Top 10 Games I Think Companies Don't Care About Anymore

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ristar: That game was interesting, did it have a sequel because I've only played the first entry but what I wonder is why he wasn't is sega allstar tennis and racing? hmm, maybe he'll be in the next sega allstars racing. but overall like I said before I hope they bring these game back from the brink just like they did with kid icarus : uprising
There was one game and a poor GG port.

I'd doubt he'll ever return unless its a digital only release which seems to be the way Sega are heading now.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mention of Timesplitters? One of the guys at Crytek even admitted that they would make a fourth, but they just don't believe there's enough interest in the market.

I don't care what he says, it's always time to split!

Reactions: 1 person

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mention of Timesplitters? One of the guys at Crytek even admitted that they would make a fourth, but they just don't believe there's enough interest in the market.

I don't what he says, it's always time to split!
If enough people joined the facebook page it might happen. Plus with them going f2p it might be a pretty bad system.
http://www.facebook....mesplitters4PLZ

I say Okami, Megaman, Bomberman(great MP game never really cared for the actual story which lets be honest on some were practically non existence in the first place), Z.O.E. which might be getting a game and Front Mission. Not a FPS game a actual SRPG.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't what he says, it's always time to split!
If enough people joined the facebook page which I doubt will be enough it might happen. Plus with them going f2p it might be a pretty bad system.
http://www.facebook....mesplitters4PLZ

...And the page is well below its goal of 100k supporters. I'd worry about how Timesplitters would deal with a F2P model, but it's looking like we might never get the chance to see it anyway.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't put Sunshine there. First SM64, Super Mario Sunshine, Smg 1 &2. Too much now.
Mario 64 got edited by many ROM hackers.
For example, Levels, maps, spawn area (start) are different by todays 3D model editing softwares. People have published so much rom hacks, so pretty much, I don't think Nintendo don't care, its boring w/ same everything.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Road Rash! When was the last game made for it?

The last good one that I know of was for the Playstation and all I have seen since then are some cool looking video's on youtube of a beta or prototype....

You know as soon as I saw this thread title I though "I'm gonna say Road Rash. The OP won't have done and nobody else will have for sure". Well I was 50% right!

I never spent much time with the playstation/saturn (identical?) version, though I'm going to give it a go with my new phone, if the emulator is powerful enough to merit it. I remember not liking it when I had it for the Saturn, then playing it on the playstation once and thinking "yea maybe it needs another chance". I still think the best one is Road Rash II on the MegaDrive. Such a good game, and probably the most worthy sequel ever!

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
Seriously, it's been like 8 years, give us the damn sequel already.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Road Rash! When was the last game made for it?

The last good one that I know of was for the Playstation and all I have seen since then are some cool looking video's on youtube of a beta or prototype....

You know as soon as I saw this thread title I though "I'm gonna say Road Rash. The OP won't have done and nobody else will have for sure". Well I was 50% right!

I never spent much time with the playstation/saturn (identical?) version, though I'm going to give it a go with my new phone, if the emulator is powerful enough to merit it. I remember not liking it when I had it for the Saturn, then playing it on the playstation once and thinking "yea maybe it needs another chance". I still think the best one is Road Rash II on the MegaDrive. Such a good game, and probably the most worthy sequel ever!

They made 2 different Road Rash games for the PS1, one is nearly identical to the Genesis games (and is the one I love the most.) they just updated the graphics and the music and added some FMV cut scenes that are to be honest pretty awesome (Short and before or after a level so they never get annoying rather than entertaining.) They also made this game for the 3DO that I know of, I am not sure they did make it for the Saturn? (I just checked google and sure enough it looks like the exact same game.) If you like 90's era grunge music you will love the sound track for it... lol Rusty Cage by Soundgarden is the featured track for the video that plays before the title screen.

The other Road Rash they made for the PS1 is called Road Rash 3D I have that game as well and its good but its not as good as the other one in my opinion. This game is a conversion from the N64 version.

Edit: Just going to toss this here... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FJiKhO4Jgk

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shouldn't this thread be renamed to a top five list?

F-zero: That game was revolutionary, but I think they got discouraged because of all the rip-offs that came out

Name one F-Zero rip off please. The only thing relatively close to F-Zero off the top of my head is Wipeout.
NEC had a game like it for GC, and there was FAST Racing League on Wii.
Haven't played the NEC game (tube slider, by any chance?), but I have played FAST racing league. And aside from it being a futuristic racer with some sort of boost mechanic*, there are no similarities.

Now I know this may sound like a lot, but it really isn't. FAST doesn't have crazy corkscrew tracks, damage control or a huge amount of opponents (about 4 or 5 racers vs 30 on F-Zero). It barely has customization in cars or any characters to speak of. And despite the name: FAST doesn't feel nearly as fast as F-Zero (well...GX, that is. The earlier F-Zero's are more "standard").
The boosting mechanic is totally different as well (and rather unique, I might add): there is simply no way you can compare the pickup items and the black/white shifting from FAST** to the plain booster from F-Zero.

All in all: either you've only compared trailers from FAST with F-Zero (and never played it), or you see a LOT of people ripping off of each other.

* which is pretty much standard in any racer nowadays
** there are these pickup orbs on the racetrack. You can use three or four of them to boost, or you can spend one to shift from black to white or vice versa. The latter is convenient (and sometimes necessary) because tracks also have black or white speed pads on them, which only boost you if you have the correct color.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't this thread be renamed to a top five list?

F-zero: That game was revolutionary, but I think they got discouraged because of all the rip-offs that came out

Name one F-Zero rip off please. The only thing relatively close to F-Zero off the top of my head is Wipeout.
NEC had a game like it for GC, and there was FAST Racing League on Wii.
Haven't played the NEC game (tube slider, by any chance?), but I have played FAST racing league. And aside from it being a futuristic racer with some sort of boost mechanic*, there are no similarities.

Now I know this may sound like a lot, but it really isn't. FAST doesn't have crazy corkscrew tracks, damage control or a huge amount of opponents (about 4 or 5 racers vs 30 on F-Zero). It barely has customization in cars or any characters to speak of. And despite the name: FAST doesn't feel nearly as fast as F-Zero (well...GX, that is. The earlier F-Zero's are more "standard").
The boosting mechanic is totally different as well (and rather unique, I might add): there is simply no way you can compare the pickup items and the black/white shifting from FAST** to the plain booster from F-Zero.

All in all: either you've only compared trailers from FAST with F-Zero (and never played it), or you see a LOT of people ripping off of each other.

* which is pretty much standard in any racer nowadays
** there are these pickup orbs on the racetrack. You can use three or four of them to boost, or you can spend one to shift from black to white or vice versa. The latter is convenient (and sometimes necessary) because tracks also have black or white speed pads on them, which only boost you if you have the correct color.
I've played it, I guess it doesn't really compare to F-Zero when you think about it more. I

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Speaking of F-Zero; I've never had a change to play the N64 and GameCube versions, but the SNES and GBA games are really the only 2D racers, aside from Road Rash (which is totally different anyway), that still stand out in modern times. Great stuff.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of F-Zero; I've never had a change to play the N64 and GameCube versions, but the SNES and GBA games are really the only 2D racers, aside from Road Rash (which is totally different anyway), that still stand out in modern times. Great stuff.

F-Zero X on the N64 is an amazing game, I would love an updated version of it on even the Wii or Wii-U. I never really liked the GC one, it just didn't "feel" right to me.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Sunshine
This game DID get a sequel... it's called Super Mario Galaxy. 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 are all in the unnamed series of "major 3D Mario platformers." Each of them all build on each other's gameplay (despite having their individual gimmicks and features, such as F.L.U.D.D and gravity-based gameplay), and all share the same basic style... A hub world, where you can jump into different levels, and complete a certain amount of missions in each of those levels, which will reward you with power stars or something similar, a certain amount of which are required to continue.

So yeah, Super Mario Sunshine not only got 2 sequels, but is a sequel itself. Saying Sunshine didn't get a sequel would be like saying Zelda: Twilight Princess didn't get a sequel. At least, that's how I see it.

WatagiKankens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Super Mario Sunshine
This game DID get a sequel... it's called Super Mario Galaxy. 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 are all in the unnamed series of "major 3D Mario platformers." Each of them all build on each other's gameplay (despite having their individual gimmicks and features, such as F.L.U.D.D and gravity-based gameplay), and all share the same basic style... A hub world, where you can jump into different levels, and complete a certain amount of missions in each of those levels, which will reward you with power stars or something similar, a certain amount of which are required to continue.

So yeah, Super Mario Sunshine not only got 2 sequels, but is a sequel itself. Saying Sunshine didn't get a sequel would be like saying Zelda: Twilight Princess didn't get a sequel. At least, that's how I see it.
Actually I meant that I wish that another mario game used the FLUDD gimmick, I feel that its kinda underrated. what I mean is I wish that they would make a FLUDD power up or something, They don't necessarily need to make another super mario sunshine. but I guess I am being a little too wishful but the whole sunshine fanbase feels the same way. and also at e3 nintendo said super mario galaxy is the successor to super mario 64, not sunshine so galaxy isn't a sequel nor a successor to sunshine.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I meant that I wish that another mario game used the FLUDD gimmick, I feel that its kinda underrated. what I mean is I wish that they would make a FLUDD power up or something, They don't necessarily need to make another super mario sunshine. but I guess I am being a little too wishful but the whole sunshine fanbase feels the same way. and also at e3 nintendo said super mario galaxy is the successor to super mario 64, not sunshine so galaxy isn't a sequel nor a successor to sunshine.
Except Sunshine is a sequel to 64. Dude, they have the same core gameplay and star-collecting elements. You even have the exact same wall jump, triple jump, back flip, reverse jump, and crouch-slide-jump (though Sunshine replaced the crouch-slide-jump with it's own belly-slide jump, which was similar). All 3 of them have a hub world which is used to access different levels, each of which have a numbered amount of missions in which you collect shiny, gold, pointy objects (stars or shine sprites). And all 3 of them only allow you to unlock more levels and get further by collecting a certain amount of said shiny, gold, pointy objects.

Also, read the first paragraph here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Sunshine

So yes, Sunshine is a successor to 64, and Galaxy is a successor to Sunshine. There's just no denying it. I'm willing to concede that Galaxy isn't a SEQUEL to Sunshine (the way Galaxy 2 was a sequel to Galaxy), but it's definitely a successor.

That said, i share your sentiments about FLUDD and it would be really cool to see him return as a powerup or something in a Mario game. I could easily see FLUDD fitting into a Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi game as a party member or equipable too.

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe nobody mentioned Flashback.

Upon looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(video_game) the wiki, it seems a sequel was in development, however bankruptcy caused it to not be completed. I feel it still bears mention, that game really was something. One of my all time favourites.

A sequel, named Fade to Black was produced by Delphine Software International in 1995 for the PC and PlayStation. A full polygonal 3D game, it resulted in more slow-paced gameplay and lack of platforming comparing with Flashback, generating mixed reviews from critics who felt that it was too different from the original concept of the series.[citation needed]. A third game in the series, Flashback Legends, was in development by both Delphine Software International and Adeline Software International for a planned released in 2003, but was cancelled when the company went bankrupt and ceased operations at the end of 2002.

The game was directed, written/designed and partially programmed by Paul Cuisset, who had previously created the adventure game Future Wars. It is listed in the Guinness World Records as the best-selling French game of all time.[1]
Flashback was initially released for the Amiga in 1992, then ported to MS-DOS, Acorn Archimedes, Sega Mega Drive/Genesisand Super Nintendo in 1993. CD-ROM versions of Flashback for the Mega-CD, 3DO, CD-i, MS-DOS, Apple Macintosh and theFM Towns were released during 1994 and 1995, together with a cartridge version for the Atari Jaguar in 1995.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all I meant to say top 5
Now before I get hate quotes, these are my opinions and plus, this is actually a list of games that are good but the companies that made them barely even talks about them or is just has bad excuses for not releasing or localizing it.
#1: Parappa the Rapper
This series hasn't had a "new" game in 10 years and all they have done is put him in PS allstars which doesn't count at all
#2: Earthbound/MOTHER
This game could have at least had a remake, oh yeah! it did. BUT THOSE LITTLE ICE SUCKERS DIDN'T GIVE IT TO AMERICA NOR EUROPE. also the canceled earthbound 64 but made it into a gba game but NOA was too lazy to localize it
3# Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin is about to get a sequel, Luigi's Mansion is. oh! whatever could be missing? oh yeah, SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE! they could have at least made a remake, it would sell like hotcakes and using a pointer would make the game way more easy to play.
#4:Puyo Pop
Its like sega doesn't want us to play puyo pop anymore because they haven't translated any of the old games and put them on virtual console (or something) and they have made anniversary editions and puyo pop 7 but hasn't localized them yet.
#5: Retro Game Challenge
We didn't get the game just because of its sales. So they're saying if they don't get it right on the first try they won't try again

A lot of developers are like that. Sales are a huge point in getting a game localized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!