Hardware Thoughts on Skyward Sword Joycons?

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joy_ocon.jpg

I personally think these look great! I have neon blue, and Splatoon ones.

I had the neon yellow but they just sat around so I sold them for around what I got them for,

None have grabbed my attention up until these.They also look fancy with all the decals

Plus its a great blue, and dat purp

Last edited by playstays_shun,

jkirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think they do look pretty cool, but I am curious to see what other cool things they are coming with for the anniversary, So I don't know if I want to spend the money on these.

Reactions: playstays_shun

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they do look pretty cool, but I am curious to see what other cool things they are coming with for the anniversary, So I don't know if I want to spend the money on these.

I’m more sure of them than skyward sword haha

I would’ve been more interested in a wind waker / twilight princess combo pack

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As usual, Zelda gets mediocre limited edition stuff. Were it not for the (tiny) hyrule crest, you wouldn't even know it was Zelda related. I like the purple color though.
Zelda limited edition consoles (and now JoyCons) are always so lazily designed. By contrast, Monster Hunter always gets some of the coolest ones. Like the recently revealed one:
Monster-Hunter-Rise-Switch-Dock.png
But sadly I don't care about Monster Hunter or I would be all over this.

I just want Nintendo to release *one* awesome looking Pokemon or Zelda limited edition Switch. Preferably in a color other than black. And I'll even buy a second console to get it. Is that too much to ask? The 3DS got several. Still love my red Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL, kept it in mint condition.

It also annoys me that the dock always gets a much more intricate design than the console + JoyCons. Who ever looks at their dock? Most of us are gonna have it hidden out of sight below or behind the TV.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think those look half bad. I'll probably get them. however, I'll probably play the game with the pro controller. I have the skyward sword wii remote and nunchaku for the wii. they're both gold. I like them. it's easy to play the game with them, but I find the joy cons too small for my hands.

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious... If the sword is controlled by the right thumbstick.... How do you control the camera???

excellent question. Probably auto lock auto camera when in combat which I could imagine would get a little irritating. But I dunno

I also never played the original SS, but I heard some guide NPC tells you how to solve puzzles after you already solved them. If true - I hope thats cut out. Dont want to feel like I'm in Groundhog Day.

But I will really try to resist picking this one up, since I hate justifying Nintendo's milking and have concerns about the quality of the game itself.

As usual, Zelda gets mediocre limited edition stuff. Were it not for the (tiny) hyrule crest, you wouldn't even know it was Zelda related.

what do you mean? its the exact shade of blue of his shield. it screams Link (to me)

Though it looks like it has many more decals, I think the MH one looks tacky and like a bunch of stickers slapped on joy cons and the dock

they should've at least altered the colors on that one but I know taste is subjective

Reactions: Lostbhoy

rob4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think that the shells will be copied and sold in chinese market.
They look like blue joycons with stickers.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
excellent question. Probably auto lock auto camera when in combat which I could imagine would get a little irritating. But I dunno

I also never played the original SS, but I heard some guide NPC tells you how to solve puzzles after you already solved them. If true - I hope thats cut out. Dont want to feel like I'm in Groundhog Day.

But I will really try to resist picking this one up, since I hate justifying Nintendo's milking and have concerns about the quality of the game itself.

what do you mean? its the exact shade of blue of his shield. it screams Link (to me)

Though it looks like it has many more decals, I think the MH one looks tacky and like a bunch of stickers slapped on joy cons and the dock

they should've at least altered the colors on that one but I know taste is subjective
Are you serious? It's just blue. It could be anything.

I am quite bored of gray JoyCons, Switches and docks myself. But Nintendo don't seem to want to make colorful Switches or docks for whatever reason, only the Switch Lite gets other colors than gray.

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? It's just blue. It could be anything.

I am quite bored of gray JoyCons, Switches and docks myself. But Nintendo don't seem to want to make colorful Switches or docks for whatever reason, only the Switch Lite gets other colors than gray.

yes I’m serious. There are different hues of
Blue. It’s the shield’s color

coupled with hyrule crest and gold stuff

unmistakably Zelda to me. It may be too minimal for your taste but I wouldn’t want anymore design on it than it has. Especially the gold in between the d pad buttons

Certainly not as fancy as the 2dsxl Zelda edition but it would pair well with that as a collection

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yes I’m serious. There are different hues of
Blue. It’s the shield’s color

coupled with hyrule crest and gold stuff

unmistakably Zelda to me. It may be too minimal for your taste but I wouldn’t want anymore design on it than it has. Especially the gold in between the d pad buttons

Certainly not as fancy as the 2dsxl Zelda edition but it would pair well with that as a collection
It's essentially primary blue. Really, nothing special about it at all.
Primary-blue-color-swatch.jpg

The Majora's Mask n3DS XL was sexy. I'll take more like that any day.

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's essentially primary blue. Really, nothing special about it at all.View attachment 248293

The Majora's Mask n3DS XL was sexy. I'll take more like that any day.

it’s actually “royal” blue since were still on this.

the hex is 155adb , I used a chrome plug in to find out the exact shade

but as always I’ve agreed the decals + color in tandem solidify identifying Zelda. Not sure the color alone would. The same could be said with most franchise associated colors isolated as one - would be tough from color alone

upload_2021-2-23_16-58-2.png

for fun the right joycon is “dark slate” blue:

Attachments

• 9E36814B-397D-4825-ACC1-A382B74FB942.jpeg
    9E36814B-397D-4825-ACC1-A382B74FB942.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 166

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D