Hardware Thinking about the future, what flashcart to get?

Aster Selene

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying a 3DS or whatever updated version of the console they'll have in about a year, with hopefully any price slashes in effect. The reason is that my parents won't let me buy a 3DS, long story why. ._. In any case, when I do so I'm getting a flashcart.

Hopefully by that time the 3DS will have been hacked and everything will be fine and dandy. However, in the case that it's not...what flashcart would be most likely to be updated properly if/when it ever happens so I don't have to worry about buying another one?

Or is that even impossible to implement and so should I just screw the flashcart and wait for the 3DS to be hacked before buying one?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
if you want ds homebrew and roms, I'd say go with the flash cart, try this topic for deciding which one to get.
If you're keen on the 3ds side of things, just wait for a supported flashcart to come out.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
AK2i is the best for 3DS at the moment. The CycloDS iEvo showed some promise but no longer gets updated and only works on a 3DS in DSi mode, not DS mode, meaning no wifi in non-DSi enhanced games (and that you need an outdated DSi in order to even change it to DSi mode so it will work on the 3DS)
3DS mode flashcarts may never happen, no one knows what kind of security 3DS mode has and it might have limitations that prevent flashcarts from being viable. I hope it happens so I can try games I'm not sure if are any good instead of buying them and then finding out they suck.
tongue.gif
But no one seems to be making any progress with hacking the 3DS, and when it does get hacked it's just as likely to be with a softmod as with a flashcart.

koolkid1773

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the 3DS will be able to be hacked using a flashcard. I think the hacking will be done wii style and be based on exploits and softmodding. Homebrew apps executed from SD card, SD card game loading etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk