TX Announces SX OS v1.5 with 'even more features'

TX is still busy working on the currently 'unhackable switch'es'

In the meantime they have recently produced yet another update to their SX OS v1.5, and as usual its packed with new features as you can see detailed below in their official 'changelog':

sx15.jpg

Another day, another small update with some convenient new functionality for SX OS!

Lets have a look at whats new:
  • Added mass NSP install (and optional delete) functionality
    Users who want to install a lot of NSP titles at once can now easily do so by pressing [Y] in the installer tab. Upon finish the NSP installer will also ask you if you want to delete the NSP source files from your microSD card, freeing up space and keeping every neat and tidy!
  • FTP server support
    You can now enable a FTP server from the options tab in our menu that will keep running even once the menu is closed. This FTP server gives direct access to your microSD card, so you no longer have to eject the card to store/retrieve files.
  • More content directories
    Some people complained that they didn't like all the XCI/NSP/NRO files in the root of their SD card. We have to agree that becomes a bit messy, so the menu will now scan the following directories as well looking for game content:
    • /sxos/games
    • /sxos/xci
    • /sxos/nsp
    • /sxos
    • /switch/games
    • /switch/xci
    • /switch/nsp
    • /switch
We hope you enjoy this release!

Once again we would like to thank everyone for their suggestions and their support.

More exciting functionality for all of our end-users is being worked on as we speak. Hang in there with us, your loyalty will be rewarded!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
-low cost (pay 4 convenience)
ReiNX and Hekate are free.

-practical (anyone can do it - even the computer illiterate)
Copy the contents of a zip file to the SD card and ReiNX and Hekate just werk.

-stress free (it just.. works)
See above.

-time saver (from researching what works)
See above.

-SX OS is a bonus with Physical Pro/Jig purchase
Off-brand dongles with the ability to use any payload cost ~$15.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Ya know, I'm not even saying SX OS is a bad product or anything. In fact, I purchased it a while back and still use it today. It's just not something I would recommend to people who haven't yet purchased it, for the number of reasons I've been spouting in this thread.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know, I'm not even saying SX OS is a bad product or anything. In fact, I purchased it a while back and still use it today. It's just not something I would recommend to people who haven't yet purchased it, for the number of reasons I've been spouting in this thread.

Coming from a techie type of guy. I got sick of it in the end.. I just wanted someone else to do the work for once.. Call me lazy if you want, but I just want time to live my life. So I went with SX OS for the dongle and the CFW. Let them code it by whatever means. I know it will work instead of me having to fuss with files. I had enough days of tinkering with things trying to get it to work (with success usually--but at the cost of lots of time) You need time for bleeding edge. At least this way, with TX doing the work, I can kick back and have a beer... and enjoy a working product that has already been tested.

Last edited by morrison22,

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Coming from a techie type of guy. I got sick of it in the end.. I just wanted someone else to do the work for once.. Call me lazy if you want, but I just want time to live my life. So I went with SX OS for the dongle and the CFW. Let them code it by whatever means. I know it will work instead of me having to fuss with files. I had enough days of tinkering with things trying to get it to work (with success usually--but at the cost of lots of time) You need time for bleeding edge. At least this way, with TX doing the work, I can kick back and have a beer... and enjoy a working product that has already been tested.
I mean, like I said previously. You just copy-paste the contents of a folder and the other solutions work out of the box. Same thing SX OS offers. The reason I purchased it is because two months ago, there was no free (usable) backup loading solution. That reason's obviously been expunged as of late lol.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did anyone got a corrupted SD with TX FTP solution? I use a exFAT and FTPd so far and make sure to wait till everything is transfered and then I disconnect the program from the switch first.
I use to use ftpd until it finally nuked my installed games due to corruption. I've now use TXftp and it works like a charm.
Great for rearranging files or managing homebrew and editing stuff. Still sucks for big file transfers.

Reactions: GamingAori

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use to use ftpd until it finally nuked my installed games due to corruption. I've now use TXftp and it works like a charm.
Great for rearranging files or managing homebrew and editing stuff. Still sucks for big file transfers.
Why are you sure that TXftp won't corrupt your sd? And how did ftpd corrupt your sd? Didn't you wait till everything is transfered first and then disconnect the pc from switch first?

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not going to get into an argument, as I was one of the lucky ones that just won the SX Pro.

My question is, I just supposedly installed a game, but now it doesn't show under games.. Did I do something wrong?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are you sure that TXftp won't corrupt your sd? And how did ftpd corrupt your sd? Didn't you wait till everything is transfered first and then disconnect the pc from switch first?
Not sure, locked up a few times on me and then ALL my games stopped working. I've been using txftp to transfer a bunch of shit and I've had no errors or corruption yet. I'm happy so far.

Reactions: GamingAori

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm not going to get into an argument, as I was one of the lucky ones that just won the SX Pro.

My question is, I just supposedly installed a game, but now it doesn't show under games.. Did I do something wrong?
When you install a NSP, It will save the data in the Nintendo folder. The locations that are available in the SXOS1.5 update are only those that SXOS will see (so that you can install NSP or mount XCI's from there)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why though? They are delivering. No confusion about all those different CFW like Rei or Raj, no fiddling around with several tools like tinfoil, devmenu, converters, no caring about fuses and downgrading...It just works, plug and play - people like that.

just a simple plug and play tool, but wait a sec these are all haters because if you remember back on the 3ds, they loved these flash cards, then the FREE OPTION CAME and they all slated.

as for idiots who know nothing acting like they know everything saying crap like, stolen from..... yet erm where are these features the others have that sx keep bringing.

sx has its own in house people working on the sx, they release its features once its stable enough for release, if they stole said features it would take them longer to find fixes because they never created them, they would have to understand how other people created it to find possible flaws and fix them.

if your happy being a cheap skate and want to use the free cfw option that erm void's your warranty and puts your console at more risk of a brick, then sure go ahead.

but can you refrain bitching because the people who brought the first switch hack are actually working hard to bring new features, not steal them.

D

Deleted User

NSPs require installing though so surely when you go online some that cdn badness will happen (checking for updates etc.) That lead to the super bans that ninty have been gifting. I could be completely wrong so let me know if that's the case as I'm fairly new here (much more comfortable with the ps3/4, psp/vita side of things). 3DS scene was so damn simple by the time I got into, drag, drop, done that this is my first forray into ninty underground. The main thing all these consoles have in common is they are so stable they beat me at jenga every bloody time.
Well a lot of people with sx os already are ban so.... does it matter?
and even then that cdn badness could be prevented if logs are not sent, which they can be blocked through software.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be better off using tinfoil at this point. Or better yet, install Devmenu and use that.

I'll look into that.. But see this.. THIS is the problem that occurs on both the 3DS and So Far the Switch scene is that so many things do come out that actually finding anything USEFUL instead of "They fucked my dog! They killed my carrot!" is damn near impossible.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Not sure what went wrong but I've installed dozens of nsp and they either install and work, or fail due to corrupt nsp/not enough free space. Tons of people have had problems with fake sd cards.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what went wrong but I've installed dozens of nsp and they either install and work, or fail due to corrupt nsp/not enough free space. Tons of people have had problems with fake sd cards.

Well I'm looking.. Perhaps I don't have a donor game?

And I tried to install Hallow Knight on a 4.0 unit... could that be a problem as well?

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm looking.. Perhaps I don't have a donor game?

And I tried to install Hallow Knight on a 4.0 unit... could that be a problem as well?
You don't need a donor game using SXOS (or other free cfw) anymore

The installed game should appear in the home menu after installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong