Gaming Tricks in mario kart wii??

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,332
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted User

OP
So I just checked out Mario Kart Wii with a few of the control schemes. I tried the Wiimote on it's side, sans the wheel, and I was not impressed, although the tricks are cool. I seem to prefer using the classic controller, and although I haven't tried yet, a cube cont. I prefer the precision they offer for drifting and such. But I can't seem to figure out how to perform tricks while in the air with the classic! Has anyone figured it out? I tried pressing just about every button on the damn thing and nothing happens. I looked about on google a little, and sites are saying that the cube and CC are gimped in some way, but nothing concrete. Is it possible that you cannot do tricks with these conts?

D

Deleted User

OP
i tried the dpad and it didn't do anything as far as tricks. Up on the pad does pop a wheelie on bikes tho i found.

A

armand66

OP
I've been using the gamecube pad only (agree with you, tilt control in the game sucks) and do all the tricks with the d-pad.

D

Deleted User

OP
really? i guess i'll try the cube cont, but i assume that and the classic are almost identical. what did you do, just push the dpad buttons while in the air and you start doing tricks?

D

Deleted User

OP
berlinka said:
armand66 said:
(agree with you, tilt control in the game sucks)

No it doesn't. I love it.

to each his own, but question, have you played much mario kart before or is this your first time really playing one of them. i find the motion contols to be way to touchy to accurately drift around corners while tweaking your direction.

Tortas2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
to each his own, but question, have you played much mario kart before or is this your first time really playing one of them. i find the motion contols to be way to touchy to accurately drift around corners while tweaking your direction.

This is my opinion too.

The wiimote tilt can be fun for a while,but for serious racing gimmie my classic or GC

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RomanHelmet said:
berlinka said:
armand66 said:
(agree with you, tilt control in the game sucks)

No it doesn't. I love it.

I've played every mario kart, and I love the motion controls. I also played a lot of excite truck and got used to the tilt steering. It did take awhile to get good with the tilt steering. Now with MKWii, I can control my drifts better with tilt steering than without.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...