Hacking COMPLETED Update Blocking - Self Hosted Proxy (Java)

JustBrandonT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wrote a proxy in Java that can block updates or specified URL requests that the switch or any device makes.. I currently leave it running on a RaspberryPi3 with port forwarding to allow access from anywhere. Might port it to Python3 but meh..

Anyway, thought I'd share another option for those that have routers that don't block properly (plus it was cool learning to make a proxy).
It allows you to get game updates, downloads from the eShop, but still block updates (Add more URLs in Main.java as necessary to fit your needs).

EDIT: It won't let me post a video or code in code-tags so hopefully it uploaded successfully.
EDIT: Updated code as src.zip.

Video:

Attachments

• src.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by JustBrandonT,

JustBrandonT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can u list the urls blocked?

Since I am new here, I can't post URLs or code in code-tags (I zipped the source code in the first post) ={
In the source code zip file I attached it has them all listed in Main.java file.

EDIT: Turns out if I remove com and net, I can post them:

It blocks:

"sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo",
"receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo",
"app-b01.lp1.npns.srv.nintendo",
"*.baas.nintendo"

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Code:
    private static String[] URLS_TO_BLOCK = {
            "sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net",
            "receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net",
            "app-b01.lp1.npns.srv.nintendo.net",
            ".baas.nintendo.com"
    };
}

ok thanks.... is that the only ones required ???

JustBrandonT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Code:
    private static String[] URLS_TO_BLOCK = {
    };
}

ok thanks.... is that the only ones required ???

Might depend on region. They work for me. I block the same ones from here (I couldn't block sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo in my router so I wrote this to block them.. Also the DNS blocking was blocking access to eShop for me):

gbatemp url -> /threads/dns-to-block-the-updates-of-the-switch.465952/page-4#post-7215716

That's where I got the URLs then verified which ones worked for me and that's what I included in the source. You can add what you want to it as well.

You can verify what requests your switch makes by blocking ALL the connections (`return true` in `shouldBlockRequest` no matter what) in Main.java.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using a PI running Linux then you can do this without any custom software. Install your own DNS server (something like dnsmasq as it does DHCP too), and just block .nintendo.com and .nindento.net 2 lines, esay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom