Hacking Discussion Tin Foil Hat Questions about SX OS

OmegaPikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like the title says, these will be pretty paranoia based questions, but if your able to not make fun of me for them and just give me your best answers I'd appreciate it.

So since nobodys cracked the secrets of SX OS and we cant go online without getting banned, nor can we turn off the console without having to use a payload to boot it back on (if your using Auto RCM)
if your using SX OS and you have your internet settings deleted and airplane mode on, Is there anyway that the code within SX OS can somehow connect to the internet and give persona data to Xecuter? Or like.... the OS creates a license_request.dat file which u upload to there site to get your license. I am not sure what information they take from your switch or if theres some secret personal information hoarding going on in some way. What are the chances of these or other shenanigans?

No I'm not crazy, I just have severe anxiety, but I thank anyone who will take the time to give me a serious answer.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
if your using SX OS and you have your internet settings deleted and airplane mode on, Is there anyway that the code within SX OS can somehow connect to the internet and give persona data to Xecuter?
If you have removed all internet connections and airplane mode is on, it's impossible.
Or like.... the OS creates a license_request.dat file which u upload to there site to get your license. I am not sure what information they take from your switch or if theres some secret personal information hoarding going on in some way. What are the chances of these or other shenanigans?
We don't know so far what is saved in the license_request.dat file. But since the license.dat file which you receive afterwards is tied to your console, there must be some console specific information in the license_request.dat file. However, I think it's very unlikely that TX misuses information from this file.

OmegaPikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have removed all internet connections and airplane mode is on, it's impossible.
We don't know so far what is saved in the license_request.dat file. But since the license.dat file which you receive afterwards is tied to your console, there must be some console specific information in the license_request.dat file. However, I think it's very unlikely that TX misuse information from this file.

well thats good to know

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It works with asymetric encryption (PKI). You generate a file on your switch and encrypt it with a public key (which can be used as a certificate). This file is uploaded onto sx site and they have the private key to decrypt the file.
That decrypted file is again encrypted with a public key (which in this case is private) and send back to you. The switch checks the fingerprint of the certificate from sx and some other (unknown) informations to unlock the cfw.

=> your switch does not need to go online to activate the cfw

I don't know why the sx os is not cracked yet because some guys claimed that they got that public key. I guess there is more unique metadata inside that license which is checked with a algorithm which is hidden inside their payload.

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're that paranoid, change the password on your Wi-Fi router. That way, even if you're paranoid enough to assume that either the Switch or SX OS secretly saves your Wi-Fi information after you delete it, and even if you assume that one or the other goes around airplane mode to send information anyway, you'll still know that it's impossible for it to connect because the Wi-Fi password has changed.

OmegaPikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're that paranoid, change the password on your Wi-Fi router. That way, even if you're paranoid enough to assume that either the Switch or SX OS secretly saves your Wi-Fi information after you delete it, and even if you assume that one or the other goes around airplane mode to send information anyway, you'll still know that it's impossible for it to connect because the Wi-Fi password has changed.

Well Its not my house, So i cant change it or I would

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your scared of being banned or it being noted by Nintendo that you are using backuos. I don't think any SX product is for you.

franciscomaianunes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what kind of personal info? if you don't have facebook nor twitter linked, and I'm assuming (bc paranoia) you don't buy anything through eshop so anyone can't have your info (paypal and shit), you're good to go

urdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like the title says, these will be pretty paranoia based questions, but if your able to not make fun of me for them and just give me your best answers I'd appreciate it.

So since nobodys cracked the secrets of SX OS and we cant go online without getting banned, nor can we turn off the console without having to use a payload to boot it back on (if your using Auto RCM)
if your using SX OS and you have your internet settings deleted and airplane mode on, Is there anyway that the code within SX OS can somehow connect to the internet and give persona data to Xecuter? Or like.... the OS creates a license_request.dat file which u upload to there site to get your license. I am not sure what information they take from your switch or if theres some secret personal information hoarding going on in some way. What are the chances of these or other shenanigans?

No I'm not crazy, I just have severe anxiety, but I thank anyone who will take the time to give me a serious answer.

are you german? you sound like germans!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Doubt we'll ever see a Switch 2 anytime soon.