UGREEN Nexode 300W GaN Fast Charger

GBAtemp Impressions UGREEN 300W GaN Charger.png

UGREEN is back with another GaN charger; this one being the world’s first 300W GaN charger and we’ll take a closer look at the UGREEN Nexode 300W GaN Fast Charger, which launches today, in this article. Note that this is the same article published some weeks ago but was retracted upon request from UGREEN as there was an embargo which was not previously specified until the article was published. Except for this note and video below, the article's content has not changed.

As with UGREEN’s other GaN chargers, the newly-released Nexode 300W GaN Fast Charger sits among the higher priced ones and retails for $269. And as with other UGREEN products, this charger bears a premium build. Its metallic grey coating and matte finish endows it with a sleek and minimalist look; making it suitable to be inconspicuously added to your work desk. It also has a large anti-slip padding underneath to keep it in place and minimise scratches on your desk.

Of note, I appreciated that the company provided a USB-C cable for charging purposes. This isn’t very common with GaN chargers and having one included is always welcome.

content.jpg

front.jpg back.jpg under.jpg

Its main downside to this device is its weight as it is quite hefty for a charger. But then again, this is not a regular charger but a 300W one that can replace up to 5 devices’ chargers. Its first port can deliver as much as 140W via the PowerDelivery 3.1 spec, which can juice up a 16-inch MacBook Pro up to 70% in an hour.

With its five ports, it can charge a laptop, phone, tablet, earbuds and handheld console at once. However, having only one USB-A port can be limiting if your device doesn’t plug into a USB-C port. Maybe future iterations could include more USB-A ports to suit more needs.

ports.jpg

Even with all ports in use, they can power such devices as they will provide 140W, 65W, 45W, 20W and 22.5W (from the top to the bottom port). With less devices connected, the power output can fluctuate based on the chart provided by UGREEN below. I found it handy that they clarify the power distribution (it’s included in the user manual as well).

power distribution.jpg

Its charging ability and power output can really make the UGREEN Nexode 300W GaN Fast Charger a replacement for up to five devices’ chargers. This makes it very adequate for travelling. While it does get hot over time (I wouldn’t hold it in my hand), it has a smart thermal guard system that monitors temperature change in real-time. Every 0.5 seconds, it takes a temperature reading to protect your device from overheating, ensuring that it delivers fast yet safe charging.

Although this is not a cheap device (for more budget-friendly options, you might want to look into what oraimo proposes), it is an impressively powerful one and shows that UGREEN is paving the way for single chargers for multiple, power-hungry devices.

use.jpg

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's right - I go on a video game hacking website to find the best charger for my phone, tablet and earbuds.

Seriously, where's the filter option for the front page?
$269 for yet another useless overpriced device and one more useless PAID review. also look at the size of the fucking thing who wants a charger that's as big as a toaster?! :rofl:
they need to keep the lights on here somehow.. :)

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if there's no actual news related to gaming, please don't feel pressured to post something like this. Whatever happened to 'No news is good news'?

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
along with others i agree this garbage $269 ripoff product isnt worth the space on gbatemp and the editors should say no to the money they are being paid to put this garbage on their website and keep their honor and credibility intact.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I need something like this, but let's be real, who owns this many devices that support USB-C fast charging?
Most of my devices now are USB-C, but most of them aren't fast charging and I only have 1 C-to-C cable. I do want to get a GaN charger with multiple inputs like this though. Would be good for travel. But ideally, it would only need 1-2 fast charging USB-C ports, and at least a couple USB-A, which should cover all my bases.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful with this. I was banned for a week for asking questions like this.
I've asked about filtering the front page before, they were very helpful in showing me how to do that. But realistically shouldn't there be a filter for product reviews with the other filters that already exist?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.