Not open for further replies.

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says. I believe Tinfoil has forced itself into my nand, I know it overwrites some files for atmosphere and is very invasive when it comes to changing settings but I didnt think itd go this far.

To get to the point, my album always opens homebrew by default no matter what. As someone who takes a ton of screenshots (and doesnt save often cuz im an idiot) I worry ill be playing, take a screenshot and try to open my album just for my system to crash.

Ive tried downgrading to an older firmware with a clean SD aswell and that did not work on fixing it, Ill be trying a full restore from my old nand and see if that works.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place somehow and thanks for any help.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Basically your problem is that you can't get into the album any longer?
Then only your config has been overwritten.
Hold L while opening the album. Should do the trick.

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blawar has been known for spreading malicious softwares, so if you want to use tinfoil, use it at your own risk.
I was expecting this answer, I fully accept that I was an idiot for using it too.
I suppose if I could fix it Ill just go back to PC installs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically your problem is that you can't get into the album any longer?
Then only your config has been overwritten.
Hold L while opening the album. Should do the trick.
I can do that but as I said above I worry about forgetting about it and having a sys crash. Even after Tinfoil is completely wiped from the SD card it stays like that.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Reformat the microSD-card, reflash CFW on it and try again. You can copy /Nintendo/ folder to your PC if you wish.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can do that but as I said above I worry about forgetting about it and having a sys crash. Even after Tinfoil is completely wiped from the SD card it stays like that.
Again, what happens (or >opens<) when you hit your album icon has nothing to do whether you wiped tinfoil (SD:\switch\tinfoil) from your SD or not but with the config in sd:\atmosphere which you have most likely overwritten with a config that was included in tinfoil/hbgshop zip.
Haven't used it for a while but at a certain version blawar tended to include some atmosphere files (most likely configs) in his zip to replace along the actual homebrew itself.
So you can get fresh atmosphere files from atmosphere or kosmos github or just edit the config (don't know its exact name right now) by yourself to change this behavior.

Edit: It's this one:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/config_templates/override_config.ini

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: Monsterjj

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a nice claim you have there. Blawar doesn't make malicious softwares. It's the people who hate him and who spread lies about him on this site. Tinfoil works fine and doesn't cause any harm to the switch
I never said malicious, it very well could have been my fault aswell. Im just using the information I have to try and get an answer and possible solution.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says. I believe Tinfoil has forced itself into my nand, I know it overwrites some files for atmosphere and is very invasive when it comes to changing settings but I didnt think itd go this far.

To get to the point, my album always opens homebrew by default no matter what. As someone who takes a ton of screenshots (and doesnt save often cuz im an idiot) I worry ill be playing, take a screenshot and try to open my album just for my system to crash.

Ive tried downgrading to an older firmware with a clean SD aswell and that did not work on fixing it, Ill be trying a full restore from my old nand and see if that works.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place somehow and thanks for any help.

----------------------------------------

I was expecting this answer, I fully accept that I was an idiot for using it too.
I suppose if I could fix it Ill just go back to PC installs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You aren't an idiot for using it, just for making wild speculation that tinfoil "forced itself" onto your nand because your switch isn't working how you expect it to :rofl2:

You do realize that the new version of atmosphere opens the album by default right? :rofl2:

Tinfoil's new logo:
unknown.png

Last edited by blawar,

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't an idiot for using it, just for making wild speculation that tinfoil "forced itself" onto your nand because your switch isn't working how you expect it to :rofl2:

You do realize that the new version of atmosphere opens the album by default right? :rofl2:
If it does I am a huge dumbass, Ill try some configs again. Though I only say its odd cuz I didnt notice it happening while setting up a new sd card.

D

Deleted User

If it does I am a huge dumbass, Ill try some configs again. Though I only say its odd cuz I didnt notice it happening while setting up a new sd card.
Good. Make sure not to get information from a Goldleaf lover like Hayato213

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you can't read and are jealous. Beside you saw the whole HBG Shop/Tinfoil and Kosmos CFW dilemma that Blawar caused last summer.

How is that a delimma? It prompted the user if they wanted to uninstall Kosmos -- it did not do anything automatically. i thought you guys were all about giving users options and freedom? Funny how you turn into Stalin once that freedom affords something you disagree with :teach:

Reactions: Sno0t

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is that a delimma? It prompted the user if they wanted to uninstall Kosmos -- it did not do anything automatically. i thought you guys were all about giving users options and freedom? Funny how you turn into Stalin once that freedom affords something you disagree with :teach:

Well we don't need to have another thread bickering about your broken programs, and refusing to work with the community. I do use your programs like Incognito and Tinfoil but I do agree with others that you make it difficult for others to like you and to support your work.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we don't need to have another thread bickering about your broken programs, and refusing to work with the community. I do use your programs like Incognito and Tinfoil but I do agree with others that you make it difficult for others to like you and to support your work.

While I generally agree, I just wanted to point out something important: I never let politics get in the way of business. I would have no problems working with people I dislike. I have offered to work with Xortroll many times, despite not being a fan. He has refused each time, because politics. He won't even accept PR's.

Ave, easily top 3 most vile people in this scene, probably #1, I offered to transfer the incognito repo to her since ban evasion seemed to be in her wheelhouse (it made sense for the scene), she thought about it for awhile, then refused because politics. Then few months later had the nerve to publicly state that I asked her for help to develop incognito :rofl2:

I submitted a PR to fix a critical bug in a public SMB repo... ignored.

There are, in fact several people I do work with in the scene. I won't mention their names, to avoid drama, but to say that I do not work with the community is patently false.

The real issue is, many parts of the scene refuse to work with me, not the other way around. And that is a shame, because it holds the scene back a lot. Reswitched and Team Atlas are the number one offenders here.

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have solved the issue, Im very sorry for making any accusations (especially after not being able to sleep). I am partial to the thoughts of Blawar having any malicious software because he is innocent until proven guilty imo. If a mod would like to delete this thread go on ahead.
For the fix though Blawar was right, Atmo does automatically use the hb menu instead now. Again very sorry for any trouble.

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never let politics get in the way of business.

*Insert omophobic/transphobic comment here*

You must be really delusional to say something like that and blame the other for not wanting to work with you and your toxicity.

Glad you made tinfoil, I really like it.

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Insert omophobic/transphobic comment here*

You must be really delusional to say something like that and blame the other for not wanting to work with you and your toxicity.

Glad you made tinfoil, I really like it.
Oh my god, just shut up.
Edit: You're the only one talking like they have a phobia so far.

Last edited by sl0ps,
Reactions: CrAzYLiFe

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember the bigot saying that his app would install an nsp without asking for user consent, IDK if that's still the case, but I guess that would generally be forcing itself onto the SD card rather than the nand.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the bigot saying that his app would install an nsp without asking for user consent, IDK if that's still the case, but I guess that would generally be forcing itself onto the SD card rather than the nand.

a) the app is already on the SD card if they are running it :rofl2: I have actually considered converting the entire app into a NSP and not use NRO at all. Haven't been motivated to make the change.

b) You calling me a bigot for expressing political opinions, ironically makes you a bigot :grog:

unknown.png

Last edited by blawar,
Reactions: Deleted User
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P