• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that at its core, sysupdater IS a cia manager right? It is designed to install cias, specifically system titles for the nand with increased checks to prevent accidental bricks.

Sysupdater is a FAR safer way to install or update a system title than DevMenu, BBM, or FBI.
Well, in a sense I guess yes, because firmwares all come in .cia format. Sorry.

Should I just use sysUpdater for installing game/DLC cias then? And, uh, which option do you pick? upgrade?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in a sense I guess yes, because firmwares all come in .cia format. Sorry.

Should I just use sysUpdater for installing game/DLC cias then? And, uh, which option do you pick? upgrade?

I would stick to using sysupdater for system titles and bbm for games/updates/dlc. Personally I have all 4 installed because each serves a purpose.

TitleManager (BBM) is slightly more detailed than DevMenu, but will sometimes not overwrite existing titles (happens most often with NAND titles)
DevMenu will usually overwrite existing titles.
Both of the above will automatically install a title to its proper location based on the exheader info.

FBI allows you to delete specific titles, including ones installed to the NAND, but is a little more complicated to use than DevMenu or BBM, but will not automatically install a system title to the NAND. You have to select the proper destination before installing (or deleting) or risk messing something up.

Sysupdater will only bulk install the contents of 'sd:\updates' but will almost always overwrite the existing titles. (I haven't encountered an instance yet where it did not.)

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would stick to using sysupdater for system titles and bbm for games/updates/dlc. Personally I have all 4 installed because each serves a purpose.

TitleManager (BBM) is slightly more detailed than DevMenu, but will sometimes not overwrite existing titles (happens most often with NAND titles)
DevMenu will usually overwrite existing titles.
Both of the above will automatically install a title to its proper location based on the exheader info.

FBI allows you to delete specific titles, including ones installed to the NAND, but is a little more complicated to use than DevMenu or BBM, but will not automatically install a system title to the NAND. You have to select the proper destination before installing (or deleting) or risk messing something up.

Sysupdater will only bulk install the contents of 'sd:\updates' but will almost always overwrite the existing titles. (I haven't encountered an instance yet where it did not.)
Could you give me a "hint" on the source of your DevMenu? I've see so many versions around that I don't even know which one is legit anymore - mine seems to work, but who knows if it's the latest version.

When you want to remove games/DLCs installed to emuNAND, can't you just go into the emuNAND's data management and manually remove from there? Or will that leave some residual data behind?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you give me a "hint" on the source of your DevMenu? I've see so many versions around that I don't even know which one is legit anymore - mine seems to work, but who knows if it's the latest version.

When you want to remove games/DLCs installed to emuNAND, can't you just go into the emuNAND's data management and manually remove from there? Or will that leave some residual data behind?

Idr where i got my cia version of devmenu, but a .3ds version is included with the files from Gateway. You could probably make a cia from that.

From what I understand you can't fully remove games/demos, idk about dlc. Whether you remove it via data management or with a cia installer, the files themselves are deleted, but the ticket is still located in your db file and it will cause problems if/when you go to purchase it. I have not personally experienced this, but I also have not tried to buy a digital version of a game I installed with a cia.

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idr where i got my cia version of devmenu, but a .3ds version is included with the files from Gateway. You could probably make a cia from that.

From what I understand you can't fully remove games/demos, idk about dlc. Whether you remove it via data management or with a cia installer, the files themselves are deleted, but the ticket is still located in your db file and it will cause problems if/when you go to purchase it. I have not personally experienced this, but I also have not tried to buy a digital version of a game I installed with a cia.
Uh, do you mind linking me the Gateway file pack thing you mentioned (unless it's against the rules, then that's fine).

If it only leaves entries in the db file, that's fine with me. I've been going all physical so far (until I've come across CFW, that is), and the money I have in my NNID is probably going to be used only for renewing Pokemon Bank subscription (I know there's a local homebrew version; haven't look into it in details just yet).

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure if I am allowed to ask for this but does anybody have a cia version of sys settings... Both my sysnand one and emunand have a dowwngraded version so the ds profile exploit works. Im willing to delete the exploit. I just want nnid back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uh, do you mind linking me the Gateway file pack thing you mentioned (unless it's against the rules, then that's fine).

If it only leaves entries in the db file, that's fine with me. I've been going all physical so far (until I've come across CFW, that is), and the money I have in my NNID is probably going to be used only for renewing Pokemon Bank subscription (I know there's a local homebrew version; haven't look into it in details just yet).
Just go to the downloads section on the gateway website and underneath the updates it will say devmenu.3ds
:)
& the poke bank thing is good same with pkhex, its a pkmn box editor...
Sry i cant remem the name of the bank.

Last edited by ,

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not sure if I am allowed to ask for this but does anybody have a cia version of sys settings... Both my sysnand one and emunand have a dowwngraded version so the ds profile exploit works. Im willing to delete the exploit. I just want nnid back.
Take 0004001000022000.cia from a 9.2 upgrade pack for your sysnand (and from a 9.5[?] for your emunand)

D

Deleted User

Download update packs from that iso site and take that cia file from those. Old titles are not available anymore on 3dsnus
The db for 3ds iso thing ?? wink wink... 3dnus say it is downloading 0004001000021000 v8203 Ill take it that its wrong?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its against the rules because it includes a .3ds file of DevMenu, as well as cia files for MSET. Its not that hard to find though. Links are always on their website.

