[UPDATE] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX found on e-Shop servers

A Twitter user named SciresM has made an interesting discovery: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga DX has popped up in the 3DS's e-Shop database. Absolutely nothing other than that is known at this time.

EDIT: And this time he's got the icons!

Last edited by Chary,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WHAT! HOW DID I MISS THAT!? THAT WAS ONE OF THE FEATURES THAT MADE THE SERIES STAND OUT!!!

Sorry for the caps...

Apparently didn't stand out enough. :P

Seriously though, it was always something of a mission for me to try and get Mario & Luigi equal through those bonus stats and they pull that out of Paper Jam. The plot was bad enough but this... this was inexcusable.

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even believe I finished this game myself back in the "visualboy advance" early release days. I will definitely fire this one back again.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited and slightly afraid. I've played the original tons of times and it's my favorite in the series, particularly for its spritework. I hope the updated graphics do it justice.
(And a difficulty increase/hard mode option would be nice as well).

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited and slightly afraid. I've played the original tons of times and it's my favorite in the series, particularly for its spritework. I hope the updated graphics do it justice.
(And a difficulty increase/hard mode option would be nice as well).
The only thing that I'm afraid of is if they make all version's of the remake more similar to the Japanese version of the original...

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Most likely. It seems like Alphadream is doing this due to how poorly paper jam sold compared to dream team.
I mean, you do make a good point. I liked Paper Jam for a little bit, but the game got tedious because of fucking Papercraft Battles. The Final Boss wasn't even worth, & I honestly had Sticker Star PTSD playing it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Screw Paper Mario! This was the series that got me into Mario RPG!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I really want this to happen! To celebrate, I'm gonna go play Superstar Saga again!
I'm actually going through it now; believe it or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since the data has been found, I'm probably banking on an E3 Release, because whatever Ninty's been cooking up on their database sounds really good right about now. I'm contemplating whether or not they're gonna take a solid Top 5 or Top 3 in best showcase, because we're getting some really crazy stuff from them this year, so it would make sense that they would at least place high. Other than that, I don't see anything necessarily ground breaking happening like Smash Switch being revealed this year, but I'm kinda leaning towards a reveal this year, & if anyone wants to quote me on that when that happens, send 69¢ to [email protected]. But overall, definitely hype. No reason why they won't release it at E3.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm honestly looking forward to this remake of the original. I'm sure everything in the game will remain true to the original, except the only differences is that everything is modernised, 3D maps, 2.5D sprites reused from Dream Team Bros. and Paper Jam Bros. Also, if anyone wants to experience Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions before it gets announced, you're welcome to create your own 3D models of maps like Stardust Fields or something, then replace a map model in Paper Jam Bros. You can also do the same thing with the music too.

I'm sure B_ML1_Master.dspadpcm.bcstm will be recycled though. In the meantime, create a small ROM hack of Paper Jam Bros. to experience it. ^^

Reactions: pandavova

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You confuse shooting for milking
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, hasn't shot anything since 1938
    +2
    I think that was "The great depression" time
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It like one of those fake guns, that shoot, then a flag comes out and says, "splash"
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah a world War wasn't going on or anything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Americans lied about camps for propaganda
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, where is your gun at?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought he already showed you his gun
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun." - Full Metal Jacket
    +1
    We actually said that in Boot Camp, waaay before the movie :mellow:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn Wal-Mart has 42" 4k TVs for only $150
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i bet it will not fit inside your bedroom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea here in North Korea, we are only allowed 1 19" tv per household. And the only channel we get is, MLT (Missile Launch Today)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, doesn't fit in his bedroom he's American
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, doesn't fit in his bedroom he's American +1