Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
98otiss

So, I got it to work, turns out if you have the programs the OP states to install, still crashes, but if you are quick enough, you'll be able to write body color, and it will crash after write. So you can re-open the program, and do the button colors, OP if you reading my comment, you should add my reply to the post to help others. And thank you so much for this tool.
2017072517334800-1e95e5926f1cb99a87326d927f27b47e-jpg.93685

and yes, pink is one of my favorite colors, laugh all you want. I'm Male btw

You are Male and pink is one of your favorites colors ....!!!! jajajaja, thanks for giving us the authorization to laugh btw.
upload_2017-7-27_9-18-58.png

Last edited by BoxNinPlay,
Reactions: CTCaer

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
View attachment 93819
Body color and... Body color? :P
Derp :D
Copy pasted the new logic that produces the hex color for button names..
Next version

Nice little tool!

Small suggestion. The default Color selector in .Net sucks.
Any way to change it to "https://github.com/cyotek/Cyotek.Windows.Forms.ColorPicker" (MIT License)
Shouldn't be hard work by the few sec i had to watch with ilspy
I'll consider this because I hate the default ColorDialog..

If I may make a suggestion, maybe use the same - or similar - icon to what the Switch shows so that we can get a better visual for how it will look like once flashed.
That being said, I should get my bluetooth module today so I'll check it out this weekend
I don't want to use these, but I want to make the ones right now more minimal so the color changes look better without small white areas.

Can anyone confirm if this works with the pro controller?
No, it doesn't for now. I need to figure out why spi reading/writing comes out with different addresses.

Last edited by CTCaer,
Reactions: DarkIrata

Sam S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Derp :D
Copy pasted the new logic that produces the hex color for button names..
Next version

I'll consider this because I hate the default ColorDialog..

I don't want to use these, but I want to make the ones right now more minimal so the color changes look better without small white areas.

No, it doesn't for now. I need to figure out why spi reading/writing comes out with different addresses.
Do you still need an SPI dump of the pro controller? I hsve one if you need it.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not a simplified drawing? Just draw a rectangle with a border matching the button color, then draw a circle and a square in it.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Preferably have the background of that window match the background used by the Switch.

A good bonus would be to have a picker list of official/popular colors so people can switch or switch back without having to memorize all the hex codes.

it doesn't really matter how photorealisatic the icon is if the colors end up looking janky when viewed on the Switch.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

duckfriedrice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version released!
Check OP for changes.

Who ever had strange crashes, please try the new version.
Pro controller is still untested and I will need an SPI from old version, from new version and from shiny's hid whispering.

@NotPengi:
Please PM it to me.
I think that Pro controller SPI flash structure is different than joy-cons because of different Microcontroller..
Lastly, I was planning to release the source on github since start. But now this will take a while, until I make Pro Controller logic usable and clean the code a LOT! :P

I too would love to see the source for this. I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a web app for chrome since Web BLE is out of beta. https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/07/interact-with-ble-devices-on-the-web

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do you still need an SPI dump of the pro controller? I hsve one if you need it.
I think no. I will need someone to test beta builds when I have time though..

So... is this the first Switch hack?
Nope, mostly cosmetics modding.
Changing things in SPI can't crash switch. So it can't be utilised easily like that.

@duckfriedrice
If there's an api to access raw hid it's doable. And probably cleaner than windows winforms

Last edited by CTCaer,

Sam S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Changing things in SPI can't crash switch. So it can't be utilised easily like that.

@duckfriedrice
If there's an api to access raw hid it's doable. And probably cleaner than windows winforms
Okay, please message me if you wuld like me to beta test, I'd be happy to do so.

duckfriedrice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@duckfriedrice

Crap... Looks like HID over Web Bluetooth is blacklisted because you could have a website act as a keylogger.

D

Deleted User

Neon Pink and Neon Green Joy-Cons exist. Someone who has them, please dump SPI for him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol