RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my ROMs (Newer Super Mario Bros DS and Pokemon Platinum) return with "Error!" after loading them.

EDIT: Missed the FAQs, but after updating to Luma 9.0 and reinstalling the NAND side CIAs, it still returns with "Error!"
You forgot to set Mario Kart DS as donor ROM.

Reactions: Blue

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v6.2.1

Happy new year, and good DS(i) gaming!

What's new?
  • "1st Anniversary" text has removed, as the anniversary is over!
  • New "pseudo-HDR" logo screen added!
  • R4 SDHC Dual-Core is no longer supported, as YSMenu (the ROM loader for DSTT and clones) bricks the card.
Improvements
  • German and Turkish translations improved (by @friberk and @Tails32).
  • Tried fixing colors on HOME Menu banner (by @Uupo03).

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: wicksand420

NaimLM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I tried to play Pokémon Diamond and everything went well until I saved the game and stoped playing. Later when I tried to play again I got a red screen with white dots on it and I can't play the game anymore. What's the problem? Happy New Year btw.

zeroultima6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right off the bat i found a minor bug:
Upon starting the loader the health and safely screen (bottom screen) is blacked out. (before loading the rom.)

rdmm123

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, im currently having an error when running any games on TWLoader on my Old 3DS, it opens the game, shows up the DS message, then goes to a loading screen, it stops at aprox. 75% and then shows an "Error!" message with a squared red cross, image below. I did the installation by scanning the QR code on the github page. I'm running Luma3DS on boot9strap. I don't know if you require any more info xD.

Attachments

• WIN_20180101_15_23_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180101_15_23_12_Pro.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 321

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im currently having an error when running any games on TWLoader on my Old 3DS, it opens the game, shows up the DS message, then goes to a loading screen, it stops at aprox. 75% and then shows an "Error!" message with a squared red cross, image below. I did the installation by scanning the QR code on the github page. I'm running Luma3DS on boot9strap. I don't know if you require any more info xD.
Looks like you didn't set Mario Kart DS as donor ROM.

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

Only if the original time bombed kernel is replaced with ysmenu? Or just the cart and TWLoader regardless?

If so, that would mean all R4isdhc.com carts can't be used... Dual core, Gold and RTS Lite are all the same... A lot of people use those carts. What causes the brick? Any fix coming soon?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if the original time bombed kernel is replaced with ysmenu? Or just the cart and TWLoader regardless?

If so, that would mean all R4isdhc.com carts can't be used... Dual core, Gold and RTS Lite are all the same... A lot of people use those carts. What causes the brick? Any fix coming soon?
YSMenu is the issue. It contains brick code that affects some cards.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I think the carts with year dates 2015 upwards are different from those pre 2014. Or do you mean ALL R4isdhc.com carts are affected?
Like I said, it's just Dual-Core. idk about the year.

A way to fix the issue, is to get bootstrap working on flashcards.

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tested these games on 0.6.1 and they work ok

Retail
Cars(works fine)
Cars Race o Rama(black screen if you try sleep mode but otherwise fine)

Rom Hacks
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon Bloody Platinum
Pokemon Mind Crystal(English patch)

Cars Mater-National is still borked tho

Can you update the compatibiity list?Only if you want to though,just thought I'd mention stuff like this for record keeping.

Yeah, pokemon DPE and HGSS are working with donor ROM, just slow on switching in some scenes.

TWLoader v6.2.1

Happy new year, and good DS(i) gaming!

What's new?
  • "1st Anniversary" text has removed, as the anniversary is over!
  • New "pseudo-HDR" logo screen added!
  • R4 SDHC Dual-Core is no longer supported, as YSMenu (the ROM loader for DSTT and clones) bricks the card.
Improvements
  • German and Turkish translations improved (by @friberk and @Tails32).
  • Tried fixing colors on HOME Menu banner (by @Uupo03).

Is Supercard DS ONE really supported?
I have a early version of Supercard DS ONE(no "i" version, black cart with white label). it is undetected in TWLoader/NTR-Launcher/GodMode9(card init failed).

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Robz8 Can we launch a DS card with TWL Loader enhancements (better sound, better framerate)?

I'm asking because I use my SuperCard DSOne for DS games, as it supports save states and cheat codes. But I'd like to use the enhancements of TWL Loader. Maybe a simple cia that just launch the DS card could be possible in the future?

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@Robz8 Can we launch a DS card with TWL Loader enhancements (better sound, better framerate)?

I'm asking because I use my SuperCard DSOne for DS games, as it supports save states and cheat codes. But I'd like to use the enhancements of TWL Loader. Maybe a simple cia that just launch the DS card could be possible in the future?
maybe you can use NTR Launcher for running DS card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: bye whoever's leaving