Apple Unlocking question?

jazvdb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've been trying to help a friends unlock his iPhone but i found out that my iPhone has model firmware of 05.16.02 and this means the only way of unlocking has a irreversible modification to your device that Apple may notice. In addition, you will be unable to restore to iOS 4.2.1 and later properly. Use this as a last resort at your own discretion.

Do i have to wait till someone comes up with a way to unlock 05.16.02 and later just like ultrasn0w or is there an alternative way? like downgrading or something? (which i know nothing of)

[[iPhone 3GS 8GB]]

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the 6.15.00 baseband is the only free option.

Some iPhones are eligible for the "legitimate" unlock. You could look for sites offering said unlock that ask for your IMEI, but be careful; sharing your IMEI with a malicious party can pose privacy risks. Cut Your Sim is known to be a trustworthy source.

I'm not familiar with any legal SIM card hacks (e.g.- Rebel SimCard) that works with the iPhone 3GS on baseband 5.16.02, so I won't comment on those (except they are another paid option).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)