• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Tom Cruise yelling at crew members for breaking Covid safety protocols

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,581
  • Replies 12
  • Likes 3

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not gonna lie, I wish people would get aggressive against those not wearing a mask or improperly wearing a mask in public. He might have been hard them but at this point, I think it's necessary.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know all the context, but from what I see in this limited video - he's right. A few dicks could cost the whole production and then everyone loses their job.

Reactions: Veho and Lostbhoy

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tom Cruise be like:- our movies is going to get shut down.

crew member: im sorry

Tom Cruise:-

download.jpg

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst I totally get the need to make his position clear, for the good of the industry, the example that he sets by shouting and screaming like that is poor. He probably risked more lives and put everyone at greater risk by shouting, even through a mask.

What a dick.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can I start a petition for Tom to talk some sense in the current president? :tpi:

Ahem...but serious: he's pretty pissed. But not "just" at the guys breaking protocol, if you ask me. I think he hates the situation, understands the gravity of it and the risks it brings to...well...at the very least that particular movie-shooting job. But it seems he's talking of the whole industry.

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: Deleted User

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He has a lot more at stake than those members of the crew, but I think there were better ways to get his point across.. of course, it could all have been a performance in itself that was meant to leak for virtue signalling purposes, but I doubt that and think it's just a blow up due to stress.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good on him. He will have made personal assurances that people would be sensible and this won't have been the first conversation he had with the staff on the matter.

What asshole recorded it and leaked it?

The people who quit must want to get paid to infect each other, good riddance I say.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Caller -"Everytime I start a Pc game on my S24, playing on a external monitor, someone calls or...