Homebrew Top NDS Homebrew Developers

xylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the years these coders made the unimaginable happen on DS. Thanks to there work I stuck to my DS and resisted the PSPs great feature full interface.. Whats more I got my friends to go with the DS and a flashcard instead of falling into Sony's smart but greedy hands. Not that Nintendo isn't greedy sometimes lol. So to not further elongate this randomness here are some of my favorite authors and examples of their works....

Tobias Weyand(0xtob)- NitroTracker, Pocket Physics, DSWiki, DSMidi Wifi

Dragonminded- DSOrganize

Infantile Paralyzer- Moonshell, Morning Timer DS, Image Viewer DS, Reinmoon, others...

Chism- DLDI, NitroHax, TunaVids

Pepsiman/Amadeus- These guys have been working on DSLinux like... forever!

Jens Anderson- Colors! *this app has definitely evolved a lot*

Stravingo- A French Coder, Author of: Treasures of Gaia, DSWeather Report, Miniville DS Manager, other favorites...

Lick- Veteran Developer coder of many early DS projects and libraries + some homebrew: DSIPOD, DSLiveWeather, DSLiveFTP

Teendev- A group of incredibly talented developers whose works include: DSDiag and Bootlib

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say Lordus for coding the amazing JenesisDS (and I hope he's still around since he hasn't posted for months).

And Ritz for his incredible 3D engine for the DS, Fandian (formerly Sonic). These developers who use the DS' 3D capabilities really make official devs look bad!

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragonminded doesn't deserve to be up there.DSOrganize really isn't that good, and it freezes a alot, and overall is overrated.

Menudo will soon replace it.

Also I have been working on coding a pda like app on the DS for a while now.Releasing it sometime in March.I don't do Betas and Demos.
I got my Idea from DSOrganize, but I would like to say my app will blast it away.Same features that DSO included plus alot more.

xylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
Dragonminded doesn't deserve to be up there.DSOrganize really isn't that good, and it freezes a alot, and overall is overrated.

Menudo will soon replace it.

Also I have been working on coding a pda like app on the DS for a while now.Releasing it sometime in March.I don't do Betas and Demos.
I got my Idea from DSOrganize, but I would like to say my app will blast it away.Same features that DSO included plus alot more.

Cool cool... Although it better have Copy Paste Delete and those kinds of commands if it is to truly be better than DSO. Why overrated? I mean this app actually saves me a bunch of time from my pc and some of its integrated features are pretty cool! To bad the author got fed up with people constantly asking him ridiculous requests like adding gba rom and mp4 support. Really noobz...

As for Menudo fans I was referring to developers who've released homebrew that I think affected my DS Scene experience.. we'll see just how bad ass menudo really turns out to be..

And Yasu... well I never really messed with his r4 and DSTT stuff because well I don't own or care for those carts.. lol

Then there's teendev.. hm.. sorry for not adding them as they've actually released a ton of good things on DS!

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You forgot Yasu and Rudolph.

HOW COULD YOU FORGET YASU AND RUDOLPH? WTF?
cry.gif

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AKAIO Team for akaio.
Sumiguchi for VGH, and a big number of great hbs.
Mollusk, Scognito, and many more for palib. (I could flamed for this but wtheck)
Wintermute, and all who worked for libnds/devkit.
Smealum, legion / legion online.
And alot more...
smile.gif

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xylos said:
As for Menudo fans I was referring to developers who've released homebrew that I think affected my DS Scene experience.. we'll see just how bad ass menudo really turns out to be..
Then shouldn't this be called "My Top NDS Homebrew Developers"? If it was really "Top NDS Homebrew Developers" then most of the people that have been posted in this thread, such as Yasu, Rudolph, would definately be up there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH