Hardware thinking about / considering buying a 3DS...

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was in gamestop today..and I looked the upcoming 3DS games list..and some of them look very promising!...

plus the guy who worked at gamestop said the Nintendo DS has less than a few months left of "support" life.

I dont have a job yet...but when I get one...do you think buying a 3DS would be worth it?

If I got one..Acekard 2i functionality would be an absolute must.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have one and i think its worth it now since zelda is coming and the rest of the year seems pretty good. but i still think 250 is alot and there's a lot of things i would change with the 3ds (better 3d viewing angle, better 3d tech to reduce ghosting, brighter/better screen to make colors more vibrant/pop out, bigger screen to make 3d more impactful). maybe you should wait until the holidays. i think they are going to off bundles. maybe like a red 3ds with mario kart or super mario bros. since japan is getting a red one i think its likely we will get one too. if a new color does come out later this year you might regret buying one now ^^.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah its worth it lol.
For me i am so happy LoZ OoT is coming out on SUnday!
Also, Another game that is actually pretty fun is that cartoon network punch time explosion. lol i cant stpo playing it actually.

It srsly is fun and with like paper mario and a bunch of other games coming out later it will probably be the BEst handheld ever.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I heard that nintendo is releasing a red 3DS to "invigorate" the 3DS market.

but Sony is surprisingly, and aggrisively pricing their handheld the NGP (PS Vita) for the exact same price as the 3DS (in the past they have always been more)

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
*BUMP*

my friend also said the 3DS has a bit of hardware flaws and issues...like low battery life and a wonky top screen...he is waiting for Nintendo to release a "lite" version of what they did with the Nintendo DS...what do you think?
unsure.gif

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds does have some flaws. However they can be fixed like the hinge with a case, battery with a nyko powerpak plus. However i must warn you about the major design flaw, the 3ds's bottom screen has the tendency to scratch the top one.. so get screen protectors or somethin...

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
shawnanastasio said:
The 3ds does have some flaws. However they can be fixed like the hinge with a case, battery with a nyko powerpak plus. However i must warn you about the major design flaw, the 3ds's bottom screen has the tendency to scratch the top one.. so get screen protectors or somethin...

there is an extended battery by Nyko?........is it bulky and sticks out like a HTC Thunderbolt extended battery??
unsure.gif

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I have just put my 3DS on charge after a session on the Ocarina of Time, as to your question, for me that game alone warrants my purcase of the 3DS.

Plus all the other top titles (which I am sure you are aware of) that have been scheduled for release for the system, makes the 3DS a must have, so if you can afford it, go buy 1, I'm sure you won't regret it.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
im in the same situation as you
id love to bay a 3ds but the titles and the battery life make me change my idea,i will wait for a 2 revision of the hardware that should come after 1 year as the 3ds has some design flows and some other things that takes some point away from the console
so i will try to finish my current ds games and bay some other that i didnt play (okami for example)

snake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one off ebay used for 200 better than the 230 that game stop wants, I mostly got it for zelda but there are a few games coming out that I want also like the new mario, star fox.

I can't play with the 3D on for more than a few minutes though before it starts hurting my eyes

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
it's getting every increasingly hard to ignore the 3ds and it's games now, especially with the release of OOT and tv adverts for it aswell, on top of that you can buy a 3ds second hand for $240 in the uk, which is more than what the us are buying brand new but it's better than the $290 brand new they charge in the uk.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
when I first played the 3DS in best buy with Pilot Wings..my,...eyes...hurt..the entire..day...

but DoA or Steel Diver or Street Fighter..I was completely fine...

however i noticed the FPS on DoA Demo was lower when the 3D was on...compared to the animations being smooth with the slider off...

so as SOON as I get a job you think I should get one then?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..