OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you so much! Really useful info!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, so the LEDs still only stay activated less than half the time and the home button doesn't illuminate at all. Perhaps it doesn't work with the blue Joy-Con, or it's an issue with Bluetooth and only works via USB?
For leds I will come back to you later.
I don't remember my custom command algorithm.
For home led, it works with both USB and Bluetooth but have different behavior, flashing VS breathing. The app supports only Bluetooth for now though.

I will test and come back to you

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's okay man. To clarify once more, they were working fine this morning but now suddenly the LEDs I want turn on briefly before it just reverts back to the first one, but a very small amount of time they stay on.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So yeah, I added set led command to the logic. That's why they reset back.

Also some commands are skipped, because I implemented non_blocking hid, but for some reason the device reject them, because I don't read their confirmation ACK.
So I also have to revert this back. But if you send a command that does not produce a reply ack (e.g. cmd 00) then the app will hang. I will see how to check this also..

I will make a v1.5.1

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought that'd be the case. Strange it worked initially, but thanks for checking!

Ah okay, that makes sense. I'd assume that's why the home button LED doesn't work.

Sounds cool! Do you have an ETA? (Don't rush it, of course!)

Also, if you're wondering why I'm so interested in this, it's because I have a set of Joy-Con but no Switch. I current use them for PC gaming and of course for playing the Switch with my own controllers at an internet/gaming-cafe kinda place. I'm just a teenager so it's while I save for the Switch. I've been waiting for someone to implement rumble on PC for a long time, and you're getting somewhere and thank you so much for it. :)

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well sometimes it works because a late reply can reach it. If for example you change the input format with cmd 1, subcmd 3, arg 30 or 31 or 33 then you can send the LED command and it will stick.

Also I found how to fix hangs, something I really forgot about hid_read_timeout :D
Anyway, I'm doing tests now. For some reason though, the HOME led does not work, even though I could with Shiny's tool.
I have to investigate when I return from work (VM are not allowed here).

EDIT:
Actually I will make it blocking so it shows this way that an output report is not supported.

Last edited by CTCaer,

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, you're right, that works! Cheers :D

Cool, I guess that should help with it.
Yeah, it's very strange indeed. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it, it'd be pretty cool.
That's okay, I guess I'll see how things are going tomorrow morning. (From Australia)

Edit for edit: Do you mean it'll tell you if the command/subcommand returns zero bytes? That'd be helpful.

Last edited by Ep8Script,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, you're right, that works! Cheers :D

Cool, I guess that should help with it.
Yeah, it's very strange indeed. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it, it'd be pretty cool.
That's okay, I guess I'll see how things are going tomorrow morning. (From Australia)
Haha I’m an Aussie to

Reactions: Ep8Script

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do you mean it'll tell you if the command/subcommand returns zero bytes? That'd be helpful.
Something like that. But I actually fixed it..
There are some commands that do not generate input report. So I changed it to a read that supports time out.

By the way, I was thinking to add a console or text box with the returned bytes. Because I sometimes use it a lot and I don't want to use USBPcap.

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good job!
That makes sense, cool.

That's a great idea! You'll be able to return useful values that way, I say go for it.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm, weird..
It's like the Joy-Con knows that I use Windows and does not change HOME LED.

It works in Linux with USB (Charging Grip) and BT.
In windows the same commands it do nothing.
The device replies correctly with an ACK 80 38..

Maybe @shinyquagsire23, has some insight on this..
I can send the v1.5.1 beta if needed..

Jcchadw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a possibility of an update so that we can change individual button colors for the SNES themed buttons??

doriandu45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a possibility of an update so that we can change individual button colors for the SNES themed buttons??

I don't think because it's a Switch's system limitation: we can only change the "global" buttons color, that's how the system works.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
All Joy-Con controllers have 2 color values. 1 for Body color and one for all buttons.
Pro Controller has only 1 value. Body color.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool app! Really like it and it works like a charm :).
For all people: it does not work on any VM software (so no Parallels, VM Ware, Wine etc.).
I hope someone can transform this in a workable Mac version when the source is released!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
    Veho @ Veho: Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint...