Gaming Too many "remakes" on 3DS...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm obviously trolling.
I don't like rpg's so zelda isn't my bag.
You like it that's fine. Don't tell me I'm looking forward to it more than starfox.
In my view it's the better game, sucks it's getting no press whereas zeldo gets re-released for the thousandth time and it's all over the place.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Warrior522 said:
...tell me you did not just imply OoT was not a good game...?

I'm gonna to say that there are much better games than Ocarina of Time. It's not a bad game by any means but I don't see why people hold it up as such the master of gaming. I played it, I thought it was alright like the rest of the Zelda games, but I've played much better games in my life time.

Like MGS, eh?
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(Nollog @ May 11 2011, 03:51 PM)
I'm obviously trolling.
You like it that's fine. Don't tell me I'm looking forward to it more than starfox.
I don't recall Zelda being an RPG. I could have sworn it was an Action/Adventure thing. But, I guess it doesn't affect anything.

As for my opinion, I think Nintendo is just remaking because all the fans wanted it. And now the fans are like "NO NINTENDO WE HATE YOU". I can't blame Nintendo.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
I'm obviously trolling.
In my view it's the better game, sucks it's getting no press whereas zeldo gets re-released for the thousandth time and it's all over the place.
The only reason I say you're trolling is because you called Zelda an RPG. Only Zelda 2 is an RPG, the others, including Zelda 2, are Action-Adventures.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Warrior522 said:

I'm gonna to say that there are much better games than Ocarina of Time. It's not a bad game by any means but I don't see why people hold it up as such the master of gaming. I played it, I thought it was alright like the rest of the Zelda games, but I've played much better games in my life time.
Like MGS, eh?
smileipb2.png

I was honestly gonna say MGS was a better same generation action adventure title but I felt like people would baww too much and MGS isn't exactly your typical action-adventure game.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Nollog said:
I'm obviously trolling.

I agree that Starfox should be getting more hype, it looks amazing! I can understand the Zelda hype though, playing it the one time in feb felt like a very different experience compared to the N64 original, it really does look and play fantastic in person.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Warrior522 said:

Like MGS, eh?
smileipb2.png

I was honestly gonna say MGS was a better same generation action adventure title but I felt like people would baww too much and MGS isn't exactly your typical action-adventure game.
[youtube]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/youtube]
Also I'm fine with you preferring MGS over OoT. I don't (I'm not that big on the MGS franchise tbh) but like I said, it's a matter of opinion really.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Guild McCommunist said:
Warrior522 said:

I think much of it all can be nostalgia... since you were 5½ when it was released I guess you didn't get the same "wow-factor" as those a bit older at the time... and now later when newer and "cooler" games are released, OOT maybe isn't as special as it once was...
I know that's how I feel
smile.gif
my feelings the first time I played it still holds on.

(compare to internet: back in the day when it first came (and began being somewhat useful), people thought it was AMAZING... the kids of today have all grown up with really fast internet, and many just see internet as something... normal... almost as it's their right to have internet... while those who were active when it first came still think it's all awesome and that it has evolved incredibly)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Warrior522 said:

I think much of it all can be nostalgia... since you were 5½ when it was released I guess you didn't get the same "wow-factor" as those a bit older at the time... and now later when newer and "cooler" games are released, OOT maybe isn't as special as it once was...
I know that's how I feel
smile.gif

Well I played it somewhat recently when it got its VC release and didn't find it as great as people made it out to be.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Warrior522 said:

Like MGS, eh?
smileipb2.png

That's because it was also a Third-Person Shooter and a Stealth game.

Guild McCommunist said:
Issac said:
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ May 11 2011, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE(Warrior522 @ May 11 2011, 09:43 PM)

I know that's how I feel
smile.gif

Well I played it somewhat recently when it got its VC release and didn't find it as great as people made it out to be.
Well there's your problem. In fact, that's a big part of your problem. Moreover, you probably went in with expectations like I did with Gurren Lagann, which really diminishes the experience.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
machomuu said:
Nollog said:
I'm obviously trolling.
The only reason I say you're trolling is because you called Zelda an RPG. Only Zelda 2 is an RPG, the others, including Zelda 2, are Action-Adventures.
So you don't play the role of link?
There's no levels, but you can't do some stuff without leveling-up by progressing through the story.
You can buy stuff.
You can trade stuff.

Lots of rpg elements try to pad the game out to appeal to rpg players.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:

I'd generally call it an action adventure title though. It has an emphasis on stealth (shooting not so much, most of the time you'll be using stealth takedowns) but it's still action adventure. Regardless, it's a better game to me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
machomuu said:
Nollog said:
I'm obviously trolling.

So you don't play the role of link?
There's no levels, but you can't do some stuff without leveling-up by progressing through the story.
You can buy stuff.
You can trade stuff.

Lots of rpg elements try to pad the game out to appeal to rpg players.

You just described an adventure game.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ May 11 2011, 04:12 PM) QUOTE(machomuu @ May 11 2011, 10:08 PM)

I'd generally call it an action adventure title though. It has an emphasis on stealth (shooting not so much, most of the time you'll be using stealth takedowns) but it's still action adventure. Regardless, it's a better game to me.
Oh I'm not denying that it's an action-adventure game, I'm just saying that's why people often write it off as something else.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, tons of consoles have remakes as early titles nowadays. Just think of how many PSP games are ports of PS2 games. But also think how many original masterpieces it eventually got. Give it time.

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not saying I disagree with the overhype-ness of OoT though. Like a shitload of others, I'm picking the game up, but I ain't sitting here counting the days and go batshit crazy once it's released, but I am excited, regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: