Hacking Update old A9LH install to work with new Luma 6.5??

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Luma 6.5 says this:

if the SD card is missing, you can boot Luma from CTRNAND with a compatible A9LH install

It works great on the last few A9LH installs. But on ones from more than a month or so ago it does not. I'm assuming that is what it means by "a compatible A9LH install".

So how in the world do I do a new A9LH (re)install if I am on an older 11.2 A9LH?

I tried loading various SafeA9LHInstallers from HBC. They do not load. I tried going all the way back to 2.1 with ctrtransfer, that worked fine, but when I do the A9LH install like originally it says OTP not found and cannot be dumped. Which I am assuming is because the 3DS is already hacked. I feel like I have the OTP for this 3DS on a backup disc somewhere but I cannot find it.

I am probably missing something easy?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Luma 6.5 says this:

It works great on the last few A9LH installs. But on ones from more than a month or so ago it does not. I'm assuming that is what it means by "a compatible A9LH install".

So how in the world do I do a new A9LH (re)install if I am on an older 11.2 A9LH?

I tried loading various SafeA9LHInstallers from HBC. They do not load. I tried going all the way back to 2.1 with ctrtransfer, that worked fine, but when I do the A9LH install like originally it says OTP not found and cannot be dumped. Which I am assuming is because the 3DS is already hacked. I feel like I have the OTP for this 3DS on a backup disc somewhere but I cannot find it.

I am probably missing something easy?

If you have A9LH then you can load SafeA9LHinstaller as a payload from /Luma/payloads just like you would hourglass9

Name the bin "down_safea9lhinstaller.bin" and place in sd:/luma/payloads, then boot holding down on dpad

Follow this guide: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh

Last edited by el_gonz87,

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew I was forgetting something easy! I feel dumb. Can't believe I forgot about start payloads (all I ever use those for is hourglass9).

Thank you el_gonz87.

My SafeA9LHInstaller_v2.0.3 archive does not contain a safea9lhinstaller.bin. It just has arm11.bin, arm9.bin, and arm9loaderhax.bin.

EDIT: Ignore the below. arm9loaderhax.bin is the one I had to rename to down_SafeA9LHInstaller.bin

And now booting without an SD card works fine.

Thanks again el_gonz87.

[IGNORE]I am assuming that arm11.bin is the one I rename to down_safea9lhinstaller.bin since arm11.bin is the one that is ran in the original install step in the guide? And arm9loaderhax.bin I should replace with a current one?[/IGNORE]

Last edited by smallmedicap,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew I was forgetting something easy! I feel dumb. Can't believe I forgot about start payloads (all I ever use those for is hourglass9).

Thank you el_gonz87.

My SafeA9LHInstaller_v2.0.3 archive does not contain a safea9lhinstaller.bin. It just has arm11.bin, arm9.bin, and arm9loaderhax.bin.

I am assuming that arm11.bin is the one I rename to down_safea9lhinstaller.bin since arm11.bin is the one that is ran in the original install step in the guide? And arm9loaderhax.bin I should replace with a current one?

I believe you should use the one in the guide, once you have a9lh installed you shouldn't need the OTP to update, so you can use the one referenced in the guide which should be the latest release

kalkito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I'm still using A9LH v2 with 11.2.0.35 (I followed the popular guide)
What are the advantages of updating to v3 and Luma 6.5 besides boot without sdcard? (Using N3DS only to play installed games via freeshop).

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
What are the advantages of updating to v3 and Luma 6.5 besides boot without sdcard? (Using N3DS only to play installed games via freeshop).

I think it might be able to prevent official system updates from overwriting NATIVE FIRM1 and 0 without SD card inserted, I could be wrong if @Aurora Wright say otherwise.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it would be nice if the guide said "copy the content of arm9loaderhax's release.7z inside the a9lh folder of the sd"

because the actual name of the zip file may cause confusion, specialy because every other file in the guide is named exactly as the guide describes.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

The other advantage (compared to the old official a9lh from late may) is not having to choose screeninit or not: naming the boot file arm9loaderhax.bin means noscreeninit, naming it arm9loaderhax_si.bin means yes

If you only use Luma as the arm9loaderhax.bin and don't care for booting from internal memory, you don't really need to update a9lh

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: kalkito

LoDeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know, turn on your console?
Or give us some information because so far we are not very good with cristal balls...
I can boot so you did something wrong.

Well, I first used luma updater and it updated and backed up the arm9loaderhax.bin file then I rebooted, the config panel was there, I put on the ones needed and then pressed start to save and reboot and then, after the splashing screen, it always stay at black screen, it just doesn't boot, so I use GodMode9 to restore the backup, but it is pretty annoying to be unable to update. About my console, it is n3ds, a9lh (since not so long after its release but updated a few days ago from v2 to v3 if I'm not mistakin) and sys 11.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1