ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Think that I will Wait for Both American Release of Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 since I will buy both and I kinda Don´t Understand Japanese since I am an English Speaking Brazilian People and Time Sure Flys Fast,it will be the End of the Year Before we know it

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I am looking into some of the bugs now, I will post if I finish. I am gonna try to fix the "caught [POKEMON NAME]" bug first.

EDIT: I found the "caught [POKEMON NAME]" bug, and fixed it. Whoever coded that part did it very wrong. I actually already fixed this bug before, it just hasn't been reviewed by Kyohack yet, so it isn't in the releases.... Hopefully he will commit some of the work today so we get a fixed release :), onto the next bug!

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking into some of the bugs now, I will post if I finish. I am gonna try to fix the "caught [POKEMON NAME]" bug first.

EDIT: I found the "caught [POKEMON NAME]" bug, and fixed it. Whoever coded that part did it very wrong. I actually already fixed this bug before, it just hasn't been reviewed by the Kyohack yet, so it isn't in the releases.... Hopefully he will commit some of the work today so we get a fixed release :), onto the next bug!

Great to hear this is the reason i started the bug list :)

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished Shauntal's opening comments. (and partly her ending comments)

black24830210.png

It's more accurately translated than when I showed Marshal's. (note : the text was only part of what she says, there was more before) When translating Marshal's opening comments I was doing more of a "Hello World" but I've taken some more time to do a better translation.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
It will be easier for me to locate these bugs if you give me a context. For example, I can do a mass search for text like "nickname" in the files, and find where the problem was. So if anyone wants to help me out with that, it would make my job a lot easier lol.

So how about the next bug? When capturing a pokemon? Do you mean:
"Gotcha! XXXXXX was caught!" ? Or is it something else?

@digipokemaster: Anyone can do translations so at the moment everything is random. We are doing what we believe is most important first. So there is no actual way to determine how far it has been translated, other than a percentage. (I am not trying to speak for everyone else on the team, just giving a context on how things are done.)

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be easier for me to locate these bugs if you give me a context. For example, I can do a mass search for text like "nickname" in the files, and find where the problem was. So if anyone wants to help me out with that, it would make my job a lot easier lol.

So how about the next bug? When capturing a pokemon? Do you mean:
"Gotcha! XXXXXX was caught!" ? Or is it something else?

@[member='digipokemaster']: Anyone can do translations so at the moment everything is random. We are doing what we believe is most important first. So there is no actual way to determine how far it has been translated, other than a percentage. (I am not trying to speak for everyone else on the team, just giving a context on how things are done.)

on the exact details i don't know myself i don't have access to my DS to test quite yet im just going by user reports (till i can get access to my own DS then ill be able to provide more detail on the bugs) , a couple users supplied images i have them in my post here

http://pokestation.n...ll=1#post263664

deneric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um how far is the translation of character speech in the game like where does it end in the game?
From the sound of it, the translated text isn't in any specific order. Which makes sense when you think about it. It'd take more work than necessary to coordinate all of the translators so that there were no gaps or overlapping. This way, given how text-heavy these games tend to be, it's unlikely that anyone is going to be translating the same part, at least until the next patch beat version comes out.

EDIT: Oop, vinnymac beat me to it with an even better explanation ;P

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reposting list as i added a bug

Known Bugs:

Red = Unconfirmed by Multiple sources
Blue = Confirmed by Multiple (3 or more) sources
Green = Fixed

Item Name and amount not showing in battle -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
Gym Leader description Being those of B&W -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
Battle Scene and Battle Style Description Switched -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
When you access the GTS you can choose the options but they are all messed up -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
When capturing a Pokemon. The text is a bit messed up such as Pikachucaught - Version 1.4
After a Pokémon's capture, the Nickname text says: "Give a nickname to the [POKEMON NAME]caught ?" It should say: "Give a nickname to the caught [POKEMON NAME] ?" -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
Minor typo on the ability Damp, it says Dampa -Version 1.4

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 1 theory that explains on why this translation is blazing fast.

There is only 1 translation and everyone who wants to translate can just hop in and when he/she is done hop out =3.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Character dialogue: 20%
huh already ? At least I saw on youtube let's play's that the "Pikachu used thunder ! " and all in battles are translated now. Good thing.

I wonder how much dialogues besides the intro has been translated. I remember the first black and white translation has no story whatsoever translated

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually liked ScottNorton's work. It's a shame he isn't teaming up with PS. I feel like the PS one has too many problems and its really disheartening to see random tidbits here and there translated in a speech dialogue in game. I'd rather they slow down with releases, test it privately among the translation team, and then release a tested product. I'd rather not get a patch, and get a glitchy item translation or a mismatch going around.

I'm aware how hard it is to translate something, I've been there myself. It's not fun. At all. What I want to say is I'd rather not get daily untested patches. I'd honestly prefer that they wait a few days, test it, and then release it. All in all though, you've made extraordinary progress and I have to hand it to you guys.

Reactions: 2 people

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
When are u guys going to start translating things without replacing stuff from b&w 1?And the logo?Is that going to be changed?

We already have started to. It is completely random what we decide to do :P. If you really want it to get done, pick up a dictionary and get at it! Everyone can help. I barely know any japanese, but Bulbapedia has made this VERY easy for me to do. I am one of the top contributors at this point... Plus it is fun to help the community :)

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me Vinny, I'm applauding you for getting this far. I can't imagine the stresses involved considering it's a Pokemon release. I did a bit of side work (years ago) on a smaller game and it got really nerve-wracking. I don't know how the GitHub system works, whether it spits out a patch at a specific time automatically or not, but sometimes you're not going to please the entire crowd out there. Fitting a translated phrase just right into the text box... oh God that was terrible way back when I did this. :( Just keep in mind that people expect a LOT from this, and if it means waiting a day or two to get a SOLID and working patch out, you should consider that alternative as well! ;) Trust me, I speak for probably many others when I say this, but I'm sure we'd rather see a LOT of progress that works, rather than small and buggy releases. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: