Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

Zephyrnereus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having some issues with my pro controller. For some reason, my switch does not want to recognize the grip color changes. Instead, it takes the body color and covers it everywhere. I find this very strange because I was able to do it before where the switch recognized I changed the grips to white and it was working fine for a while. At least until I switched to the 5.2.0 update.

Zephyrnereus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yup. the tool shows a controller with different colored grips. the switch shows a single colored controller. I already tried changing the colors of the body and the grips around but all it does is change everything to the same color on the switch.
20181006_200853.jpg 20181006_201002.jpg

Last edited by Zephyrnereus,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yup. the tool shows a controller with different colored grips. the switch shows a single colored controller. I already tried changing the colors of the body and the grips around but all it does is change everything to the same color on the switch.
View attachment 145933 View attachment 145934
What were the grip colors?
Maybe they changed the algo again in 6.0.0

EDIT:
FYI, in 5.1.0 it works by having the buttons white.

Last edited by CTCaer,

Zephyrnereus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the way I had it before was with white grips and buttons (so that I could tell the difference from my third party controller.). I recently got a faceplate and wanted to make it match, but instead, I got what's in the pics

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the way I had it before was with white grips and buttons (so that I could tell the difference from my third party controller.). I recently got a faceplate and wanted to make it match, but instead, I got what's in the pics
Well it's easy to have the white grips. You just change the button colors.

But in order to have grips, as I said, the only thing needed is 0xFFFFFF buttons and whatever body/grips colors.
Probably something changed in 6.0.0.

EDIT:
Play a little with button combos. Like giving a color or black (0x000000)

GreenChile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember, newer versions of switch fw, disable the led.

Try to press the sync button and reconnect them. The button remaping has nothing to do with that. It's more because of the reconnection, which you can do it from switch also (by removing it as a registered joy-con and attaching it).

Switch fw 5.1 and up required.
so youre saying i cant have the grip colors cause my controllers are up to date and my switch is at 6.0

bubin7766

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had an issue with this... When I change the joycon color, I end up semi bricking the joycon... I've picked a gray joycon, tried changing to another official color, and applied...
When I put it back on switch, at first it detects the old color, but if I remove and put back, voila, new color.
Except that no buttons work, only the analog... I end up putting old color back and using the app vJoy to remap the buttons and have it working again (first time took me solid 3 hours to get it back working, was sort of desperate, lol)
Anyone knows how to revert this? I've only tried the Right Joy Con (-)
Thanks in advance
Can you guide me on discord on any chat app on how to fix this, ive just had this exact issue and im unsure of how to fix it. Syncing and desyncing dont work on the switch even with a reboot. i use bubin7766 anywhere. Thanks in advance

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here are the screenshots of the config in my left joycon, which stick I wanted to effectively "kill".

I put the deadzone to FFF. And these are the screens after putting the stick deadzone to FFF, and after writing to the SPI.

This happens in neutral (when not touching the stick at all in the Caibration Test):

nEUTRAL.PNG

This is making the stick all way to the right (the problem is it always goes to the left):

ALL WAY RIGHT.PNG

And here, the params of the stick calibration:

STICK PARAMS.PNG

Is there any settings I'm missing? Thanks everyone.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so youre saying i cant have the grip colors cause my controllers are up to date and my switch is at 6.0

Yes, ever since the 6.0 update. Whatever color you choose for the body it will automatically select that for the grips color, regardless of what color grips you choose in the program.

thehawkmanlyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is great!!! there is a little problem with pro controllers tho. when i change the grips, it changes nothing to the controller. but the body changes the entire controller with along with grips (on switch).

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, it seems that 6.x changed the algo. So until we check if there's a way, probably not.

What it seems, is the case now, is that it only supports the official grip colors now.

Reactions: tiliarou

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, so I got custom color grips to show up.

My guess, is if you leave the shell color stock, you can change the grip colors. Otherwise, it will default to whatever color you selected for the shell.

I see. So the body color is now manadatory to be stock.
What about the buttons? You can change them? (That was the old prerequisite to have grip colors, for them to be white.)

Reactions: tiliarou

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. So the body color is now manadatory to be stock.
What about the buttons? You can change them? (That was the old prerequisite to have grip colors, for them to be white.)

The buttons I changed to the dark grey/black stock color. So possibly because it's another stock color, it still works?

ajipro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck. All I want are white grips. I'm on the latest Switch FW and all my controllers are updated. Can someone give me the body, button, and grip rgb and/or # values I need to make this work please? :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto