Apple Unpop Ipod Touch 4G's cherry (unjailbreak)

blahkamehameha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've read in a few threads on here that doing a restore in Itunes would essentially restore it to factory default settings, correct?

So this will completely remove everything associated with the jailbreak? Like for instance, roms for genesis4iphone will be deleted correct?

(I want to un-jailbreak to restore warranty, improve battery life, and upgrade to ios 6)

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you restore from a back-up made while your device was jailbroken, settings files that Cydia apps saved will still be sync'd to your device, but they won't do anything, and you'd have to re-jailbreak to be able to see them in the first place. To be safe, just restore normally through iTunes, and don't restore from a back-up. (If iTunes prompts you to, just exit out of the prompt and set up your iPod normally.)

Jailbreaks don't shorten battery life, but poorly designed or processor-intensive tweaks do. You can update to iOS 6 through iTunes without restoring first. iTunes will automatically restore your device for you during the update process. Be sure you want to update to iOS 6, though. A lot of people are unhappy with it, mostly concerning the lack of a native YouTube app and the sub-par Maps app, but also there have been reports of issues connecting to wi-fi networks through mobile Safari.

Reactions: 1 person

blahkamehameha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the worst thread title I have ever seen.
Ha yeah, it probably is too risque...

Thanks for the help guys. I did what Izen said and did a restore through Itunes, and installed ios 6 during the process. No problems whatsoever.

It was a little weird though, my gamecenter account info carried over somehow, even though I didn't restore from a backup.

And to Izen, yeah there was something I had installed that was draining the battery life big time. I thought it might be SBSettings, but after removing it and still had the problem. So just wanted to unjailbreak to remove whatever application was causing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol