Toys R Us to close all locations in USA and UK

IMG_7154.JPG

After closing around 200 retail locations earlier this year, in hopes to salvage enough time to find a buyer willing to pay off its debts, it seems that wasn't enough, as the toy store behemoth Toys 'R Us will be calling it quits. Failing to adapt to the ways of its modern day online competitors, as well as charging higher prices, the beloved chain could not compete. Toys 'R Us CEO David Brandon has officially filed for liquidation, leading to all remaining 800 stores in the United States and United Kingdom closing, and putting 35,000 workers out of a job. It's not known exactly when the stores will begin closing their doors, but this will affect all countries except Canada and Asia, where oddly enough, the stores actually still manage to flourish.

:arrow: Source

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might mean we'll see a bunch of demo N3DS units now. I'm in Canada and I don't think the Toys R Us stores here are closing. The ones where I live sold thigs for about the same price as other stores. But I usually only got Nintendo games there which don't drop in value much.

I've seen their card game stuff and Pokémon stuff (as well as a lot of games) cost the same as it does at Walmart, so I guess it depends on where you live. If I were looking to purchase something like Pokémon merchandise I'd much rather go to Toys R Us because I absolutely hate Walmart.
are you sure cause i've been to toys r us in florida texas and california absolutely no other store sells single booster packs for $5
pokemon card prices typically go online<walmart<target<gamestop<toysrus
gamestop rarely has sales so good cards are cheaper there than wholesale but i've never seen anything even on sale where the cheapest place to get it would be msrp

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a lot of cool things from toys r us over the years from bikes and trains and video games...LOL

but i really got most of my amiibos there, they were constantly b1g1 40% off or sometimes just price slashed. i snagged quite a few things over the years that were at a great price.

their everyday prices were crazy though. you had to catch clearance or a sale.

MintyMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welp, the memories lasted I only went in one store but it was massive lots of toys and things. Tbh it was quite empty when I went there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P