XP
Country
Switzerland

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request for graphic plug-in for a game called Sora no Otoshimono Forte Dreamy Season.
The .NCGR and .NCBR files for this game are compressed with LZ type 11. There's no problem decompressing them, but after decompressing, the magic stamp RGCN starts at 0x00000004 instead of 0x00000000.

The first 4 bytes are the size of the file. The rest of the files are just normal NCGR. But with the 4 bytes added at the beginning, Tinke doesn't recognize them as NCGR/NCBR files.

All files that are like this have extension _LZ.NCGR and _LZ.NCBR.

Thank you very much. (If you need any files for testing, please let me know.)

(Screenshot of the files below.)
soraoto.png

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
@pleonex: is like on crystaltile...
I'm thinking now in something like crystaltile where there are just one interface (the main buttons like view, extract, unpack) for difference windows. The windows (inside the interface) will be the tree root (with all files of the game) and each file opened. So in this way you will be able to have more than one game opened in one interface, of course there will be the option to disable the windowed style.

pleonex, one russian guy make ​​a packer/unpacker, but not release it.

http://forums.gtamod...?showtopic=1639 - here is information on the structure of files.

thanks.
Oh, thanks, that is what I was looking for. Now it so easy to implement the plugin, I will do if I have time this week.

I have a request for graphic plug-in for a game called Sora no Otoshimono Forte Dreamy Season.
The .NCGR and .NCBR files for this game are compressed with LZ type 11. There's no problem decompressing them, but after decompressing, the magic stamp RGCN starts at 0x00000004 instead of 0x00000000.

The first 4 bytes are the size of the file. The rest of the files are just normal NCGR. But with the 4 bytes added at the beginning, Tinke doesn't recognize them as NCGR/NCBR files.

Ok, I'm doing from zero the plugin for images so it won't be so difficult to fix this problem.

By the way I show you my last experiment with nsbmd files.
gallery_153592_17_7564.png

Regards!

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok, I'm doing from zero the plugin for images so it won't be so difficult to fix this problem.
Thank you very much. There's no need to hurry. It's not a hacking project or anything. I just want to extract a few graphics from the game. Please take your time. :wub:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was told that the SDAT plugin is far better than ever
I just tried tinke 0.8.2, and the Sdat plugin is better than 0.8.0 :)
I can now read all the sound effect from Rhapsody (there were two unrecognized with 0.8.0.0).

Though, I didn't find the sound I wanted to replace in the sdat :(
The cursor selection sounds are plain horrible, I can't fight without disabling the sound.

Do you know the .adx format? it seems to be used for music (bgm01.adx, etc.)
Maybe the sound effects are also stored in adx.
And if you know the format, could it be possible to add it and played the files directly from Tinke like with the sdat?
If not possible, then too bad.

Keep working on it, it's a great tool :)
Thanks.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
And did you find how to rebuild the archiveDBK.dsa in DB kai ?
I forget it xD, once you know how to unpack a file, it's easy to make the packer, specially when you have to change only the offset and size. The unknown parts I will copy from the original pack file, I hope it works...

Do you know the .adx format? it seems to be used for music (bgm01.adx, etc.)
Maybe the sound effects are also stored in adx.
And if you know the format, could it be possible to add it and played the files directly from Tinke like with the sdat?
If not possible, then too bad.

Yeah, it's possible and so easy, yesterday I was searching information about these file format (for another game) and.... I found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_(file_format)
I can't believe it, there are code to decode it!, and it seems to be the same format... I will support this file format :)

loco365

Trophies
XP
I was told that the SDAT plugin is far better than ever
I just tried tinke 0.8.2, and the Sdat plugin is better than 0.8.0 :)
I can now read all the sound effect from Rhapsody (there were two unrecognized with 0.8.0.0).

Though, I didn't find the sound I wanted to replace in the sdat :(
The cursor selection sounds are plain horrible, I can't fight without disabling the sound.
I find it's perfect for my needs.

I hope you can support .btx files and model files (like what is used in the DS Pokemon series) to make a psuedo-editor for them. It is looking really good!

EDIT: I managed to do this with the new version of Tinke:

I couldn't do that before because of file size limitations.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
oh yes pleonex, you can support spa file too ? :) btx too

spa is effect particle sprite i found on pokemon BW

anyway 0.8.2 is more stable and fast for me ;) thankyou, so i can more quickly without worried tinke is crashed XD

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
  • Dragon Ball Kai Ultimate Butouden (TDBJ)

okay that's it, this is the best program ever written period

I've been goofing around with this program, and I have to say this is incredible - it's almost like a Tahaxan Plus. I love how you can view the text in some files by simply hitting "view" and the encoding is so easily readable. I might actually use this to revive an old project of min (Shinobi Rumble/Cha-crash -- I don't want to sound like a request baby but if support for that could be implemented I'll have your babies

the images aren't encrypted in the game iirc, but i think the image and palette files are in the same file)

but not before I finish up DBZKai thanks to this tool :creep:

loco365

Trophies
XP
I am going through the Pokemon Black files and I came across the font files with assistance from someone else. But, I can't view them. It's located at a/0/2/3 (US/EU Pokemon White) but they just come up blank, although Tinke identifies them as a font file. Can you fix this in the next release?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for Tinke, pleonex! :)

This makes both of the translations I'm working on much easier.

I very much appreciate your program :)

Keep up the good work!
Just wanted to +1 this post.

To give others a better idea, we used Tinke to extract these images (and many others) from Blood of Bahamut:

DYFVs.jpg

Cob7A.png

to be Photoshopped and reinserted into our English patch:

5UUrD.jpg

CWTDr.png

So thanks again, pleonex!

Reactions: 1 person

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@jjjewel: why you not just cut off the first 4 bytes, edit the graphics with Tinke and then re add the 4 bytes (with an hex editor naturally).
Not to take something away from Tinke but you know that CT2 would work even with those 4 bytes there...right??

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for your support!, I appreciate it a lot

oh yes pleonex, you can support spa file too ? :) btx too

spa is effect particle sprite i found on pokemon BW

anyway 0.8.2 is more stable and fast for me ;) thankyou, so i can more quickly without worried tinke is crashed XD
Ok, added to my todo list :)

sorry, please teach me, how to add custom char in NFTR font?

like a
F800=*
3053=^
Sorry but in this moment I don't know how to do it. I have to investigate more about font files, because it seems that the map char must be in order and following the codification of the font. When I got it I will write a tutorial.

I've been goofing around with this program, and I have to say this is incredible - it's almost like a Tahaxan Plus. I love how you can view the text in some files by simply hitting "view" and the encoding is so easily readable. I might actually use this to revive an old project of min (Shinobi Rumble/Cha-crash -- I don't want to sound like a request baby but if support for that could be implemented I'll have your babies

the images aren't encrypted in the game iirc, but i think the image and palette files are in the same file)

but not before I finish up DBZKai thanks to this tool :creep:
I have look them and it seems to be easy to support, added to the todo list ;)

I am going through the Pokemon Black files and I came across the font files with assistance from someone else. But, I can't view them. It's located at a/0/2/3 (US/EU Pokemon White) but they just come up blank, although Tinke identifies them as a font file. Can you fix this in the next release?
This is a bug of the font plugin, I have fixed it but these font files are so so weird... maybe there are more bugs in the plugin...

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jjjewel: why you not just cut off the first 4 bytes, edit the graphics with Tinke and then re add the 4 bytes (with an hex editor naturally).
Not to take something away from Tinke but you know that CT2 would work even with those 4 bytes there...right??
Because Tinke would make it 10 times much easier. :D This will make Tinke support more games too.

This is a bug of the font plugin, I have fixed it but these font files are so so weird... maybe there are more bugs in the plugin...
From the picture, the dots on the first row could be some encoding indicators. I don't have the game rom but you could check the font in HEX view. I used to see something like this and before each character in the font, there's a code for encoding. It should be in increasing order if I have to guess. (In this case, it might be something like 0020 0021 0022 if it's unicode, etc.) If it's the case, you can see how many bytes it takes for that code and skip these bytes when you output the font graphic.

By the way, I'm also looking forward to the adx/ahx support. :wub:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)