TX Announces SX OS v1.5 with 'even more features'

TX is still busy working on the currently 'unhackable switch'es'

In the meantime they have recently produced yet another update to their SX OS v1.5, and as usual its packed with new features as you can see detailed below in their official 'changelog':

sx15.jpg

Another day, another small update with some convenient new functionality for SX OS!

Lets have a look at whats new:
  • Added mass NSP install (and optional delete) functionality
    Users who want to install a lot of NSP titles at once can now easily do so by pressing [Y] in the installer tab. Upon finish the NSP installer will also ask you if you want to delete the NSP source files from your microSD card, freeing up space and keeping every neat and tidy!
  • FTP server support
    You can now enable a FTP server from the options tab in our menu that will keep running even once the menu is closed. This FTP server gives direct access to your microSD card, so you no longer have to eject the card to store/retrieve files.
  • More content directories
    Some people complained that they didn't like all the XCI/NSP/NRO files in the root of their SD card. We have to agree that becomes a bit messy, so the menu will now scan the following directories as well looking for game content:
    • /sxos/games
    • /sxos/xci
    • /sxos/nsp
    • /sxos
    • /switch/games
    • /switch/xci
    • /switch/nsp
    • /switch
We hope you enjoy this release!

Once again we would like to thank everyone for their suggestions and their support.

More exciting functionality for all of our end-users is being worked on as we speak. Hang in there with us, your loyalty will be rewarded!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donor game? For what?

Sorry I thought you were using sxos to install nsp.

I am... Again. If people would get rid of old tutorials that are irrelevant now instead of whining and bitching about what firmware they prefer... People trying to actually look up information might be able to.

And the issue was my firmware was too low.

Last edited by Tigran,
Reactions: Triptamine

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, haven't had any issues with its usability either. However, I much prefer an open-source solution. Especially since ReiNX/Hekate now offer many many more features in the form of additional kips. Just like what happened to Gateway, there's no real reason to purchase SX OS anymore...

Agreed on the ease of use point, but not anywhere else. The open-source solutions already far eclipse SX OS in features, just go to the Homebrew section of this very forum and take a look at the number of additional features that can be installed to gimp SX OS. Cheat plugins, audio players, and a not broken Homebrew launcher are just a few. Not to mention being able to use them the instant they come out, instead of having to wait for TX to copy-paste it and release a new version after a few weeks.

I can use either, as an Sx owner I have the choice but hey all I wanna do I snplay some games. I ain’t worried about any random homebrew except maybe Checkpoint. I have a £3000 arcade cabinet that emulates pretty much everything possible at the moment, so no worries about half assed emu ports either.
So really Sx is perfect for me xci is fine, can’t be assed with installing shit when I can just mount and play. And if I don’t like the game just delete from sd and that’s that!

Last edited by nikeymikey,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these guys going to hack the xbox 1, i thought the theory was that they needed cash for some fancy telescope that will help them hack the xbox and used switchtxos pro funds

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I agree, not really worth buying a sx os now because of the free options but having a stable cfw that just works, a couple of months headstart, and most importantly no drama was already worth every penny I've spent on it.

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
La norie still freezes have to turn system off from game plus homebrew still freezes system and auto rcm still
Messes up your system never auto rcm plus it still
Bans your system it better update with a rom for system updates. And we're is wii u emu for switch to play call of duty and a side Mario game.

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well a lot of people with sx os already are ban so.... does it matter?
and even then that cdn badness could be prevented if logs are not sent, which they can be blocked through software.
To those people probably not.

I could do what I did with the vita and buy 2, one for hacks and one for legit online but I'd rather wait for a refresh or maybe just a limited edition one that I like to do that. Until then I'd like to keep my switch as safe as possible. Emunand would be nice but if there are still traces because I didn't do all I could and get banned I'll be dissapointed. Not because It becomes an offline machine at that time but because it's a challenge to see if I can do it.

Which brings me to my next point. Could you please tell me more about the software you mentioned. I may or may not use it because not behaving as expected by sending those logs tells ninty that something is different and may be more dangerous than letting them have logs but it does sound interesting.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Are these guys going to hack the xbox 1, i thought the theory was that they needed cash for some fancy telescope that will help them hack the xbox and used switchtxos pro funds

We going to use all the 'tons of cash', to launch our own Xecuter Space Station, where we can design new cool things out into space away from any 'legal laws' or 'rules'. <-- Well, until Space Force launches in 2020 to take us down! :)

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's true if you buy it from amazon and select next day delivery, rather than free super saver. I'm not saying everything gets cheaper, urgency can cost you more money and people are used to it.
Amazon Au? If thats true I'll have to check it out.

I'm just remembering 3ds/ wii u games from ebgames/jbhifi and They were still selling first party nintendo games at releae rrp years after release; even preowned were only about 10% cheaper. I'd import from the uk often because they were about 20-40% cheaper even with post on release wait and buy preowned from forums or ebay if really desperate.

If amazon opening this year has made nintendo games actually depreciate thanks for the heads up!!!

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Amazon Au? If thats true I'll have to check it out.

I'm just remembering 3ds/ wii u games from ebgames/jbhifi and They were still selling first party nintendo games at releae rrp years after release; even preowned were only about 10% cheaper. I'd import from the uk often because they were about 20-40% cheaper even with post on release wait and buy preowned from forums or ebay if really desperate.

If amazon opening this year has made nintendo games actually depreciate thanks for the heads up!!!

botw wii u is still $89 at EB so nothings changed

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am... Again. If people would get rid of old tutorials that are irrelevant now instead of whining and bitching about what firmware they prefer... People trying to actually look up information might be able to.

And the issue was my firmware was too low.
That hits close to home. This needs to be way up there.

I didnt touch my switch except to check fw until sx pro arrived a few days ago and the stickied tutorials plus the ones that come up from google and gbatemp searches had me dling a 16gb xci and modding extracted files so I could install exfat driver on 3.0.2 then another similar style (dl xci, get keys, extract update) to get to 4.1.0 with fuses. I thought I was going to break the sd card slot or cover with the number of times im jumping between systems. Ironically it was reading to see what other cool stuff was happening when I discovered that I could have probably done it all in one go with hekate_ctcaer_2.3.bin to dump nand and ChoiDujourNX as fat 32 would have been fine with an update file.

I quite enjoyed the tinkering (except the sd swaps) but I have to laugh at the anti tx people in this thread saying its just as easy as the sx os method both plug and play. Throw a folder on an sd card and tegra rcm smash, done! That may very well be true but an end user has to find the right info and files and they werent in any of the stickies or first page of searches when I tried.

Until the more streamlined methods from the last week or two can actually be found by someone looking that's just not the case.

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I agree, not really worth buying a sx os now because of the free options but having a stable cfw that just works, a couple of months headstart, and most importantly no drama was already worth every penny I've spent on it.
The jig and dongle are pretty slick too. For me the OS is a bonus and the ongoing updates and new features make it a nice little package. Bought for the donlge; stayed for the whole package.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

Sx OS payload can load other payloads from microsd card. So sx can load hekate/reinx/lakka or whatever. This feature will come to hekate at some point but it has been a sx OS feature since day 1, and free for every user without paying any licence.

I dont know where you live but muy licence was 23€, I could eat rice and bananas with that money for a month as you said, I don't think I could afford anything else.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Idk why people still want a XCI reader on the other firmwares, we already have a functional converter to NSP and NSP format is better in every way.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The dongle and top quality jig alone were worth the bucks, if it's only for convenience. And even if there will be a cfw at some point that outperforms SX OS (which will happen, no doubt), we can still use the dongle and the SX boot launcher to launch that other payload without a phone or PC.

Reactions: Triptamine

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1 mouth and still not banned, yet
Of course, didnt play online, never used layered, and i update my games thourgh OFW
People abused so much playing online and even playing games before oficial launch (dead cell)

awareunlikeu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 mouth and still not banned, yet
Of course, didnt play online, never used layered, and i update my games thourgh OFW
People abused so much playing online and even playing games before oficial launch (dead cell)

Yup,.Dead Cells is likely what got me banned. Didn't realize it wasn't out yet when I picked it up. Oh well here's to hoping for an unban through CFW emunand or the like, or the morwe lilley, a new Switch down the line for clean play. I know this isnt the proper thread to ask, but being banned now, using SXOS, but certainly not opposed to another CFW method, is there a way to still play games locally on same wifi with another player with same game, backup or otherwise?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night