Two copy / pastes

slayerspud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First, I don't know if this is the correct section so feel free to move it.

Basically I want to say press a keyboard button for one piece of text, and another for a different piece of text. Obviously I can already use CTRL + V for one piece of text, but I need it for two different pieces of text. I am using Word 2003 or there abouts. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why not just do them one at a time?

You can have multiple documents open in Word, so one at a time is easy enough.

Or, if both pieces are from the same source, simply highlight the entire source, from the start of piece one, to the end of piece two, paste it across, then highlight and delete all the bits you don't need.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
Uh...use Clipboard?

Or that ... the options are many
smile.gif

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you just need to copy 2 different parts of your document (pieces of text) in word, you hold ctrl and highlight the text you want. try playing around with ctrl highlighling to get the feel of it. you can also use shift, double click for 1 word, undo the highlighting (selection) by rehighlighting the text

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
? Are you looking to copy one paragraph of text in a document, skip one paragraph, then copy the following paragraph ?

You can start highlight one piece of text, then Hold CTRL, then highlight the next piece that you want. You can do this as many times as needed while skimming through the text. then when you are done highlighting, right-click, and copy, then paste to your Word document.

I think this is what you want to do?

EDIT: noisound beat me to it...

WAIT, are you referring to "macro" your keys? Like how you have a certain button to bring up the start menu, have a certain button to bring up your dvd playing software???

Somthing like that? You would either have to have that option on your laptop. if you have a desktop, you should be able to use the software that came with your keyboard.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@suppachipmunk
better luck next time
happy.gif

i know you spent a long time typing that post probably, when you opened it earlier but only just now got to it lol
i did have to sit for a while to think about slayerspud's basic description ;P

n1 going the extra mile on macro suggestion !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...