This Nintendo Switch launch defect compilation video is terrifying

You know what they say: never buy a console out of launch. But some of us just can't resist, right? Screw it I'm getting one... wait! maybe not.

This video provides visual proof of a variety of problems people are having across the globe. We hope these early adopters will be able to get their consoles replaced or fixed quick!

Also, not visible in the video: 1.99 million other consoles working normally

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Paying nearly 280 for a brand new console and having dead pixels is not a common problem when the console is brand new.

False, anyone can easily go out and buy a brand new LCD TV, PC monitor, get it home and have dead pixels. A brand new PSP I bought back in 2005 had 2 and my brand N3DS also had 2 on the bottom screen.

I can understand the frustration and the lack of support from Nintendo but at the same time I see it from the other side too.

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XBots and Sony Ponies are like liberals. They trash talk Nintendo when their systems act up, but when the XBone and PS4 had problems at their launch, they don't bring it up. In other words, they blow it out of proportion. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False, anyone can easily go out and buy a brand new LCD TV, PC monitor, get it home and have dead pixels. A brand new PSP I bought back in 2005 had 2 and my brand N3DS also had 2 on the bottom screen.

I can understand the frustration and the lack of support from Nintendo but at the same time I see it from the other side too.

yes but your entitled to a replacement, not be told its perfectly normal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

XBots and Sony Ponies are like liberals. They trash talk Nintendo when their systems act up, but when the XBone and PS4 had problems at their launch, they don't bring it up. In other words, they blow it out of proportion. Hypocrisy at its finest.

so those that dont bum nintendo are sony/xbox fansboys?

or do we see that you are been over raped for over priced shit.

we was not impressed with what the wii u had to offer, we sat and predicted it would flop, and now we find nintendo still one step behind.

sorry but everyone takes the lead but nintendont drag along.

i admit launch console can have issues, but this amount of issues clearly shows nintendo have rushed a bs system out, alot of the issues you cant say wasnt forseen before launch.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
That makes me wonder. Were similar threads made here back in Nov 2013 in the same manner as the Switch when the PS4/XB1 released with having numerous issues? Did they make front-page?

bigballs1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well lets just sit back while Nintendo's shit hits the fan. maybe this is where Nintendo "do a SEGA" and give up making consoles?? zelda for pc in the future?
this rushed console could be a godsend. if there's flaws in the hardware, no doubt there will be even more in the operating systems Dimok?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That makes me wonder. Were similar threads made here back in Nov 2013 in the same manner as the Switch when the PS4/XB1 released with having numerous issues?
Of course not, the most... emotional... gbatemp members kind of don't give enough of a fuck about non Nintendo systems.
At least not a fuck enough to speak bad, or good, or speak at all.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
im due to recieve one too, just hope its not defective lol

Paying nearly 280 for a brand new console and having dead pixels is not a common problem when the console is brand new.

it is common to get dead pixels after a period of time.... end of the day it ruins the experience and nice to see nintendo just BS its customers.

so is that then their way of telling customers to FO, we used cheap hardware and supplies if yours is having dead pixels or the other countless problems jog on.

You must be new to the scene. It's a common problem that's been around for a long time. Even the GBA and DS had them.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course not, the most... emotional... gbatemp members kind of don't give enough of a fuck about non Nintendo systems.
At least not a fuck enough to speak bad, or good, or speak at all.
its not about liking the console or not, these issues are very poor and this console has far too many faults.

its a non-biased view, as a none gamer for example, youd see all these issues and think wtf is with this pile of shite.

i only dislike nintendo simply because it lacks anything i want to play, main reason for this is lacking hardware for devs to release the games i want to play (that comes out on the other systems).

you should have the option to say y'know what, i got plenty to play on my ps4/xbx1, but not had anything new to play on the nintendo console.... think today ill go buy Resident Evil 7 so im actually getting use out of the console.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its not about liking the console or not, these issues are very poor and this console has far too many faults.

its a non-biased view, as a none gamer for example, youd see all these issues and think wtf is with this pile of shite.

i only dislike nintendo simply because it lacks anything i want to play, main reason for this is lacking hardware for devs to release the games i want to play (that comes out on the other systems).

you should have the option to say y'know what, i got plenty to play on my ps4/xbx1, but not had anything new to play on the nintendo console.... think today ill go buy Resident Evil 7 so im actually getting use out of the console.
I meant it for real, not the bias but the "emotional" thing in this forum.
If the thing says "Nintendo", many users in this forum will speak a lot, good and bad.
If it doesn't, they just don't care enough to speak. That is what I meant, despite problems or quality.

