Hacking Type-0 translator looking for a new game

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i vote for Last Ranker... that game seemed to have potential, and No one seems to be even close to bring it officially to the west.

there's already a team working on it, and they may need help!

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Calm down sandpit Batman, the guy asked for something to translate, i gave him some ideas, no one is forcing him, and if i remember no one asked you so go wave your little hands elsewhere.

I'm not here to pick a fight, i understand that's a lot of work just wishing for a full screen experience that's all (like the fan trad of DQ V on PS2), i would loved to help but english is my fourth language and very mediocre, i will retard any project for years, i'm very grateful for all hard work done in translations but the masked avenger called me an 'asshole' for no reason, this is not a sane way to communicate.

Anyway, please stop off topic.

A Translator just translates a txt file, not both hack and translate.

You can also ask a translator to translate something massive that was already translated for no reason related to the existing translation's quality, but that would make you seem like an asshole. I assume you're not, so please try to quit doing it.

It seems you insist :/
If you don't realize it yet, this topic has a translator (who can't hack, and thus can't wave his wand and create a translated iso since he knows how to translate but can't/isn't interested i, handling the extremely time-consuming/distracting technical aspects by himself) asking for suggestions for ongoing translation projects (who have people able to modify the rom/iso, extract the script so that he can translate it, and insert the English translation for him) that need his help (needing his help = they haven't been translated before)

You ignore all of this specific request of the OP and just post a wish list of yours.
If that's not already bad, you're asking him, a script translator, to romhack the PS1 version of an already translated game. Something he isn't interested in, and something useless since a translation exists.
There are already superior versions of DQ4 on DS and iOS (with the party chat, no less) and the PS1 DQ4 doesn't draw much interest since it's the most inferior version (DQV PS2 is different enough from the DS game it warranted the translation) and it has no extra content of any sort warranting choosing it over the other versions.
Don't you see the problem?
If you have a game that's translated elsewhere, and you want to translate it, you would need a rom hacker, aka someone who has the technical knowhow to modify the iso. Scratch that, they don't like wish lists either, if you ever want to see it translated, HACK IT YOURSELF.

If you don't do it yourself, nobody is doing it for you.
No amount of name calling (not even the whole DC/Marvel cast), flaming or disrespecting either the OP or other posters is going to change that fact, frustrated passive poster. Act.
I suggest you put all of this energy you use in asinine discussions towards realizing that pet dream of yours.

End quote

Reactions: Hargrun

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One great game to translate would be サルゲッチュ ー サルサル大作戦. Game is fantastic, and I would love to actually know what's going on. Would be wonderful to have other people enjoy a fantastic game from the Ape Escape series.

Reactions: TwistedZeon

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The patch will be very big and will contain all the edited videos data.

I don't know the codec used on PSP, but I remember Xenogears french translation project used a method to patch only the area of the video which needed to display subtitles.
Usually, videos are set of squares, if you can encode the new video with subtitles, then determine which squares you need to replace in the original video and make the xdelta on the original+new squares only it will be a shorter patch and it won't include the full copyrighted re-encoded video. The advantage is also that the video won't suffer from re-encoding quality loss, except on subtitles area.
It will require a good knowlege of video stream and encoding.
Maybe it's not possible based on IPB frames.

IIRC the PS1 codec is MDEC, that is kind of like MJPEG. The frames stored by this codec are completely independent, as there is no motion prediction (all I frames), so patching a small area is possible.
In the other hand, the PSP uses (likely) an MPEG derivative for video coding, with strong frame interdependence and motion prediction coding. Changing small parts of a frame in this setup would impact following frames, so the Xenogears translation approach would not work for PSP games.
One possible solution to avoid including "copyrighted video data" in the patch would be to modify the video and recompress it WITHIN the patch script; e.g. include tools for extraction, modification (eg. applying hard subtitles to video), recompression and reinsertion of the video and call them in the patch script. But this would probably infringe video encoding patents.
Best solution, hack the game and implement real-time soft subtitles like absolute zero did with Tales of Innocence and others. Sure, that requires strong hacking effort.

Reactions: Cyan

Read DxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not too late I have a few suggestions, I figure its just prudent to link to ways to contact the projects hence the mess
Zero no Kiseki, Huge, Huge Game, needs all the translators in the world (https://gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-translation.366149/)
Agarest Senki Mariage for PSP, Its currently stalled at about 60% because the translator switched to another project, thats all the info I know(this is the only way I know of to contact the translator, http://www.kaorinusantara.or.id/forum/member.php?u=3881)
.Hack Link (http://www.dothackers.net/forums/vi...sid=1107c329064fea317b8b7092ec82123c&start=20)

Edit: I wish the timestamps were actually noticeable so I dont necro a topic from 6 months ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A