Hacking [TUTORIAL] How to run applications from dvd

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody! This guide is about how to run wii apps from a dvd. You can do this if you have cioscorp/Softmii or a Modchip and and are using system menu 3.2.

Required stuff:
An iso of a commercial wii game(Visit the "Getting the game" section of this guide)
The dol file of the application you want to run.

Required Programs/Files:
Trucha Signer
wiikeyset.reg(type "mediafire.com" in to your web browser and then type "/?sharekey=6242189030c370054012e8015643d9c852f5d478c1c6a292"(Without the quotes)

The rest of the guide:

1. Extract "trucha.zip" using WinRAR
2. Run the wiikeyset.reg file you downloaded, it'll ask you if you're sure want to continue. Press Yes
3. Go to where you extracted Trucha.zip and run "trucha.exe"
4. Once the program is loaded click on "Select Keyset" and choose "Custom Keyset 1"
5. Click on "Image" and choose "Open iso". A menu will pop up. Choose an iso of a game you have.
6. Click the small plus icon Next to "Disc". Now click the plus icon beside the second partition shown.
7. Open the "sysfiles" folder.
8. Find the .dol file of the application you want to run from dvd and rename it "main.dol".
9. Right click on "main.dol" and select "replace". Choose the .dol file you just renamed.
11. Right click on the second partition and click "Trucha Sign It!.
12. Exit the window and burn the iso to a dvd.(You can check this guide if you need help burning.)

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
but so you also replace the update dol ? and can you explain it for multi game disks to include the multiboot loader at the first partition please as i cant get that to work i would appreciate it
wink.gif

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
but so you also replace the update dol ? and can you explain it for multi game disks to include the multiboot loader at the first partition please as i cant get that to work i would appreciate it
wink.gif
What do you mean by replace the update dol? You mean like boot multiple apps? I'll look in to it.

EDIT: Found this. Interesting, though he never did get the actual menu done...

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The first partition is always the update partition. So I think there is no need to replace the main.dol in the first partition. I also read somewhere that the replacement files must be the same size as the original files otherwise trucha signing won't work because the iso file size changes. Is that true?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yeah but to include the multiboot loader in the first partition on it as it gives an error when you launch it then :/

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The guide above specifies how to do it but is too advanced for most people and takes a lot of time.
And a simple mistake can make it useless. I think I'll wait till someone makes an easy gui program before I add it.
smile.gif

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bowser said:
The first partition is always the update partition. So I think there is no need to replace the main.dol in the first partition. I also read somewhere that the replacement files must be the same size as the original files otherwise trucha signing won't work because the iso file size changes. Is that true?
why dont you listen ? you dont laucnh an update partition from the disc channel eh

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
bowser said:
why dont you listen ? you dont laucnh an update partition from the disc channel eh

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
nicksasa said:
bowser said:

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bowser said:
nicksasa said:
bowser said:

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Has anyone found the way to insert a folder with roms inside the .iso...??
smile.gif
Don't think you can, but someone could try using wiiscrubber and see if the emulator would read the disk. It probably won't work as a wii disk is in a special format but you can always try.

Anyway I'm off for today. See you tomorrow guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8