Homebrew RELEASE TinWoo Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I like tinleaf/awoo installers - they both have great features that are missing from each other, so I decided to do a "mashup" and combine both installers into

TinWoo - Installer Features, that differ from Awoo-Installer

HD installs - the following are supported in Atmosphere:
FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/EXT2/3/4.

HD installs - the following are supported in SXOS
FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/exFAT

Differences from Tinleaf.
Autoupdates, Sig patches, custom graphics + sounds, NTFS support.

Added also the ability to theme(skin) and add your own sounds (Make sure to use the same filenames as provided).

Screenshots:
6oZOU8H.jpg

3DDiHJW.jpg

Download Link:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/TinWoo/releases

Source Code:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/TinWoo

Still to do - language translation for some languages, which is not on my "high to do" list, and may never get done.

Enjoy!

Thanks for Blawar, Hunterweb, DarkMatterCore - for all the code for making this (and some of my own).
Please give me a download link

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Tinfoil does pretty much everything you listed except Emmuibo. Tinfoil was the first to implement the MTP features you describe as well.

As for implementing that in Tinleaf. Tinleaf's code is too low quality to achieve that. I would effectively have to open source Tinfoil to do that at which points its just open source tinfoil, not tinleaf.
Do this? (DBI)
Captura de pantalla (5).png

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to get usb HDD to work? I have a 4 terabyte hdd full of games but can’t get it to work

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Anyone know how to get usb HDD to work? I have a 4 terabyte hdd full of games but can’t get it to work
Just plug it into your dock and run tinwoo - if you are using atmosphere the drive can have the following file system:

Fat/Fat32/Exfat/NTFS/EXT2/3/4

If using sxos - only the following file systems are supported:
Fat/Fat32/Exfat

Also if using SXOS - SXOS had it' own hard drive scanning and scans sxos/root directories for nsp/xci files - so will get confused when you run another scanning bit of software - so make sure to put any nsp/xci files outside of sxos default folders to prevent this.

You don't need to use the dock - however using it will supply the correct voltages/amps to both drive and switch (if the drive is usb powered), instead of just relying on the switch battery.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just plug it into your dock and run tinwoo - if you are using atmosphere the drive can have the following file system:

Fat/Fat32/Exfat/NTFS/EXT2/3/4

If using sxos - only the following file systems are supported:
Fat/Fat32/Exfat

Also if using SXOS - SXOS had it' own hard drive scanning and scans sxos/root directories for nsp/xci files - so will get confused when you run another scanning bit of software - so make sure to put any nsp/xci files outside of sxos default folders to prevent this.

You don't need to use the dock - however using it will supply the correct voltages/amps to both drive and switch (if the drive is usb powered), instead of just relying on the switch battery.
Thanks for the information yes I’m using SXOX and my HDD NTFS damn no wonder is not working.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the information yes I’m using SXOX and my HDD NTFS damn no wonder is not working.
You can dual boot and have both SXOS and Atmosphere on the switch at the same time - just put atmosphere and patches on the sd card + use a payload switcher to switch between SXOS/Atmosphere. That way you can have all the benefits of both cfw/softwares and you can still use your NTFS drive (just boot into atmosphere for that).

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can dual boot and have both SXOS and Atmosphere on the switch at the same time - just put atmosphere and patches on the sd card + use a payload switcher to switch between SXOS/Atmosphere. That way you can have all the benefits of both cfw/softwares and you can still use your NTFS drive (just boot into atmosphere for that).
Honestly I don’t much about atmosphere cause I have patched switch but I saw new atmosphere support sx chips now I’ll try looking into it thanks

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mrdude
dont talk with blawar, he is just an egocentric a narcissistic person thinking he is the best in dev
he don't give any consideration to other when ask for issue or something else until some one do better than him

but just whine when someone fork his project (that he got himself fork from someone else)
and just wake up when some one do something better than him

i bet that when your release with some new future wil be ok he gone to add it to his installer in a better version of course ...

Last edited by samuzomoxo,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mrdude
dont talk with blawar, he is just an egocentric a narcissistic person thinking he is the best in dev
he don't give any consideration to other when ask for issue or something else until some one do better than him

but just whine when someone fork his project (that he got himself fork from someone else)
and just wake up when some one do something better than him

i bet that when your release with some new future wil be ok he gone to add it to his installer in a better version of course ...
Thanks for being constructive to the thread but he has a point this is just a fork that literally adds 1 thing. Sigpatch updating which isn't included for legal reasons.

Which can be done by other homebrew which updates atmos at the same time .

Also he did say himself do a pull request and if jts valid he will push it.
To which geniuses in this thread decide to just reply their issues/pr requests in here for some reason.

But sure if you want another awoo clone with a different theme go ahead lmao

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for being constructive to the thread but he has a point this is just a fork that literally adds 1 thing. Sigpatch updating which isn't included for legal reasons.

Which can be done by other homebrew which updates atmos at the same time .

Also he did say himself do a pull request and if jts valid he will push it.
To which geniuses in this thread decide to just reply their issues/pr requests in here for some reason.

But sure if you want another awoo clone with a different theme go ahead lmao
legal or not is not the main problem since some other homebrew here provide this option.

and also other howebrew doing the same thing is not a problem too since they provide different interface and ergonomic purpose !
everyone is "free" to provide the version of a tool he wants

so to geniuses in this thread who dont read correctly to understand that pull a request is just useless with blawar
and laugh about clone but don realize that the one he defend is also a clone

well ask a new brain for christmas, ... oh wait ... ? too late ! lmao

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP

Yep that and the ability to use sounds (again) or not, use your own themes (if you don't like the gay awoo graphics), and adds ext2/3/4 support. Also fixes some text/graphics....

As the code was posted on github for people to clone, or mod to whatever they wanted (both awoo and tinleaf), you can't really complain that someone forked it - made some changes and reposted, surely that's the whole point of github and why people put their code on it.

Obviously some people can't code, or don't even know what github is, or know how to install devkit pro - etc, but wanted all features of awoo back + some of tinleafs. That's all I've done and I've shared it for those people. If you want to use, feel free - if not, don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch