Homebrew RELEASE Tinleaf Installer - A No-Bullshit-No-Bullshit NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ Installer

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know. But when I tried to Install the 00, 01 etc files (in folders with archive set) I always got an Error, even if I select install unsigned code.
And I actually use atmosphere now. So I had to uncut the xci, than copy it over to my HDD and install it with the SX Installer on SXOS.

I could install split xcis (.xc0) through the sx album app, but then the games wouldnt start on atmosphere.

Sooo, whatever. I dont need it anymore but it would have been nice.

CrAZONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://github.com/blawar/tinleaf/pull/8
Tries to make the theme more consistent.

On a side note, is the GitHub repo going to be actively mantained? After compiling and running the freshly built .nro the homebrew still prompt s to a 1.3.2B update, there still isn't the include/Plutonium directory and all or almost all files are in CRLF and the audio files haven't been replaced/removed. And, idk why, but when compiling the .nro contains no icon.

Jaitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What a fucking joke of a "release". I did something like this, people told me to have just made a fork, and I listened and have removed the repo and the thread entirely. Blawar needs to realise like I did not to do this type of shit, follow licenses, dont be stupid and all is good. Yet another installer is not necessary at all.

Not going to say more because yall hyperbole and opinionated af, someone will get angry at me for my opinion just watch.

EDIT P.S, not responding to anyone who replies to me bitching about something
You're amazing. don't let haters attack you

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@blawar, Just for info. Right now for USB transmission used buffers with size 8Mb (as in OG tinfoil many time ago).

Sometimes this hangs. In OG tinfoil that buffer was reduced to 1Mb and after that all start works flawlessly.

Maybe you can decrease buffer size here too?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Give the guy a break will ya. This community was never this toxic years ago.

He's removed crap and the Anti SX Code for those who wanted it. Get over yourselves unless you can develop helpful tools for the community instead of back-seating. Just appreciate we have people willing to create this stuff even with petty folk jabbing at them constantly.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestions to make it better:
1. Do not let the homebrew run in Applet Mode, force it to run on full ram mode, otherwise it will just exit.
2. Rename Tinleaf Installer to simply Tinleaf
3. Put an icon to Tinleaf lol.
4. put an ayuwoki image when it boots
5. make a "hehe" sound when it installls

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar, Just for info. Right now for USB transmission used buffers with size 8Mb (as in OG tinfoil many time ago).

Sometimes this hangs. In OG tinfoil that buffer was reduced to 1Mb and after that all start works flawlessly.

Maybe you can decrease buffer size here too?

yeah I can drop it down and re-release

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@blawar, one more thing about USB. I think I found why installation fails somethime, especially if NSUSBLoader is used.

In the code there are two subsequent USB reads. One for response header and another for actual response. BUT! response header is less than USB packet, and NSUSBLoader just pushes header and data to the pipe without flash inbetween. So, in some case header and start of data can be in the one USB packet.

Switch USB API drops extra data from the packet on read operation. So, start of data from the same USB packet as header can be dropped and install will fail.

Reactions: SomeGamer

reanimus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's not actually going to develop this lol, he's just being an asshole for attention. i switched away from tinfoil after he put unnecessary homophobic shit in it and i can see nothing's changed

Reactions: krulaks

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's not actually going to develop this lol, he's just being an asshole for attention. i switched away from tinfoil after he put unnecessary homophobic shit in it and i can see nothing's changed

I'm still confused about how little attention his weird hate speech got.

Gabsbroni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People need to get over this "MuSt HaTe BlAwAr" train. People make mistakes and people can fix those mistakes. Closed sourced doesnt mean the end of the world. Either use the homebrew or use the other shit. Complaining doesnt help anything. If you hate his work ignore it :)

Well said. People must see all the great things @blawar did to improve the nx homebrew experience.

Reactions: Lumince

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.