• No it didn't :(

• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, i will try this later on today, still have to completely erase my old 3ds juuuust in case that one is giving me the pain in the arse, when you say the old HANS eshop spoofer, you mean the old eshop version thats included with hbl starter kit?
He means the one I uploaded in a post a few pages back. The most recent version of HANS is broken and will not let you download updates or vc games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had a bunch of CIA, which I installed the games.

Afterwords, even after restoring the emuNAND, every game was gone.
Installed cias should only disappear if you go into data management if you have your nands linked. (i.e. both emunand and sysnand both write to the same folder on the SD card.

If they are not linked the only things that should disappear are dlc (themes are considered dlc)

Woops, didnt see you meant because of formatting.

Yeah a system format (or formatting emunand via emunand9 or the gw menu) will wipe any installed cia or eshop content.

In the case of emunand9 or the gw menu, it is actually formatting the entire sd card, deleting and recreating the emunand partition and copying the contents of the NAND chip over to the new partition again.

Last edited by Aroth,

mexspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only 100% sure ways I know of to transfer a NNID are to do a system transfer (not an option for you because you will lose your saves) or to call nintendo and have them manually unlink the NNID from its current system. You can just tell them you sold it or lost it or w/e and cannot access it to do the transfer normally.

007-2404 error is why you have to use HANS to access the eshop.

when i got my new 3ds i transfered everything from my old 3ds to the new one, all my saves and games are in the new 3ds emunand, what ticks me off is that since the n3ds emunand has the nnid also does my o3ds but this one does not have anything just the nnid if im correct, so shouldnt it get unlinked if i format my old 3ds both sysnand and emunand? if im correct i never unlinked them

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i got my new 3ds i transfered everything from my old 3ds to the new one, all my saves and games are in the new 3ds emunand, what ticks me off is that since the n3ds emunand has the nnid also does my o3ds but this one does not have anything just the nnid if im correct, so shouldnt it get unlinked if i format my old 3ds both sysnand and emunand? if im correct i never unlinked them
If you did a system transfer then the NNID is on the N3DS and the O3DS should have been formated and unlinked.

edit:

the very process of a system transfer includes transferring the NNID, formatting the source console after the transfer and removing the NNID link from it as well

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He means the one I uploaded in a post a few pages back. The most recent version of HANS is broken and will not let you download updates or vc games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Installed cias should only disappear if you go into data management if you have your nands linked. (i.e. both emunand and sysnand both write to the same folder on the SD card.

If they are not linked the only things that should disappear are dlc (themes are considered dlc)
Fawk, I did something wrong them.
Where does your games install to in your SD Card?
I have a feeling I have less memory on my SD card so they are hidden somewhere.

Edit: Now I know what I did wrong: I replaced the files within EmuNand folder to the new EmuNand Folder.
This ended up making 3rd fold file, with my original EmuNand that I backed up with.
Advice when Back up and Restoring:
Back up the entire Nintendo 3DS folder.
After the whole EmuNand System format
SD card: Delete the New Nintendo 3DS Folder, and replace that with your back up.
Or you can just delete new EmuNand folder and replace it with the backed up EmuNand folder.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

mexspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you did a system transfer then the NNID is on the N3DS and the O3DS should have been formated and unlinked.

edit:

the very process of a system transfer includes transferring the NNID, formatting the sou

edit:

the very process of a system transfer includes transferring the NNID, formatting the source console after the transfer and removing the NNID link from it as well
yeah i know it does but i did the not so smart thing to add the nnid since i was using gateway at that time in my old 3ds, i did the system transfer to keep my purchases on the new 3ds, cause eshop used to work on 10.1 on my n3ds and on my o3ds gateway to update the games i played online, maybe thats why now the nnid on n3ds emunand is giving me the stupid error code 022-2634 will have to try completely erasing the old one to unlink it from that console and try the format emunand, link nnid on n3ds and restore my emunand backup thing to see if that fixes it

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know it does but i did the not so smart thing to add the nnid since i was using gateway at that time in my old 3ds, i did the system transfer to keep my purchases on the new 3ds, cause eshop used to work on 10.1 on my n3ds and on my o3ds gateway to update the games i played online, maybe thats why now the nnid on n3ds emunand is giving me the stupid error code 022-2634 will have to try completely erasing the old one to unlink it from that console and try the format emunand, link nnid on n3ds and restore my emunand backup thing to see if that fixes it

Formatting emunand will erase all installed games and their saves. I strongly suggest you just call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the old system and want to link the NNID to your new one.

Reo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could be the issue with my N3DS that doesn't allow me to link? I'm still getting 022-2511 even after installing an updated NVER with DevMenu and trying multiple versions of FMP.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I just realized that I was an idiot and followed this guide while my EmuNAND was on 9.2. Still no EmuNAND brick but it didn't work, so, is there a way for me to upgrade my N3DSXL to 9.5?

Also, I read that the way to solve NNID is to log in again from SysNAND. How would I go about doing that, since SysNAND is on 9.2, and logging in requires higher?

Last edited by Shadowfied,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does installing nver make system settings say 10.2 instead of it's actual firmware, I installed it on sysnand and says 10.2 instead of 9.2
Did you ever create a back up of Sysnand? I recommend you to use your back up ASAP.
I just realized that I was an idiot and followed this guide while my EmuNAND was on 9.2. Still no EmuNAND brick but it didn't work, so, is there a way for me to upgrade my N3DSXL to 9.5?

Also, I read that the way to solve NNID is to log in again from SysNAND. How would I go about doing that, since SysNAND is on 9.2, and logging in requires higher?
to upgrade your N3DS to 9.5
1) back up your EmuNand via EmuNand9 or EmuNand tool.
2) Find the files for 9.5. It is in a similar format as the ones for 9.2 you use to downgrade. Replace everything in the update folder with 9.5 stuff (nothing about 9.2 should be there.
3) Get sysUpdater. You might you have the homebrew version you use to downgrade, but I recommend using the CIA version of sysUpdater to downgrade.
4) go into SysUpdater and go to update.

For your 2nd question, NO. That what this tutorial is for to gain access to NNID again. there a few follow up steps if you have errors though.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you ever create a back up of Sysnand? I recommend you to use your back up ASAP.

to upgrade your N3DS to 9.5
1) back up your EmuNand via EmuNand9 or EmuNand tool.
2) Find the files for 9.5. It is in a similar format as the ones for 9.2 you use to downgrade. Replace everything in the update folder with 9.5 stuff (nothing about 9.2 should be there.
3) Get sysUpdater. You might you have the homebrew version you use to downgrade, but I recommend using the CIA version of sysUpdater to downgrade.
4) go into SysUpdater and go to update.

For your 2nd question, NO. That what this tutorial is for to gain access to NNID again. there a few follow up steps if you have errors though.

Thanks.
Successfully downgraded my N3DSXL. Currently trying the "format emunand, sign in to NNID, restore emunand" method on my Old 3DS, which I'm more comfortable experimenting with. All has worked out so far, currently waiting for the eShop to load, and DAMN it is taking long. Has been loading for at least 5 minutes now, but @Odnetnin46 said it takes a long time so..
Edit: Nevermind. Just me being a silly goose. I forgot that I am on 10.3 on O3DS emunand, so there was no point to use HANS. It did fix the issue though, and I can now enter the eShop normally. Now to try it on 9.5 on my N3DSXL!
Edit 2: Okay, did the same steps, formatted, linked NNID and it worked, now back on my previous EmuNAND with all my stuff, trying to get the eShop to open now. No errors yet, just loading for a really long time..
Edit 3: HUZZAH! It works! Couldn't get it to work with HANS or the HB eShop launchers, but it worked with the Multi patcher and then opening the eShop app straight from the EmuNAND Menu (which is even better for me). God bless you people! <3

Last edited by Shadowfied,

mexspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Formatting emunand will erase all installed games and their saves. I strongly suggest you just call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the old system and want to link the NNID to your new one.
Thanks.
Successfully downgraded my N3DSXL. Currently trying the "format emunand, sign in to NNID, restore emunand" method on my Old 3DS, which I'm more comfortable experimenting with. All has worked out so far, currently waiting for the eShop to load, and DAMN it is taking long. Has been loading for at least 5 minutes now, but @Odnetnin46 said it takes a long time so..
Edit: Nevermind. Just me being a silly goose. I forgot that I am on 10.3 on O3DS emunand, so there was no point to use HANS. It did fix the issue though, and I can now enter the eShop normally. Now to try it on 9.5 on my N3DSXL!
Edit 2: Okay, did the same steps, formatted, linked NNID and it worked, now back on my previous EmuNAND with all my stuff, trying to get the eShop to open now. No errors yet, just loading for a really long time..
Edit 3: HUZZAH! It works! Couldn't get it to work with HANS or the HB eShop launchers, but it worked with the Region patcher and then opening the eShop app straight from the EmuNAND Menu (which is even better for me). God bless you people! <3

did exactly what you did in edit two and it succesfully linked my nnid, now restoring my old emunand to see if i can access eshop... i hope it works

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does installing nver make system settings say 10.2 instead of it's actual firmware, I installed it on sysnand and says 10.2 instead of 9.2

CVer is what changes the #.#.# part of your version string, NVer changes the -##X part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...