ROM Hack Time Hollow Desperately Undub

GreenBanana

OP
Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
From what I've learned so far by poking around in DSLazy, it's not the movie files where the audio to the movies are stored. Also, the opening video apparently uses English lyrics whether you're playing the (J) or (U) versions, although you don't need DSLazy to tell you that. Just a heads-up reminder so you don't get tripped up there in the honourable quest to remove "MOMMY!" from the game.

There is also a folder called "taimen". The word taimen translates into the following (according to a dictionary, of course):
1. Honour, dignity, reputation, prestige, "appearances"
2. Interview, meeting
(As "taimenkoutsuu") 3. walking so that one faces oncoming traffic

Replacing the "sound" folder changes the title screen's tinny "Time Hollow" to the Japanese "Time Hollow" reading. It also appears to fix the error with having English audio instead of Japanese audio during movies.

Have a nice day!

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed that a lot of stuff is missing, from the english version. About 10 movies, over a megabyte of text, and many other item/portrait files. Does anyone know if this was just dummy information, or were elements removed for the US release? (I'm getting really sick of this, American companies...)

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you tell me the filenames of the portait files? Because I am trying to copy the missing files into the US version and load it on my slot1 card and see whats happens XD

edit: hmm looks like its working...

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think adding them to the us version would do anything at all, if they've been cut out. I guess we need some way to view them...

The character files appear to be under "menu". chara##.arc files. Most of the files are arc files, which I assume is some sort of compressed format.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Khrone said:
I've just noticed that the names of the characters are different in the US version...

Too bad.
Yeah.. that was a little annoying to me, I mean, changing the last names so ppl get the number reference, right, but why did they change the first names and the last name of the hero?

Did anyone find out more about the missing stuff in the US version?

sleeping_forest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i've played the undub version and i've noticed that it just freezes very fast. like after the part when he says about how someone scratched up hand or whatever

Mergulho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Khrone said:
I've just noticed that the names of the characters are different in the US version...

Too bad.

Can anyone explain how to translate only the character names from the english version to the japanese ones, or just make a patch of it?
The undub would be perfect with the character names "untranslated".
happy.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ive undubbed it and theirs not much talking period. The only scenes where it will make a diff is the ending cut scenes. But if your really desperate just swap out the sound files with dslazy.

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm looks like someone has to go thru all the hassle and play thru the jap version...

then we know whats missing, and maybe it's possible to gather some people to put the US scripts into the jap version, change their first names/names, and translate what has been cut out... hm...

ps: this is not a translation request, just an idea.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gukid said:
I've noticed that a lot of stuff is missing, from the english version. About 10 movies, over a megabyte of text, and many other item/portrait files. Does anyone know if this was just dummy information, or were elements removed for the US release? (I'm getting really sick of this, American companies...)
Konami's USA branch has always been like that.

The US release trimmed is 4 MB larger than the JP release trimmed. Why is that?

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
AXYPB said:
gukid said:
Konami's USA branch has always been like that.

The US release trimmed is 4 MB larger than the JP release trimmed. Why is that?
Because the us release have 5 languages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo