Status
Not open for further replies.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to boot my N3ds directly into GW emunand when i turn it on? and not have it break ability to use custom themes? how?
i still use CN to boot GW menu ,never even figured how to make mest "stick" so im still using CN on my N3ds

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
is there a way to boot my N3ds directly into GW emunand when i turn it on? and not have it break ability to use custom themes? how?
i still use CN to boot GW menu ,never even figured how to make mest "stick" so im still using CN on my N3ds
I hear menuhax has a custom theme option, if you can get that to work replace the boot.3dsx or edit the payload and use the Gateway as "boot.3dsx" than it should autoboot.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have N3DS with RXTools installed. RX 9.2. Is there any benefit of me using gateway menu when i use CIA's? If it will do something magical like play DS games then i'd be all over it.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to get my N3ds to autoboot to GW menu but it does not work could it be because i am on 9.0 and not 9.2 what are we suppoed to do then if it does not work with 9.0? we have to wait for GW to make a new release? or for menuhax to make a new release or both?

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
i tried to get my N3ds to autoboot to GW menu but it does not work could it be because i am on 9.0 and not 9.2 what are we suppoed to do then if it does not work with 9.0? we have to wait for GW to make a new release? or for menuhax to make a new release or both?
Gateway works with 9.0 make sure you have launcher.dat on your root.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway works with 9.0 make sure you have launcher.dat on your root.
yes thanks i got it to work

step 1
put homebrew starter kit and latest GW launcher.dat on SD (assuming GW user and already have GW emunand setup) put menuhax2.1 menuhax_manager folder on root of SD

step 2
run browserhax in sysnand

step 3

run menuhax setup from HBL in sysnand

step 4
put sd back in PC
step 5
download and extract the GW GW.3dsx and GW.smdh
step 6
rename GW.3dsx and GW.smdh to boot.3dsx and boot.3dsx and copy to root of SD card

step 7
put sd back in 3ds, hold L and turn on console, make sure default theme is selected in sysnand

worked , but i somehow caught an update nag in enunand

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
yes thanks i got it to work

step 1
put homebrew starter kit and latest GW launcher.dat on SD (assuming GW user and already have GW emunand setup) put menuhax2.1 menuhax_manager folder on root of SD

step 2
run browserhax in sysnand

step 3

run menuhax setup from HBL in sysnand

step 4
put sd back in PC
step 5
download and extract the GW GW.3dsx and GW.smdh
step 6
rename GW.3dsx and GW.smdh to boot.3dsx and boot.3dsx and copy to root of SD card

step 7
put sd back in 3ds, hold L and turn on console, make sure default theme is selected in sysnand

worked , but i somehow caught an update nag in enunand
GG :)

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The original post should be updated to reflect that this is Gateway Menu only. I see some responses are talking about Gateway Mode. This will get you into Gateway Menu without needing any Gateway cards. You can already do this using a DS cart (on applicable firmwares) and using the web browser on other firmwares. This is just a third way of getting into the Gateway Menu. It's actually a very good way of getting in. Just have to be clear that if you want to boot into your emunand, you'll need another means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!