Transfer Wii Games Saves from Online to Wii U (Wii injects)

mja7011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to take Wii Game save file from online (Gamefaqs) to import those saves into my Wii U (CFW Tiramisu) in which all my Wii games have been injected into the System already?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it possible to take Wii Game save file from online (Gamefaqs) to import those saves into my Wii U (CFW Tiramisu) in which all my Wii games have been injected into the System already?
On a Wii you would copy them to your SD and transfer them to the internal memory from Wii Data Management. I think it should work the same way on Wii U, the other parts of Wii Settings have been removed but Data Management is still there. You can also use Savegame Manager GX, which is a homebrew.

mja7011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a Wii you would copy them to your SD and transfer them to the internal memory from Wii Data Management. I think it should work the same way on Wii U, the other parts of Wii Settings have been removed but Data Management is still there. You can also use Savegame Manager GX, which is a homebrew.
Where on my sd card should the game saves from Gamefaqs go?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Where on my sd card should the game saves from Gamefaqs go?
IIRC, the SD card structure for Wii SD data looks like SD:\private\wii\...
If the save contains a "private" folder you can simply drop that on the SD card root.

Edit: More specifically, it looks like this:
SD:\private\wii\title\xxxx\data.bin
xxxx is the 4 letter game ID of the game.
The file is not guaranteed to be called data.bin but in most cases it is.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

mja7011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, the SD card structure for Wii SD data looks like SD:\private\wii\...
If the save contains a "private" folder you can simply drop that on the SD card root.

Edit: More specifically, it looks like this:
SD:\private\wii\title\xxxx\data.bin
xxxx is the 4 letter game ID of the game.
The file is not guaranteed to be called data.bin but in most cases it is.
Worked beautifully, thank you!

Now, do you know how to do this with N64 and SNES games injected in Wii U?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Worked beautifully, thank you!

Now, do you know how to do this with N64 and SNES games injected in Wii U?
Not really, but you can extract the save data and have a look yourself.
Use either Saviine https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-saviine-wiiu-savedata-tool.399833/
Or ftpiiu_everywhere https://cemu.cfw.guide/ftp/transferring-save-data (if you use Haxchi/CBHC, no need for Mocha CFW, if you use Tiramisu you are already running Mocha CFW)
In the extracted save data you should be able to find the emulator save, if you're lucky it's in a raw format so you can replace the file with any save file from an emulator and import the save data to the console again. But it may not be a simple raw save so it may be more complicated.

I'm assuming you're not using Loadiine for the injects. One purpose Loadiine still has is VC injects as it's so much simpler to copy+paste a folder and add the ROM and you're done. Loadiine stores save data on the SD card so all the extra steps wouldn't be needed.

Homebrew emulators would make it much simpler to accomplish what you are asking, but there isn't a really good N64 emulator on the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH