tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tested adb with my phone and it's working.

I could set the usb to "virtual CD drive (read only)" and it had a single adb.rar file on it.
surprisingly, that version didn't work ! it detected my phone, but as "offline".
I downloaded the latest version from android website, and it can now connect.

I tried "backup -all -system" command, and it worked. I deleted pictures and tried again, the backup is the same size. not sure what is included in the backup. at least, not the user's data.
are there tools to browse a backup file?
I don't know the folder structure or how to browse the phone's internal file system with adb.
I guess you'll have to tell me the commands you want me to run, I don't know what I'm doing without help. I'm a newbie with android.
can you try adb reboot bootloader

D

Deleted User

Any plans to get any of the galaxy s8's added?

The root procedure for them are a bit complex iirc unless something changed recently

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can you try adb reboot bootloader
Sorry for the late reply, I always did it on my parent's computer and not mine so I could test only once a week.
I took their laptop with me, so I could test faster.

I tried adb reboot bootloader, and it reboots the phone with "fast reboot mode" displayed on the phone, and then nothing happen. Adb can't reconnect because usb communication is lost.
Maybe it's waiting for adb to send a bootloader from the computer? but with the lost connection I'm not sure what it's waiting for.

I will answer you faster this week if you tell me what else you need me to try :)

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, fastboot mode is a different mode from ADB, so you also need fastboot drivers.

Depending from your smartphone, they are most likely available on the internet and most likely at XDA.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, it tried installing it automatically on windows when it detected the fastboot mode, but got stuck on "please wait, installing...."
maybe I can install it manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...