g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Talaria said:
Could a indie Wii Freeloader be constructed from this for unmodded consoles? Could some great homebrew emulators arise? Who knows

I was hoping for something like that, also. At least something that blocks the firmware updates on newer games. Also, I'm assuming that once they figure out Wi-Fi and everything like that, emulators could be made with online capabilities.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Wow, the twilight hack has now been made incredibly easy to execute! Things seem to be developing at quite a pace for wiibrew, really looking forward to some innovative use of the wiimote for homebrew soon...how cool will a proper wii-pong be?
smile.gif
Before we know it, we could have a wii-mote controlled version of ScummVM! *Dreams*

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
before i get to excited is there anyway to run genesis/snes roms with the emus provided off the SD card now or is it still necessary for a GCGecko and a modded Wii? either way it's good news seems progress is growing fast on this "hack" but i would love to go chuck some roms on my SD cards now.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using MCbackup to backup and restore Gamecube saves to SD using SDgecko.

I will try to convert the MCBackup.dol to .elf to see if it still access GC memory card while booting from the front SD slot.

I'm wondering if it will be possible to read/write saves in the front SD slot with a new SDlib.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
before i get to excited is there anyway to run genesis/snes roms with the emus provided off the SD card now or is it still necessary for a GCGecko and a modded Wii? either way it's good news seems progress is growing fast on this "hack" but i would love to go chuck some roms on my SD cards now.

You can load the emulator (I loaded Genesis Plus) through the internal SD slot. However, I'm assuming you still need an SD Gecko to load the ROMs. Loading through the internal slot hasn't been added into the emulator yet.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
ahhh i hope that happens soon, probably not to hard to do if thats the only thing stopping it but then what do i know.

EDIT: so as not to cause any confusion my post was in reply to g4jek8j54

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
FAST6191 said:
@CockroachMan devkitpro/devkitppc added the wii a couple of weeks back, granted it is not that advanced and I expect we will see a nice bit of fallout like the earlier gba and DS days but it is there.
http://www.devkitpro.org/devkitpro/devkitp...se-14-is-final/

Yeah, I saw that.. but it still lacks functions to support the Wii remote, Wifi and stuff like that.. it only allows you to make GC homebrew running on Wii mode.. well.. this whole "Wii homebrew scene' started in less than 2 months, and it already grew a lot, can't wait to see how this will be 6 months from now..
rolleyes.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
CockroachMan said:
FAST6191 said:
@CockroachMan devkitpro/devkitppc added the wii a couple of weeks back, granted it is not that advanced and I expect we will see a nice bit of fallout like the earlier gba and DS days but it is there.
http://www.devkitpro.org/devkitpro/devkitp...se-14-is-final/

Yeah, I saw that.. but it still lacks functions to support the Wii remote, Wifi and stuff like that.. it only allows you to make GC homebrew running on Wii mode.. well.. this whole "Wii homebrew scene' started in less than 2 months, and it already grew a lot, can't wait to see how this will be 6 months from now..
rolleyes.gif

Well yeah... Imagine a Wii Channel that runs backup Games... even on a un-modded Wii! (Just copy the channel from the SD Card to the "Fresh" Un-Chipped/Modded Wii...)

And a MP3 Channel... or even better a Wii MoonShell!
wink.gif
And Emulators... like NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA!!
smile.gif

The possibilities will be so much...
wink.gif

QUOTE(jalaneme @ Mar 14 2008, 11:29 AM)
lol awesome, now they need to put nice gui or something some sick emus and they i will check it out.
And Wii controller support, etc. and Me too!
smile.gif
tongue.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
SkH said:
And a MP3 Channel... or even better a Wii MoonShell!
wink.gif
And Emulators... like NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA!!
smile.gif

The possibilities will be so much...
wink.gif

And Wii controller support, etc. and Me too!
smile.gif
tongue.gif
Minor grammatical problems aside, I'd advise you not to get carried away -- while a lot of this stuff is indeed possible, you don't want to get disappointed if it's never made, huh?
wink.gif

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see a backup loader
rolleyes.gif

But I know... blah blah... piracy...

I'll go make it myself (might take me a year or two
tongue.gif
yaynds.gif
)

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
can anyone help me, i can't get it to work.
I replaced the save file
i formated my SD card
i put my elf file on the root and renamed it "boot.elf"
i start it all up
and it comes up
Code:
FAT_ReadFile(boot.elf) failed with error -1
## No elf image at address 90100000
DOL image detected?
loading binary file...

and just stays there.

Can anyone help?