Regarding consoles with faults, I would be wary to buy any console on release window, this one specially.
Once there are enough consoles around you can always get a fast replacement, but that does not happen on day 1.
As I stated before in a post vanished by VA who knows why, people seem to forget that back in the day things like RRoD were a fucking mess for real in the past. People like me avoided to get X360 completely because of the horrible death rates and bad PR.
I've seen nothing as bad as the RRoD deterrent to this day in any console. But we are still too early, I believe the Switch reliability could become an RRoD case, I would suggest to be wary. (and I mean it because if there are few gfx chips that already failed IN THE FIRST WEEK, give it a couple of months and cry)

That said, if this were about Scorpio release problems I bet people will not be so emotional in this forum.

PS: I also play a lot more xb1 than nintendo nowadays... because even there, there are fucking games.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Many, if not all launch tech face some sort of issue. Samsung had it with the exploding Notes, the 3DS scratched itself, PS4 HDMI's were bad, Ryzen chips have some issue with RAM, etc. This isn't too ridiculous to see happen, but usually, the reported issues are just one problem. The Switch is having all sorts of oddities, from the GPU freaking out, to the Joycons not connecting correctly, to game carts not being read, to dead pixels, and more. And the fact that Nintendo is being quite skittish with their removal of the dock from their store while claiming they didn't, and them DEFENDING dead pixels on a brand new product, they aren't handling this very well, though, granted, we are only one week in. The fact that people are calling fanboyisms and trying to defend Nintendo is hilarious--broken hardware is broken hardware. There's no excuse for it. There should already be a press release or some sort of comment from them saying they'd at least look into these things, but it seems like it's just radio silence. Even PlayStation, who's known for their garbage customer service was able to claim their PS4 launch issues were "for a select few", or when the Vita firmware caused touchscreens to be unresponsive, there was a patch by the end of the next day.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing is, a lot are not even tech issues, such as joy cons accidentally getting stuck because its not made clear which way to connect them.... that is poor design thought.

the docking station, again no design thought.

shit glass quality, again no design thought.

the joy cons connecting to the screen, you cant tell me nintendo were lucky enough to never witness this, again poor design thought.

placing the charger port at the bottom..... wow lets play together.... ohhh shit we cant because it needs plugging in and it wont stand up if its charging..... again no design thought.

i think majority of the issues (as many as there are) is down to cheap design, we all know nintendo want to make a console as cheap as possible and have a high price tag.

to me everything about the switch is old, nothing new, old technology and theyre sat there trying to tell the gaming world its something innovative.

this is what you get for rushing a console out, if only ninendo put more effort in the console than they do bs gimmicks.

Reactions: Chary

jinzokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best part about this for me is that my favorite livestreamers, Videogames AWESOME! were featured in this.

maybe i'll wait till summer to buy a switch.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just love how much insight people have (or maybe not ^^). It was already said these kind of things always happen and yes even several different issues. Of course it sucks if your new bought Toy doesnt work but it's not like you dont have any warranty you only need to be patient then.

If you are able to get you Joycons stuck you maybe have another problem and by the way the "charger" port isnt just for charging and if you don't understand why its on the bottom the Dock does have the connector on the bottom too so it kind of makes sense (bad design of course) ;). Oh and glass can break too, dunno if you would like it if your Switch falls on the floor and the display just breaks :D.

Last edited by nIxx,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

My Switch has none of those issues and I'm glad 'cause that would've sucked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3