ROM Hack Thoughts on Badge Arcade spoofing

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So we all (hopefully) know that cheating at Nintendo Badge Arcade to get free plays is a guaranteed ban. Your amount of plays, as well as which badge(s) you catch, seem to be tethered to your NNID.

Has anybody ever tested or studied just how much of the game is online-tethered? I have reason to doubt that every single movement of the claw or the badges needs to be synced, but no way to prove it.

I've played the game with NTR CFW running (without cheats of course) and had no problem.
I use Rosalina all the time, with its 10-second screenshot process.
I've made cosmetic edits using Luma3DS's filesystem layering.
Random physics glitches are not uncommon. Just a few weeks ago, I was scrolling through the catchers, and one of those bars that needs to be pulled out of the way just *whoosh* flew away on its own, with a few free badges following. And a few months ago, a Luigi badge in a Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam catcher was vibrating so much that I sat there watching it for 5 minutes until it vibrated itself into the freebie pile. Seems hard to believe these kinds of movements are synced to their servers.
I've also seen physics manipulation that differs between O3DS and N3DS. The two versions seem to manage their memory differently. On O3DS the catchers "close" when you scroll 2 or more catchers away from it and "reopen" when you return, whereas they seem to stay open all the time on N3DS. It seems like O3DS had higher odds of shaking up the badges.

With this in mind I've thought of some ways to cheat that ***might*** be more likely to get away with than just giving ourselves free plays.

Move or remove the floor of the catcher
Change the gravity
Lower the amount of pressure needed to make floating badges fall
Make the bombs' force stronger
*Shake* the catcher

If anyone has the technical knowledge to confirm that these won't work, that would be great!

Beyond that, discussion about how to make these cheats happen?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean, you can just install all of the badges for free, right? Unless they fixed that.
As far as I know, it removes your non-legit badges when you go online.

I dunno, personally I like having my collection that I've "earned", even if that line is blurred a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1