Trouble installing Last of Us Part ll Debug mode

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install debug mode in last of us onto my 9.0.0 PS4. I copied the most recent update pkg file from the game to my computer via FTP. I then tried to extract the package in PS4 Patch Builder but it gives me this error code. I'm not sure how or where to find the password and I can't seem to find any information on it. I really don't even know if I'm doing any of this right. I'm following a year old tutorial but it's the most recent thing I can find for what I'm trying to do.

If anyone has any experience with this please do help me out. Thanks!!

Capture.PNG

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install debug mode in last of us onto my 9.0.0 PS4. I copied the most recent update pkg file from the game to my computer via FTP. I then tried to extract the package in PS4 Patch Builder but it gives me this error code. I'm not sure how or where to find the password and I can't seem to find any information on it. I really don't even know if I'm doing any of this right. I'm following a year old tutorial but it's the most recent thing I can find for what I'm trying to do.

If anyone has any experience with this please do help me out. Thanks!!

View attachment 355178
Nothing you can do. If you downloaded it from repack or fugazi, the douchebag doesn't use the same passcode just to protect his content. Fucker should be kicked out of the scene for trying to control it.
Post automatically merged:

I just thought of this to get around that bs, redump the game or patch bypassing the passcode.

Last edited by godreborn,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Nothing you can do. If you downloaded it from repack or fugazi, the douchebag doesn't use the same passcode just to protect his content. Fucker should be kicked out of the scene for trying to control it.
Post automatically merged:

I just thought of this to get around that bs, redump the game or patch bypassing the passcode.
Maybe he got a legit update file from orbis (sony servers), if the update is installed on the ps4, just dump it as you said above, then repack on a computer.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he got a legit update file from orbis (sony servers), if the update is installed on the ps4, just dump it as you said above, then repack on a computer.
Maybe so, but it doesn't lesson what he's been doing for two generations, total control.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maybe so, but it doesn't lesson what he's been doing for two generations, total control.
I'm not sure TBH as I can say I've tried to repack one of his releases, I have quite a few times needed to repack an update though to match a base game which is not a big deal with the tools that are available. If I ever come across one that's been packed with the key modded instead of all 0's, I'll dump as you described. But I agree, if what he's doing as you say is true (which it may well be), it's kind of pointless as it can just be dumped and repacked anyway, which seems like a waste of time more than anything. I am just happy to get the games though, no matter where they come from, but it would be good if everyone followed the same protocols as it would make it easier for people, especially in 10 years time when you want to repack and your computer has been renewed, you lost all your tools and old internet websites no longer have the tools or info you need.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure TBH as I can say I've tried to repack one of his releases, I have quite a few times needed to repack an update though to match a base game which is not a big deal with the tools that are available. If I ever come across one that's been packed with the key modded instead of all 0's, I'll dump as you described. But I agree, if what he's doing as you say is true (which it may well be), it's kind of pointless as it can just be dumped and repacked anyway, which seems like a waste of time more than anything. I am just happy to get the games though, no matter where they come from, but it would be good if everyone followed the same protocols as it would make it easier for people, especially in 10 years time when you want to repack and your computer has been renewed, you lost all your tools and old internet websites no longer have the tools or info you need.
Well, he and a few others are the reason I'm not involved with the switch and ps5 scenes. I figured they were in the ps3 scene, ps4, why would the ps5 scene be any different? Those sorts of people rely on the fact that the vast majority don't know anything, then they take advantage of it. I've done all I can to prove this, and no one believes me. I mean when have I ever deliberately steered the scenes wrong or withheld information. Just because someone doesn't know how something is done doesn't mean it's hacking. I can still compile some stuff for the ps5 or switch, since I have that knowledge, but as far as having any experience or knowledge of how to exploit the console, I don't have, and I probably never will.

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well, he and a few others are the reason I'm not involved with the switch and ps5 scenes. I figured they were in the ps3 scene, ps4, why would the ps5 scene be any different? Those sorts of people rely on the fact that the vast majority don't know anything, then they take advantage of it. I've done all I can to prove this, and no one believes me. I mean when have I ever deliberately steered the scenes wrong or withheld information. Just because someone doesn't know how something is done doesn't mean it's hacking. I can still compile some stuff for the ps5 or switch, since I have that knowledge, but as far as having any experience or knowledge of how to exploit the console, I don't have, and I probably never will.
If you want to learn to hack properly you need to learn assembly code, encryption, hardware hacking, programming in different languages, etc, It's a lot of information to take it and takes years to learn properly. It's only for the true enthusiasts, otherwise you and I just need to rely on others for our warez. I've no idea how games over 9.0 CFW on the PS4 are dumped, you need a PS4 on higher FW or some sort of spoof to fool Sony servers, then you need to decrypt those with a key - buggered if I know how they get that if on FW9.0 +, then decompile the game or edit the PS4 memory as the game is playing - so it's all a bit difficult. I can see why some people that spent years learning this stuff want to protect their releases as they often pop up on other pay say sites with all the credits ripped and with no mention of the source where they came from. I used to hack a lot of Android Apps such as Spotify/Deezer etc, but the apps would be decompiled then someone else would just start using the exact same mods, then re-release with my hacks, that drove me away from hacking that stuff, same thing with Sygic SatNav, I now only hack the Truck and Caravan version because nobody else has managed to do it, probably because the mods are in a lib.so file and I packed it with non-public android lib packer, to make it hard to copy.
I can see your point, but I can also see the point of the releaser of the games that use different keys. As long as I can play the games though that's the main thing for me.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my main frustration is that it takes away from the actual devs and hackers, who spend thousands of hours to make things piss easy.

Reactions: mrdude

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's not pirated. This is an official copy I own. I simply FTP'd the file from the console to my computer. I'm not sure if I should be doing something differently.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's not pirated. This is an official copy I own. I simply FTP's the file from the console to my computer. I'm not sure if I should be doing something differently.
dump the game or patch or both normally, decrypting everything. even if you had the passcode, the content would still have encrypted files, so it's moot.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dump the game or patch or both normally, decrypting everything. even if you had the passcode, the content would still have encrypted files, so it's moot.
I really don't know anything about this? Never done any PS4 modding before other than just getting custom firmware running. What are the steps involved with dumping and decrpying? I should mention that I only own the game digitally. But I'm thinking of picking it up physically just to have and maybe make things easier.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KiiWii has a guide, I believe in the aio thread. it doesn't matter if you have digital or a disc, the process is the same. you also can't have both installed at the same time, so it doesn't matter in that regard either.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto