Hacking Unable to update from USB

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 4.05 fw. (Previously on 1.76 and updated months ago using a USB drive, to 4.05 offline no problem)

Decided to update to 5.05 using the same method. I DID have a internet connection setup to use the 4.05 exploit, and had no other internet settings enabled. (Turned off auto-update, rest more internet, etc.)

Now the problem is, after turning off internet and putting in the USB drive, going to system update, it says "internet not conncccon - error nw something -6".
You're supposed to be able to update without needing internet. Do i need to actually wipe my network IP/DNS,etc settings to keep it from "thinking" the PS4 needs internet to continue?
Obviously, the goal is to update from USB and NOT have it try to reach online for the latest Sony fw.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Bonovox40, , Reason: Typo

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm on 4.05 fw. (Previously on 1.76 and updated months ago using a USB drive, to 4.05 offline no problem)

Decided to update to 5.05 using the same method. I DID have a internet connection setup to use the 4.05 exploit, and had no other internet settings enabled. (Turned off auto-update, rest more internet, etc.)

Now the problem is, after turning off internet and putting in the USB drive, going to system update, it says "internet not conncccon - error nw something -6".
You're supposed to be able to update without needing internet. Do i need to actually wipe my network IP/DNS,etc settings to keep it from "thinking" the PS4 needs internet to continue?
Obviously, the goal is to update from USB and NOT have it try to reach online for the latest Sony fw.

Thanks for any help!

Update via safe mode.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Use SYS not REC pup (don’t wanna wipe it), and if you ever blocked updates via app or ftp: un do it.

Last edited by KiiWii,

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update via safe mode.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Use SYS not REC pup (don’t wanna wipe it), and if you ever blocked updates via app or ftp: un do it.

You mean retail system pup, not recovery pup right? Yes, that's what I have left. Md5 checksum matches.
I'm just confused why it won't let me update from the settings--system uodate menu, when it worked fine the last time I updated from 1.76 to 4.05.

I never did any blocking via app/ftp. Just always used al-azif webpage host to run exploit via the user help page at the top of system menu.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean retail system pup, not recovery pup right? Yes, that's what I have left. Md5 checksum matches.
I'm just confused why it won't let me update from the settings--system uodate menu, when it worked fine the last time I updated from 1.76 to 4.05.

I never did any blocking via app/ftp. Just always used al-azif webpage host to run exploit via the user help page at the top of system menu.

Some payloads actually have blocker built in too, silently.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now in safe mode after selecting "update from USB", it sees the 5.05 update.
Then after selecting it, it accessing the usb drive and immediately says "Cannot access system storage. (CE-30778-5)". Wtf!??

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any data on the HDD, does it boot into OS on 4.05? The error is pointing toward the HDD, saying it cant detect the HDD.

The HDD is fine. Boots into 4.05 fine, just refuses to check a USB for updates in the OS if it doesn't see an internet connection.
Safe mode let's it try, but immediatly throws that error about accessing system storage.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work. It was update blocker thing active, but I never manually selected that option, ever. Weird. I ftp and removed the update folders, and the 5.05 update worked and everything is working ok.
Thanks everyone!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know, lol. It's not that i didn't believe you in that it was possible, I just had no idea the update blocker was set on my PS4, when I never chose that option in the old al-azif selection menu. :-P

This is why we need tools to make our own payloads, so we know exactly whats going on under the hood of our consoles.

Some devs incorporate a lot more than you think sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1