Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck. All I want are white grips. I'm on the latest Switch FW and all my controllers are updated. Can someone give me the body, button, and grip rgb and/or # values I need to make this work please? :D

Keep body color stock, stock button color, then you can change the grips color.

I'm out of the loop. does this still work with the latest controller fw?

Certain things, yes.

ajipro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep body color stock, stock button color, then you can change the grips color.

If I use the stock body color and stock white buttons, the grips are forced to be grey.

If I change the buttons to the stock black joycon buttons, the whole body becomes stock grey

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use the stock body color and stock white buttons, the grips are forced to be grey.

If I change the buttons to the stock black joycon buttons, the whole body becomes stock grey

Did you make a backup of your original SPI? If so, restore it, and try again. I think if you change it to a non stock color once, it won't go back. Just a guess though.

IMG-20181111-074812.jpg

I was able to get it to work on that, by changing only the buttons to black and the grips to the custom color. FW6.1.0

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Did you make a backup of your original SPI? If so, restore it, and try again. I think if you change it to a non stock color once, it won't go back. Just a guess though.

IMG-20181111-074812.jpg

I was able to get it to work on that, by changing only the buttons to black and the grips to the custom color. FW6.1.0
Probably because the body color is specific and they may matched with mac addr.

Not all Pros have body colors of x323232 (normal one)

Xenoblade Pro is x323132
Splatoon Pro is x313232

ajipro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoot, I overwrote my very first backup. Am I screwed then, or is there anything else I can do?
I mean, worse comes to worse, I could wait until the official pro controller with white grips gets released, and use it's body color to give me the white grips the same way the Splatoon and Xenoblade grips work with their special body color values

Last edited by ajipro,

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm stuck. All I want are white grips. I'm on the latest Switch FW and all my controllers are updated. Can someone give me the body, button, and grip rgb and/or # values I need to make this work please? :D
well, even if this isn't worked out now, the smash bros controller will come out soon with white grips so you'll be able to use the hex code from that when it comes out.

1acha123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please please help I am so anxious right now.
I did everything the same way and it worked for the first 3 joycons.
Then i got to the fourth. I did everything, I backed it up, changed the colour, disconnected it and connected it to my switch. It does the snapping animation but it doesnt pop up as a controller! I can't connect to it wirelessly to my switch either. None of the buttons work on the switch. I connected to the Pc again, saw that the inputs were getting registered in the playground testing section. and I even tried to Restore the SPI but it didnt work after that either. Any kind soul please assist me I'm so sorry if I'm panicking but I just don't understand...

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I assume you use paperclip or screwdriver or tinfoil or whatever obscene tool to enter RCM and you damaged your pins.

Or, you booted with the jig on. So you just need to press the SYNC button once and then, without pressing a button, slide it into the rail.

Or you can press the disconnect button in joycon toolkit and then slide it.

1acha123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually used no such thing. I've never used any of those clip modifier things I literally am only here to change the colour of my joycons. I've pressed disconnect. I've unpaired from my computer. Everything. It still doesnt work.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just use the disconnect all controllers in switch settings.
It will delete all joycons Joe you have to just slide them to re pair them

1acha123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use the disconnect all controllers in switch settings.
It will delete all joycons Joe you have to just slide them to re pair them
I did that too.
It didn’t work.
It just does the “Snap” animation When I connect it to the switch but nothing is connected. The buttons don’t work, it doesn’t show it connected in the controller settings.
The other Joycons connect, pair and work just fine.

1acha123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the joy-con pins.
Pins are all fine
I can even connect my other right joycon to my switch via the pins so it’s the switch’s pin either so I don’t think it’s hardware wise. I can sync Controllers wirelessly but I can’t with that one joycon

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The joycon pins not the rail's pins. First I told you to check the rail pins and you said they are ok.
ANyway send the SPI

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wat? why?
Destructive a lot?

No it's not possible.
You can always restore it, because the needed regions that can break it, are locked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto