[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
i would say to cancel the gbatemp bounty, due to this circumstances and redirect the money prizes to chary...
but this is really unfair for those who want to enter the competition, and gbatemp already made the compromise... and would be really bad for the people..
maybe instead of 5 prizes, just have 3? and reduce the second and third prize value? instead of 100 dollars amazon card, make it 50...
i think she deserves it, she did a good job when the attend to that conference thing (i think e3?) she had been streaming in twitch, i do see her a lot doing "reporter" stuff
I could never accept that. All the community support is amazing, but something to that degree would take away from you guys, and I don't want that at all. Thank you, though, for the kind words.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I could never accept that. All the community support is amazing, but something to that degree would take away from you guys, and I don't want that at all. Thank you, though, for the kind words.
i see there would be a huge problem and unfairness about the people who did join, if the contest was cancelled...
however there is no harm in fewer and smaller prizes..
the GPD win. i recall it was a sponsor who gave it to temper? so the bounty would still feature it.
but the amazon prizes could be reduzed..
first prize: gpd win
second prize, 50 bucks amazon
third. 25 bucks amazon...

there is still contest and people can still earn something free, it's not a raffle or lottery thing, so there is no harm....

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

NicoAICP

Some random dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i would say to cancel the gbatemp bounty, due to this circumstances and redirect the money prizes to chary...
but this is really unfair for those who want to enter the competition, and gbatemp already made the compromise... and would be really bad for the people..
maybe instead of 5 prizes, just have 3? and reduce the second and third prize value? instead of 100 dollars amazon card, make it 50...
i think she deserves it, she did a good job when the attend to that conference thing (i think e3?) she had been streaming in twitch, i do see her a lot doing "reporter" stuff

maybe create a thread and ask the people who enter the bounty if they agree with smaller and fewer second and later prizes. and put it in the @Chary jar(d)
The winner could donate some of the money they won if they want too.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@shaunj66 I just sent you a Paypal. Why the heck doesn't Gofundme support Paypal is beyond me.
The reason for that is probably because much like kickstarter, gofundme doesn't actually charge people unless the goal is met or the timer ends. With credit card info, you can charge later if the goal is met, but with a paypal transaction you can't easily do that. And refunding everyone if the goal doesn't get met would cost gofundme quite a bit.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of incredible donations from @DinohScene @Yudowat "Disse" @Foxi4 @linuxares @Bubsy Bobcat & Anonymous on PayPal!

I have matched your generous donations on Gofundme. I hope Gofundme or my bank don't see this activity as fraud/suspicious activity! :lol:

Further Paypal donations will be matched later as I have to go AFK now.

Last edited by shaunj66,

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unfortunately cannot help with this, Patreon and other bills have to be done. It sucks what your having to go through and I really hope you get back on your feet after this.

Reactions: Chary

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That really sucks. I'll see if I can spare a few bucks, although I really don't have any spare money.
But doesn't @Chary 's family have insurance?
The reason for that is probably because much like kickstarter, gofundme doesn't actually charge people unless the goal is met or the timer ends. With credit card info, you can charge later if the goal is met, but with a paypal transaction you can't easily do that. And refunding everyone if the goal doesn't get met would cost gofundme quite a bit.
Issuing refunds through PayPal doesn't cost anything. :)
It's also possible to create a payment agreement so that they can charge the PayPal later.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That really sucks. I'll see if I can spare a few bucks, although I really don't have any spare money.
But doesn't @Chary 's family have insurance?

Issuing refunds through PayPal doesn't cost anything. :)
It's also possible to create a payment agreement so that they can charge the PayPal later.
Probably, but since the gofundme is so little it's probably so the can survive for the time being. Like get new clothes etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan more footage of the mario 64 big star secret video has been found