Just go to the downloads section on the gateway website and underneath the updates it will say devmenu.3ds
:)
& the poke bank thing is good same with pkhex, its a pkmn box editor...
Sry i cant remem the name of the bank.

You should only have downgraded MSET in sysnand. There is no need to use MSET to access homebrew and you obviously can't use MSET from inside emunand to access another emunand.

Yes pack as cia, and no. Check the logging, the title was probably removed
would you pm where to get it please

As far as I know, all titles from before 9.9 have been removed from the CDN, so 3DNUS can no longer download them.

You will need to go to that iso site and find the thread you downloaded your downgrade/update packs from and pull the file from an appropriate pack for your fw version and region.

So I MAY have an idea why people are having problems with NNID after downgrade.

I am 99% sure the downgrade/cfw tutorials do not have the user downgrading MSET on their sysnand, right? Well the 4.5 MSET doesn't have NNID settings. After I set up my emunand after doing a transfer from my O3DS XL, I downgraded MSET and set up the DS Profile exploit, THEN I formated my sysnand to unlink. I wonder if the lack of a NNID option in the settings when I formatted is why it didn't break my NNID.

D

Deleted User

Just to everyone with gateway emunand I would like to give you a tip on having nnid on your emunand.
When you first make emunand make sure you DON'T have the mset for ds profile yet. Do everything for your emunand then do mset.
This will make it so your emunand is able to use nnid. I believe you sould also set up nnid before you make emunand so it will have i once you use your emunand. :)

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
My emunand won't load anymore after using Sysupdater cia to update from 9.2.0-20 to 9.5.0-23.... These are the steps I did:

1) Backup emunand (thank god for that) with Emunand9

2) Install the latest sysupdater cia from profi's repo

3) Download the correct update cias from that one site (Triple checked that they are the correct ones. It were these: Chrono_Download_Manager_-_Google_Chrome_2016-01-12_19-03-24.png

4) Perform the update through sysupdater

5) It automatically rebooted

6) It gives a "loading home screen" popup. This shortly after disappears and I'm stuck on a black screen. On any further boots it gets straight up stuck on a black screen.

Some info about my console and all that:
New3DS
Sysnand: 9.2.0-20E
Emunand: 9.2.0-20E
CFW used: RXtools nightly build of this tutorial by Wurstpistole. As well as ReiNAND 2.1 booted through 3dsx.
Unlinked NANDs: Yes

Any help would be much appreciated :x

At time of typing this my n3ds is restoring my emunand backup so I can start from 9.2 again. This IS the second time I restore it though.. Tried the above process twice with 2x fails.

Last edited by Favna,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emunand won't load anymore after using Sysupdater cia to update from 9.2.0-20 to 9.5.0-23.... These are the steps I did:

1) Backup emunand (thank god for that) with Emunand9

2) Install the latest sysupdater cia from profi's repo

3) Download the correct update cias from that one site (Triple checked that they are the correct ones. It were these: View attachment 35189

4) Perform the update through sysupdater

5) It automatically rebooted

6) It gives a "loading home screen" popup. This shortly after disappears and I'm stuck on a black screen. On any further boots it gets straight up stuck on a black screen.

Some info about my console and all that:
New3DS
Sysnand: 9.2.0-20E
Emunand: 9.2.0-20E
CFW used: RXtools nightly build of this tutorial by Wurstpistole. As well as ReiNAND 2.1 booted through 3dsx.
Unlinked NANDs: Yes

Any help would be much appreciated :x

At time of typing this my n3ds is restoring my emunand backup so I can start from 9.2 again. This IS the second time I restore it though.. Tried the above process twice with 2x fails.
Uninstall themehax from emunand by going to your extdata folder of the emunand and deleting the theme data.
https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata
The folder you need to delete is 000002ce as you are Eur

Reactions: Favna

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I got the 022-2634 error and went ahead and started applying these steps from @Shadowfied - but I'm kinda stuck on step 5. My emunand is now on 9.2.0-20E again (restored that emunand because i was trying that first) but when I try to link my NNID I (obviously) get the need to update error. Should I first update to 9.5.0-28 before doing these steps again?

Edit: something else crossed my mind, is the NVer even restored when injecting an old EmuNAND back in? (specifically my 9.2.0-20E emunand)

Didn't you format your EmuNAND and link your NNID already?
If you didn't, this is what you have to do (you wont lose anything at all):
1. Backup your EmuNAND using Emunand9 or the Emunand Tool
2. Copy your Nintendo 3DS directory from the SD card to your PC
3. Boot into EmuNAND, open System Settings and choose Format
4. Boot back into EmuNAND and go through setup
5. Go to System Settings and sign into your NNID (now it will be properly linked to the system ID)
6. Inject the previously back upped EmuNAND to your SD card
7. Move the Nintendo 3DS directory back

Last edited by Favna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: