Homebrew Question Tinfoil Google Drive Need Help

XiNaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys, i have a question.

In fact. I use Atmosphere and the program Tinfoil on my Switch.

Now I know how to add different things to it. But does anyone know how I can add my own Google Drive account in Tinfoil?

XiNaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can just add the folder links that has your "stuff" to your tinfoil account and it'll automatically scan it for you.

okay i created a folder and in it 3 subfolders.
there are files in there.

then I share the top folder and add the sharing link to tinfoil.

Well unfortunately that doesn't work.
there is only requesting GDrive token, the host is only drive.google.com and path is the sharing link.

unfortunately it just doesn't work.

The areas New Games, New DLCs and Updates do not appear in Tinfoil (I can call up the files manually via the file browser, but apparently)

Last edited by XiNaru,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
okay i created a folder and in it 3 subfolders.
there are files in there.

then I share the top folder and add the sharing link to tinfoil.

Well unfortunately that doesn't work.
there is only requesting GDrive token, the host is only drive.google.com and path is the sharing link.

unfortunately it just doesn't work.

The areas New Games, New DLCs and Updates do not appear in Tinfoil (I can call up the files manually via the file browser, but apparently)

What you want to do is a major pain to get working. It requires an index.tfl file to be put in the root of your SD card. You need to generate it with something like https://github.com/eXhumer/pyTinGen . It's a hassle. I'd recommend you find a discord that is familiar with setting this kind of thing up and searching past conversation regarding it.

Minsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have linked my gdrive and can download but can't seem to write to it? Any help would be appreciated

Minsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you give the app write permissions on the permissions popup?

Yeah I'm pretty sure, cos when I made my epg for my tv be able to write to my gdrive I followed same sort of steps. I'll try again later tonight see if I've messed ups somewhere

Minsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it seams I can write to the root of my gdrive but not to any folders.

I even created folders in my drive through tinfoil and that was fine, I can delete files from my drive within tinfoil

I can't seem to write to any folders or copy any dumped game cartridges either, inaslo can't move anything into new folders

Last edited by Minsh,

Minsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you give the app write permissions on the permissions popup?
Hi mate hope you don't mind me pecking your head with questions I managed to get it to dump the game saves to a folder in my gdrive no issue

I can't get it to dump my games there though do you have any suggestions

keruption

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi mate hope you don't mind me pecking your head with questions I managed to get it to dump the game saves to a folder in my gdrive no issue

I can't get it to dump my games there though do you have any suggestions

How were you able to resolve it? I am able to manually copy and delete individual files, but it seems like there is an error any time tinfoil tries to create a new directory when backing up saves for me.

The console gives the errors:
failed to get folder id, failed to create upload session , failed to open file. It then says save game backed up successfully even though no file was copied.

Minsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How were you able to resolve it? I am able to manually copy and delete individual files, but it seems like there is an error any time tinfoil tries to create a new directory when backing up saves for me.

The console gives the errors:
failed to get folder id, failed to create upload session , failed to open file. It then says save game backed up successfully even though no file was copied.

to fix the actual save files l opened up tinfoil then file explorer/gdrive/root while in the root directory i then pressed right analogue stick in and chose the top selection "store game save backups ......" (make sure folder name doesnt exist) pressed a for save

then kept pressing b untill asked to quit, quit and restarted then went done went down to options/game saves back up and this should now show gdrive open this where it says path type root/name of folder you want (make sure folder name doesnt exist) i just chose switchsaves so root/switchsaves

quit tinfoil by pressing b then re open tinfoil all saves then started backing up to gdrive switchsaves folder

after a lot of trial and error this is the only way i could back the saves up

i still can only get games to dump to the root of the grdive and nothing else

hope this helps

bibliomon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
quit tinfoil by pressing b then re open tinfoil all saves then started backing up to gdrive switchsaves folder
Does the saves that is wanted to be back-up to Gdrive, must it be created via Tinfoil itself? If I had saves created by JKSV, it wouldnt upload that?

Also, the saves need to be created one-by-one right? Theres no option to 'create saves for all games'?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the saves that is wanted to be back-up to Gdrive, must it be created via Tinfoil itself? If I had saves created by JKSV, it wouldnt upload that?

Also, the saves need to be created one-by-one right? Theres no option to 'create saves for all games'?
Pretty sure any save data can be backed up to Google Drive.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In short you need to turn your Gmail into a Google developers account. Make an app that specifically links to your Gmail drive. Rename the file to credentials.json I think.

Run that app in nut, which then creates another file. Then copy the 2 files over to the tinfoil folder.

It's not that easy. You can probably Google a video.

The first time you run add a new shortcut in file browser select gdrive as the protocol leave everything else black (give it a name ie gdrive). It uses the login details from the credentials.json so you don't need to put your Gmail username or password in.... But it only links to your gdrive.

It's a bad idea to put your Gmail and password into tinfoil (personal opinion). Even if it worked. It's a closed source app so you can't be 100% sure what info is being collected.

Once done you'll see your games saves and should work.

Reactions: binkinator

pir8z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short you need to turn your Gmail into a Google developers account. Make an app that specifically links to your Gmail drive. Rename the file to credentials.json I think.

Run that app in nut, which then creates another file. Then copy the 2 files over to the tinfoil folder.

The first time you run add a new shortcut in file browser select gdrive as the protocol leave everything else black (give it a name ie gdrive). It uses the login details from the credentials.json so you don't need to put your Gmail username or password in.... But it only links to your gdrive.

It's a bad idea to put your Gmail and password into tinfoil (personal opinion). Even if it worked. It's a closed source app so you can't be 100% sure what info is being collected.

Thank you Kallim! Your statement about adding gdrive and leaving it blank did the trick for me! I looked through so many things including tinfoil's own documentation and nowhere does it mention that. I just added gdrive and saved it and it connected to my account (I already had the credentials and token files). Thanks once again!

Reactions: binkinator

maldov

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

how can i remove my account from tinfoil? i did it with my main account 😓

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1