TV cancellations of 2011

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Not one of the shows that were cancelled affected me in the slightest as I never took the time to watch them. I'm just hoping The Good Wife makes it onto CBS's Fall Schedule then I'll be good for next fall.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
A bit more news from ABC and NBC
ABC dropped
Brothers & Sisters, Detroit 187, Mr. Sunshine, No Ordinary Family, Off the Map and V

NBC dropped (some of the following have been known for a while)

The Cape (apparently an online only finale- such a thing has happened a fair bit these last couple of years)
Outlaw
Undercovers
The Paul Reiser Show
Law & Order: Los Angeles
The Event
Outsourced

I think this just leaves CBS and a couple of the others (it seems treme got picked up for series 3 though)

Some rumblings that Breaking in might actually be spared as well- apparently the next episode is on Tuesday as a test or something.

There is also a bit of news floating around about the pilots being picked up or dropped the most notable of which seems to be wonder woman "reboot" not being picked up. Reading TV news sites is not a game I enjoy so I will stick to the renewed/cancelled discussion.

As for Caprica I did not even start watching it, not sure why though.
WHAT? The Event AND Law & Order LA?? If L&O:LA is getting cancelled, what will become of the game?

Source your info, sir.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
ABC dropped
Brothers & Sisters, Detroit 187, Mr. Sunshine, No Ordinary Family, Off the Map and V

Nooooo!!! They dropped Mr. Sunshine....
sad.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re sources- I am far too lazy to go searching other sites so I am still using the links I had from the first post.

Still
http://tvdonewright.com/2011-2012-preview/...ellation-chart/
http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/13/nbc-canc...les-chase-more/
http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/13/the-even...geles-canceled/

Failing that I think it might have been a torrent site- I do not actually use torrents but they have a really nice info section on all the various shows.

As for the Law and Order LA game I have no idea- it could go either way although it depends on how close they are to the finish (even then a hasty model/sprite swap might be on the cards).

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
FAST6191 said:
ABC dropped

Nooooo!!! They dropped Mr. Sunshine....
sad.gif

Can't say i'm surprised at that list,when I first heard of some of those shows you could pretty much guess that most or all of them weren't gone to last long...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, The Event had a good story, but they're dragging it out too long and not answering any questions. None of the characters are really memorable.

Glad to see ABC canceled V. Hell, I can't believe they canceled FlashForward in favor of V in the first place. Maybe now they will pick FlashForward back up?

But on a different note, is it just me or is tv becoming nothing but reality tv now. I guess people give up on enjoying a good story where they have to pay attention, and rather just watch people do stupid shit :/

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
But on a different note, is it just me or is tv becoming nothing but reality tv now. I guess people give up on enjoying a good story where they have to pay attention, and rather just watch people do stupid shit :/

Not all reality TV is bad... Amazing Race is still pretty good. I mean, it's been around for 18 seasons and it's still not getting tiresome, it's very fun to watch.

There's also Masterchef and Top Chef, which I like watching on my laptop during lunch time. Mmmmm...

Then again, there's also shit like Survivor....

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CBS is dragging it out but finally speaking

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/15/cbs-canc...-the-defenders/

The Defenders, $#*! My Dad Says and Mad Love are gone (along with Chaos)

Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, while Mike & Molly, Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods are unknown although the sites seem to think only Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior is not looking good.

Starting to get a few tentative midseason and beyond schedules as well but I will restrict myself to cancellations here (others are free to do what you like though).

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Honestly, The Event had a good story, but they're dragging it out too long and not answering any questions. None of the characters are really memorable.
It was pretty obvious and I believe they even marketed it as trying to be the next Lost or at least similar to, so none of that surprised me.
Glad to see ABC canceled V. Hell, I can't believe they canceled FlashForward in favor of V in the first place. Maybe now they will pick FlashForward back up?
Don't count on it.
It's just you.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
antwill said:
ShadowSoldier said:
It was pretty obvious and I believe they even marketed it as trying to be the next Lost or at least similar to, so none of that surprised me.
Don't count on it.
It's just you.

Yeah but you're in a different country, so some of the stuff you see there you don't see here.

On TV here now, it literally is mostly all reality tv shows.

And I know that they were going for a Lost thing, but so was FlashForward in a way (for example), and I caught onto the characters fast. But in The Event, no matter how many times I would watch an episode, or if I watched a bunch in a row (I torrent the eps), the characters and plot just didn't connect at all. It wasn't the greatest acting at all, and I thought the people they chose for the aliens, weren't interesting enough for me to care, same with the president. I like the main character and his girlfriend, I thought they were good, but the rest of the cast drowned them out that it wasn't worth watching.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
antwill said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Don't count on it.
It's just you.

Yeah but you're in a different country, so some of the stuff you see there you don't see here.
Yeah but you were generalising, I was trying to point this out. Also when you're in a country and your only choice is to download shows because many do not make it here you kinda do take notice of all the TV releases that get uploaded and while I see many stupid, stupid reality shows (I'm looking at you Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Pit Boss), I wouldn't go as far as to say it is becoming nothing but reality TV.
On TV here now, it literally is mostly all reality tv shows.

And I know that they were going for a Lost thing, but so was FlashForward in a way (for example), and I caught onto the characters fast. But in The Event, no matter how many times I would watch an episode, or if I watched a bunch in a row (I torrent the eps), the characters and plot just didn't connect at all. It wasn't the greatest acting at all, and I thought the people they chose for the aliens, weren't interesting enough for me to care, same with the president. I like the main character and his girlfriend, I thought they were good, but the rest of the cast drowned them out that it wasn't worth watching.
I didn't watch any of those so I can't comment on the quality but none interested me anyway. I'm not surprised they were cancelled.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is just about over now for the main networks- most people are on to announcing schedules and new shows (again feel free to discuss/link up stuff but I am not wading into that cesspit).
CBS apparently confirmed the criminal minds spinoff is gone and CSI new york is up for renewal although speculation on whether it will be a half series or not.
http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/17/cbs-canc...-renews-csi-ny/

I think this leaves some stuff on the CW and CBS to announce a lineup and the fate of a couple of other shows.

Personally in a post Wire world CSI of all flavours (and most other police shows) seemed kind of boring so I have not watched it in years but the criminal minds spinoff was entertaining enough.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
CBS is heaven for police/crime procedurals. It's the oldest network, with ABC coming 2nd, then NBC, then Fox, and then the CW. The problem is reality TV is so much cheaper to produce so it can have lower ratings,.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CBS announced their schedule but as per usual I am not really covering it (see it http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/18/cbs-2011-2012-schedule/ )- feel free once again to discuss it. This should determine what is actually cancelled (there was still some confusion after the announcement a couple of days back).

The CW chimed in as well
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cw-o...-vampire-188414

Hellcats is cancelled.

Nikita and One Tree Hill are back although One Tree Hill seems to be a 13 episodes final series type of thing and maybe midseason depending on the person you speak to.

I found Nikita to be fairly standard CW fare and not a patch on any of the films or original TV series but fairly enjoyable none the less even if it does suffer from the odd plot hole (world class sniper one week but unable to hit an, albeit hostile and firing, target with an assault rifle at point blank the next week).

Edit: for the sake of linking it up
http://tvdonewright.com/2011-2012-preview/...ellation-chart/
Everything but HBO, showtime, AMC and USA network which were already covered elsewhere.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Hellcats is cancelled. Damn.. it wasn't good but I watched it occasionally.

Nikita and One Tree Hill are back although One Tree Hill seems to be a 13 episodes final series type of thing and maybe midseason depending on the person you speak to. WOOT! One Tree Hill!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1