-378_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping-edit.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 17

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Have ditched my Walking board for this Exercice bike
It's an Abilica voyage, don't know if you can get it in other countrys than Denmark
Was rather expensive about 900$ converted from DKK
Easy to assemble and enjoying watching Regular show on my tablet when biking away

Attachments

• 20240215_152407.jpg
    20240215_152407.jpg
    828.2 KB · Views: 15

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a DualShock 4 controller for $17 which looked like the official from AliExpress and I knew it'd be a fake, but that could fool some people who don't know any better. Just opened a claim for a refund.

These days, I just prefer PS4 controllers with a USB-C port like these ones:

nmBL4l5.jpg

fIbmNTu.jpg

Photos from the web.

Why are you torturing yourself with these knock-offs? Do you hate yourself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds.