• No it didn't :(

• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it. And apparently I have to have HANS spoof firmware on top of FMP spoofing it too, or it would tell me to update the app otherwise. This is on my N3DS.

If you have to use HANS to access the eshop then you also have to use its fw spoof. Something about the way it loads titles ignores the patch FMP does. You should still use FMP because it still works for everything else.

I understand what GW does in theory, so I attempted to modify the CIA to do that. But I failed. Ok?

No worries, I tried the same thing. Not sure what the deal is.

As of right now, Backup.

So how would I go about using the emunand tool to back up my emunand? It is not simply pressing backup like everywhere says it is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

?

It should open a dialog box and you need to locate the folder you want to place it in and name it. You are basically saving a file, the same as when you save a word document or anything else.

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to use HANS to access the eshop then you also have to use its fw spoof. Something about the way it loads titles ignores the patch FMP does. You should still use FMP because it still works for everything else.
Okay that's a little confusing. What do you mean by "use" FMP? Are you saying that every time I want to access eShop, I'll run FMP first, hit START to apply the patch (where it will then kick me back to home menu), THEN open the eShop app the normal way?

D

Deleted User

When I choose a location And try it stops and says:
Read failed error: = 87(The parameter is incorrect)
Am I Doing It Wrong?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay that's a little confusing. What do you mean by "use" FMP? Are you saying that every time I want to access eShop, I'll run FMP first, hit START to apply the patch (where it will then kick me back to home menu), THEN open the eShop app the normal way?
Yes. FMP patches the memory (ie. the RAM) when you press START and exits. The patch stays as long as you don't reboot or turn off console (putting in sleep mode is fine). You can enter eShop as many times the normal way after using FMP, provided that you have updated the said CIAs in the tutorial.

Last edited by Just3DS,

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. FMP patches the memory (ie. the RAM) when you press START and exits. The patch stays as long as you don't reboot or turn off console (putting in sleep mode is fine). You can enter eShop as many times the normal way after using FMP, provided that you have updated the said CIAs in the tutorial.
Lol, I didn't know that FMP patches to RAM. And, uh, what "said CIAs in the tutorial" are you referring to? NVer?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't get this to work at all, Eshop still asks for updates.
First of all have you run freemultipatcher at least once before entering eShop?

If yes and still asks to update then:
Which console you have? Which emuNAND version it is running? Are you using GW or CFW? What steps you have performed so far?

Lol, I didn't know that FMP patches to RAM. And, uh, what "said CIAs in the tutorial" are you referring to? NVer?
Yes, NVer CIA and tiger (the eShop CIA). (If you using GW)

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all have you run freemultipatcher at least once before entering eShop?

If yes and still asks to update then:
Which console you have? Which emuNAND version it is running? Are you using GW or CFW? What steps you have performed so far?

I'm using a New 3DS running on RX 9.5U, using CFW.
I've done this guide, and headed straight to the Eshop, only for it to tell me to go update. I tried entering it through HANS on EmuNAND, only to freeze up on a yellow screen.

D

Deleted User

So? Does anybody know what Read failed error: = 87(The parameter is incorrect) means?????

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Run FMP and apply the patch every time you boot into your emunand. Its patch persists until the next reboot, and affects all services (online play for games, miiplaza, buying dlc via games, theme shop, etc)

So? Does anybody know what Read failed error: = 87(The parameter is incorrect) means?????

Make sure your SD card isnt write-protected. Check the slider

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a New 3DS running on RX 9.5U, using CFW.
I've done this guide, and headed straight to the Eshop, only for it to tell me to go update. I tried entering it through HANS on EmuNAND, only to freeze up on a yellow screen.
Okay, you have CFW. Follow the guide on end of first post of this topic written in red color "Note to CFW users".

Make sure you don't update the tiger (eShop) CIA but you may need to update NVer CIA, and use HANS from HBL to spoof eShop. FMP will not work for CFW to spoof eShop.

If you have already updated tiger (eShop) CIA then you need to either replace back original eShop CIA or start again from your backed up emuNAND if you made any.

Last edited by Just3DS,

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run FMP and apply the patch every time you boot into your emunand. Its patch persists until the next reboot, and affects all services (online play for games, miiplaza, buying dlc via games, theme shop, etc)
Ah okay. Do you need it for online play too? I've just tried MHX with 1.1 update on it. Haven't run FMP yet this reboot, and it still connects to online lobby just fine.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a N3DS XL on Emunand 9.5 RX-E 9.5.0-23U what do I need to play games online or to go on the eshop what do I installs or files??

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wha? The guide says to use your CIA manager to update NVer with, not sysUpdater.

You do realize that at its core, sysupdater IS a cia manager right? It is designed to install cias, specifically system titles for the nand with increased checks to prevent accidental bricks.

Sysupdater is a FAR safer way to install or update a system title than DevMenu, BBM, or FBI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...