Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
freset.jpg

Still debating this... Does it go in next version?

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@mattytrog:
What does "Battery info code added back. Sorry about that!" in v1.10 changelog mean?
Battery info in hekate or have you finally found a way to charge the switch when its powered off and show the "battery osd?"

thx
pOpY

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog:
What does "Battery info code added back. Sorry about that!" in v1.10 changelog mean?
Battery info in hekate or have you finally found a way to charge the switch when its powered off and show the "battery osd?"

thx
pOpY
No. I took out the battery info code due to space restrictions. However now, I have made space for it.

Reactions: FunThomas and popy

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog have you thought about a pull request rather than a separate loader?
I'm not brave enough!

What I've done is probably the complete opposite direction to hekate. Or heading that way.

Nah... I'll let the big boys do their thing. I like being small and secret lol. If people find this and they use it and like it, fair play. If they don't, then they don't. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself!

That's why I wanted to keep it separate. I didn't want to infect the big boys project with my shit!

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, how's it going? I saw that you marked the X86RCM dongle as "in testing", do you have anyone that has flashed it successfully, or just nobody who has one has popped up to try it? I'm asking because I dug mine out last night and decided to see what was going on with your project and came across this new thread/software. It was like 4am and I was on the low-end of brain fuel, and was not successful. That may be just because I was doing something wrong though, I haven't had time to play with any Arduino stuff in a few months and am in no way an expert.

So my question is just, are you aware of anyone who has successfully flashed and used this on the X86RCM dongle? Thanks.

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hey, how's it going? I saw that you marked the X86RCM dongle as "in testing", do you have anyone that has flashed it successfully, or just nobody who has one has popped up to try it? I'm asking because I dug mine out last night and decided to see what was going on with your project and came across this new thread/software. It was like 4am and I was on the low-end of brain fuel, and was not successful. That may be just because I was doing something wrong though, I haven't had time to play with any Arduino stuff in a few months and am in no way an expert.

So my question is just, are you aware of anyone who has successfully flashed and used this on the X86RCM dongle? Thanks.

I don't have one, but it's just a atsamd21 based chip - you just need to connect Voltage + Ground and D+ D-. You could wire that straight to a usb cable if you don't already have it installed, just connect the reset pin 2 ground twice within 2 seconds and you'll boot into 'trinket mode', at this point it will show up as a com port and you can flash it with Arduino if you have the correct files on your computer.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have one, but it's just a atsamd21 based chip - you just need to connect Voltage + Ground and D+ D-. You could wire that straight to a usb cable if you don't already have it installed, just connect the reset pin 2 ground twice within 2 seconds and you'll boot into 'trinket mode', at this point it will show up as a com port and you can flash it with Arduino if you have the correct files on your computer.
Thanks. As I posted, it is a dongle not a bare board. In OP board is marked as "in testing" (I believe possibly due to the buttons pins being different, IIRC). I appreciate the reply though.
rcmx86.png

7DbDPGj

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. As I posted, it is a dongle not a bare board. In OP board is marked as "in testing" (I believe possibly due to the buttons pins being different, IIRC). I appreciate the reply though.
View attachment 162511
7DbDPGj
I've had no feedback one way or the other. I cant get hold those dongles either

Reactions: peteruk

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
@DayVeeBoi

It it's a dongle. V+, GND, D+ and D- are already connected - I'm not sure if your dongle has a reset pin fitted - but if you look at the type of chip on the dongle - it should say Atsamd21 on top of it - if so you just need to look at the pinouts and see if the reset pin is connected.

Easy way is to just plug the dongle into your pc and if a reset button is fitted - press twice within a second/2 seconds and it should show up as a drive.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right...

Squoze a couple more bits in...

If you have a hex editor, do a search for SXOSSXOS etc... Copy/paste your licence.dat over this... Will fit exactly. Then you can rebuild your licence.dat when you put an SD card in.

Now you can set up a payload to autoboot (it is added to hekate_ipl.ini)

Someone give it a test and let me know how broken it is (when testing autoboot, if you have "payload.bin" or "payload1.bin" there, it will override hekate / switchboot - so rename it while you test.

Thanks!

Not yet ready 100& but it needs a test. Haven`t got a console here to test with :(

EDIT: Deleted link. I missed code out.

Last edited by mattytrog,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PM`d you Pete

To everybody else...

If you want to try THIS file I`ve linked... Launch with TegraRCMsmash

You can add payloads directly to hekate_ipl.ini now. Look in "options" you will see 2 new options.

Select your desired payload... Then you can go to "configurations" and launch it, or set up autoboot or whatever...

This feature was badly needed in my opinion. Give it a try.

Add as many payloads as you like...

They will be added to hekate_ipl.ini.

Think that feature will go in 1.2 :)

Attachments

• switchboot_test2.zip
    78.4 KB · Views: 108

Sparacis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I am dumb(most likely I am) but since flashing v1.10 I am forced to select CFW 2 times now when launching. First selection tells me it found pkage1(xxxxxxxxxx) Sept needs to run please re-select this option on reboot. Reselect CFW when it reboots and atmosphere launches. However if I use hekate directly as a payload.bin I can launch CFW first time no issues. Any idea what might be causing that or is it by design in v1.1?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I am dumb(most likely I am) but since flashing v1.10 I am forced to select CFW 2 times now when launching. First selection tells me it found pkage1(xxxxxxxxxx) Sept needs to run please re-select this option on reboot. Reselect CFW when it reboots and atmosphere launches. However if I use hekate directly as a payload.bin I can launch CFW first time no issues. Any idea what might be causing that or is it by design in v1.1?

Sept needs to run to get the keys. What happens when you launch normal Hekate?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

V110 has a bug. A big bug. I omitted the autoboot routine. So if you set autoboot, it will be selected in your ini, but it won`t work.

I know. Just found it.

I never use the option you see.

Fix coming this evening.

V1.10 has a bug. Autoboot doesn`t work. It isn`t something you have done... It is my fault.

V1.20 has the bug fixed and is fully tested. As well as some other new features.

Really really sorry!!!

MiePx3

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick question after a few months break. I used to install a rebug with the 4 wire method and the simple loader program, so all I had to do was drop my payload in the "0" folder and I was done.
Now I cant find any mentions of this "0" folder anymore. Is there a solution where it isnt needed anymore? I like to keep my root sd card folder as clean as possible, so if there is a way to update and autoboot a payload inside the bootloader or argon folder, which steps or files do I need to take?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question after a few months break. I used to install a rebug with the 4 wire method and the simple loader program, so all I had to do was drop my payload in the "0" folder and I was done.
Now I cant find any mentions of this "0" folder anymore. Is there a solution where it isnt needed anymore? I like to keep my root sd card folder as clean as possible, so if there is a way to update and autoboot a payload inside the bootloader or argon folder, which steps or files do I need to take?
Yeah its obsolete nnow mate. Its still on my git somewhere if you insist on it :)

Reactions: MiePx3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk