RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT 2: Got Boot9Strap running fine and am finishing up cleanup. The game seems to work and now it is at a "Loading..." screen with an unfilling progress bar. Ideas?
Format your SD card to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size, and set Mario Kart DS as donor ROM, if you haven't done that yet.
Also, TWLoader is not an emulator. (It's not called TWL-Emulator. :P) It reboots into NTR/TWL mode to start bootstrap, which runs your selected ROM natively.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: DesuTrevor

DesuTrevor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format your SD card to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size
Doesn't that kill everything on it? I'll do it after backing up the contents, but that's 21 gigs so it might take a while.

set Mario Kart DS as donor ROM
If you could link me to something that describes how that is done, it would be much appreciated.

TWLoader is not an emulator.
heck.

Tysm!

EDIT: Update: The loading bar said that it failed before I took it the SD card out, if that is of any importance.

Last edited by DesuTrevor,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't that kill everything on it? I'll do it after backing up the contents, but that's 21 gigs so it might take a while.
Yeah, but at least you're backing up the contents.
If you could link me to something that describes how that is done, it would be much appreciated.
Instructions are in the first post of this thread.

DesuTrevor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instructions are in the first post of this thread.
Instructions unclear, 3ds stuck in SATA port.

All nds files seem to be set as a doner and i cant change that. All it shows is "Unset as doner."
Thanks again for putting up with my problems.

Evoation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Try setting mario kart ds as the donor rom, I know you said you already had it as a donor but just do it again because I had to redo setting it as a donor rom to get pokemon platinum not get stuck on the white screen on my 3ds. Also if youre getting a white screen try waiting at least 2-4 minutes on it sometimes it just loads very slowly at first
No roms work on TWLoader for my N3DS so I don't understand how any other game would work if the donor rom doesn't work itself...

cync48

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey guys, i'm having an issue with pokemon soul silver from sd card, i can play it for around 10 minutes, but later i always got crash (the first one was black screen, and the second was red screen on the top).

Am I missing some step to avoid this crash? thank you

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i'm having an issue with pokemon soul silver from sd card, i can play it for around 10 minutes, but later i always got crash (the first one was black screen, and the second was red screen on the top).

Am I missing some step to avoid this crash? thank you

IIRC, SoulSilver and HeartGold are antipiracy protected. You need to patch your rom (or locate one that's already been AP patched) short of this, I do recall a while ago, some pokemon games were crashing (even with AP patching) - not sure if this is still the case or not.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instructions unclear, 3ds stuck in SATA port.

All nds files seem to be set as a doner and i cant change that. All it shows is "Unset as doner."
Thanks again for putting up with my problems.
It's impossible for all ROMs to be set as donor.
"Unset donor ROM" only unsets the currently set donor ROM.
Press SELECT to see the "Set as donor ROM" option, not START.

ArkhamK27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello
This has nothing to do with the thread, but somebody knows a forums that helps with 3ds bricks
I´m sorry to post here, but I´ve seen this group is active

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
This has nothing to do with the thread, but somebody knows a forums that helps with 3ds bricks
I´m sorry to post here, but I´ve seen this group is active

Start a new thread, and go into detail exactly what the current situation is right now (including pictures of what error you have - if applicable) and what you've done that caused the brick (if you know)

ArkhamK27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Start a new thread, and go into detail exactly what the current situation is right now (including pictures of what error you have - if applicable) and what you've done that caused the brick (if you know)
Ok, I´ll do that
Thanks

Geneolgia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Svalbard
It's safe.
Cool, i also want to add that i tested Advance Wars Dual Strike EUR and it worked with little lag but very playable and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon EUR, it was laggier but also playable, both with Mario Kart set as donor, if anyone wants to add to the compatibility list since only the USA versions of these games are listed.

cync48

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
IIRC, SoulSilver and HeartGold are antipiracy protected. You need to patch your rom (or locate one that's already been AP patched) short of this, I do recall a while ago, some pokemon games were crashing (even with AP patching) - not sure if this is still the case or not.

Thank you for your reply, i will try to find those patched rom.
I'll edit this post if it's the problem

The Sender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a great tool, but I'm unable to get my Original R4 (normally runs wood 1.62 before changing it to YSmenu as per the instructions) to boot in my new 3ds XL (luma 9 and b9s) using this or even the NTR Launcher by ApacheThunder. Works fine in my DS Lite with either YSMenu or wood 1.62.

No matter what options I select in TWLoader settings, it always hangs on a white screen after the NDS logo when selecting "Add games". I get the same white screen issue with the NTR Launcher. If I select the reset slot-1 option, it says it's "in NTR mode, press start.", and then hangs just the same.

Last edited by The Sender,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has editing permissions on the DS game compatability list I can confirm that puyo puyo 15th anniversary works flawlessly, puyo puyo 7 works great with some very minor and rare lag when things get too hectic, and puyo puyo 20th does not boot up at all (white screen).

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The twl loader sucks I tried playing 10 games that said was compatible but the only game that work was Mario kart
You have to set Mario Kart DS as donor ROM, if you haven't done that.
Check the instructions in the first post on how to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative