Homebrew [Tutorial] Setting up Pegaswitch and Preparing for Homebrew

mastermx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I'm pretty late to the pegaswitch party. But I've finally decided to update my switch from 2.8 to 3.0.0. I have been trying to find a good copy of pokken tournament that has 3.0.0 update online. But I can't find it, since most sellers on ebay don't have a picture of the back of the cart. Is there a reliable way to update to 3.0.0? Even if it means renting a copy somehow?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Sure If you are living in Uszbekistan, there is rentayak.uzb, which also rents Switch games since the last Buzulbura festivities. I heard its pretty popular. Here is a link https://rentayak.uzb/gaming/switch/rent.php?pok-t=s&18837

They actually have 360° images of their carts, which you can turn around by swiping on your smartphone.

Very nice!

Alternatively you could search for shops with the business model to one time rent one game, such as https://updateyouswitchto300.biz/rental

Or do some actual work, like writing some ebay sellers to actually ask them, or finding a rental service to try out "blind". In your region. (Of course you are american.)

Last edited by notimp,

mastermx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure If you are living in Uszbekistan, there is rentayak.uzb, which also rents Switch games since the last Buzulbura festivities. I heard its pretty popular. Here is a link https://rentayak.uzb/gaming/switch/rent.php?pok-t=s&18837

They actually have 360° images of their carts, which you can turn around by swiping on your smartphone.

Very nice!

Alternatively you could search for shops with the business model to one time rent one game, such as https://updateyouswitchto300.biz/rental

Or do some actual work, like writing some ebay sellers to actually ask them, or finding a rental service to try out "blind". In your region. (Of course you are american.)

Can I borrow your copy of "Troll" for switch. I've heard it comes in firmware 3.0.0.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I believe you get it by typing rickroll into a youtube search. ;) (I let you do the honors.. ;) )

edit: I'll actually edit in an explanation as to why I reacted trolly. Mainly two reasons.

- This is an international forum, and if we get into opening up help threads for people around the world on where to buy stuff, that cant be refered to by just an amazon search link (ie. where in depth research is needed), it would get very complex, very fast.

- This (how to source a specific version of a game) problem, really isn't one you will get solved by posting the usual two liner on a webforum, for other people to do the research on your behalf. The problem interacts with the real world too much.. ;)

Try to write some ebay sellers or find a local buy/sell marketplace (craigslist equivalent), and ask the seller to look up the number on the back of the cart for you. Be polite, explain what you would need it for - and most people trying to sell a game will comply. :)

Last edited by notimp,

mastermx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no issue with that, I'll ask around ebay. I just thought there might be something I had missed. A method or a game I was not aware of.

If Pokken is the only way, then Pokken it is for me!

Last edited by mastermx,

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Edit
i managed to lunch pegaswitch using bash on my win 10 but when i enter my IP as shown in the terminal as DNS on my console it just connect like normal !
any help here would be appreciated

Last edited by MonMonz,

SkulllKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get this error

npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: If using 2.x branch, please upgrade to at least 2.1.6 to avoid a serious bug with socket data flow and an import issue introduced in 2.1.0

> [email protected] install C:\Users\otrebla\pegaswitch\node_modules\node-pty
> node scripts/install.js

C:\Users\otrebla\pegaswitch\node_modules\node-pty>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node "C:\Users\otrebla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild ) else (node "C:\Users\otrebla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild )
Los proyectos de esta solución se van a compilar de uno en uno. Para habilitar la compilación en paralelo, agregue el modificador "/m".
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: No se pudo cargar el componente "VCBuild.exe" de Visual C++. Para corregir este problema, 1) instale .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) instale Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 o 3) a
gregue la ubicación del componente a la ruta de acceso del sistema si está instalado en otro lugar. [C:\Users\otrebla\pegaswitch\node_modules\node-pty\build\binding.sln]
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: No se pudo cargar el componente "VCBuild.exe" de Visual C++. Para corregir este problema, 1) instale .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) instale Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 o 3) a
gregue la ubicación del componente a la ruta de acceso del sistema si está instalado en otro lugar. [C:\Users\otrebla\pegaswitch\node_modules\node-pty\build\binding.sln]
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: `C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild.exe` failed with exit code: 1
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (C:\Users\otrebla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\build.js:258:23)
gyp ERR! stack at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:198:12)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.16299
gyp ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Users\\otrebla\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\npm\\node_modules\\node-gyp\\bin\\node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd C:\Users\otrebla\pegaswitch\node_modules\node-pty
gyp ERR! node -v v8.11.1
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.6.2
gyp ERR! not ok
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: [email protected] (node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for [email protected]: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! [email protected] install: `node scripts/install.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\otrebla\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2018-05-13T23_50_20_353Z-debug.log

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Are you supposed to choose manual setup then change the DNS to what pegaswitch tells you? Whenever I make a connection it won't connect and has no wifi strength

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...